December 12, 2017, 10:19:47 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 40356 times)

March 09, 2017, 12:06:25 AM
Reply #90

Lxxx

It's the rezzies, mate. The aim is purely to make players ready for the first team. If you already are in the first team squad every week, there's nothing to be gained by playing there.

There's nothing to be gained from sitting on the bench week in week out at this stage of the season either. It won't do any of the lads mentioned any harm at all to have a proper 90 minute runout.

deCoubertin

March 09, 2017, 12:09:08 AM
Reply #91

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There's nothing to be gained from sitting on the bench week in week out at this stage of the season either. It won't do any of the lads mentioned any harm at all to have a proper 90 minute runout.
Tom Davies is playing every week. Lookman is either starting or coming on (in general) Holgate maybe could do with a game

Simply simply lovely

March 09, 2017, 12:09:13 AM
Reply #92

Major Clanger

Lookman and Davies play regularly.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 09, 2017, 02:22:47 AM
Reply #93

blue1948

It's the rezzies, mate. The aim is purely to make players ready for the first team. If you already are in the first team squad every week, there's nothing to be gained by playing there.

Sorry I cannot see your point ,if the u23's win the league then it will instill a winning mentality that can't be bought and would far outweigh any -well let's be honest here ( no chance ) of going higher in the prem
,plus it wouldn't hurt any of the players chances of "regaining " their places.

March 09, 2017, 02:29:26 AM
Reply #94

Major Clanger

,plus it wouldn't hurt any of the players chances of "regaining " their places.

"Regaining"? What the hell are we talking about? Lookman and Davies are first team regulars, there's been the one game where Lookman didn't even come off the bench, but other than that, they're playing in every game.

Would it help them develop a winning mentality by winning a kids competition nobody cares about? Or would it help the kids that the "big boys" come down and win the league for them? How?

And what sort of message would that send out anyway? "You're nice lads but we don't trust you to win the league on your own, so we've brought in some help for you."

Let them bounce back after a poor performance and win it under their own steam. They're more than capable of it.

That, and only that would be of any use to them as professionals.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:31:00 AM by Major Clanger »

March 09, 2017, 10:23:07 AM
Reply #95

blue1948

"Regaining"? What the hell are we talking about? Lookman and Davies are first team regulars, there's been the one game where Lookman didn't even come off the bench, but other than that, they're playing in every game.

Would it help them develop a winning mentality by winning a kids competition nobody cares about? Or would it help the kids that the "big boys" come down and win the league for them? How?

And what sort of message would that send out anyway? "You're nice lads but we don't trust you to win the league on your own, so we've brought in some help for you."

Let them bounce back after a poor performance and win it under their own steam. They're more than capable of it.

That, and only that would be of any use to them as professionals.

Well I see the point you are making ,let me clarify it for my sake . First you think that it is a competition that no one cares about ! ask the lads and Unsy .Second you think that them playing against kids would be a "drop down" for Lookman and Davies ! That is what they are and they most probably will not hold down a regular place yet anyway .Thirdly you also think that them playing two games is going to change the achievement for the u23's ! They must be already pissed because they had Niasse scoring a few goals and Davies played a lot of games for them already .Thought about this whilst writing and it seems you don't understand

March 09, 2017, 02:49:03 PM
Reply #96

Lxxx

Lookman and Davies play regularly.

Holgate was the only one mentioned wasn't he. That's who I was referring to, he could do with a runout.

March 09, 2017, 03:19:13 PM
Reply #97

Major Clanger

Holgate was the only one mentioned wasn't he. That's who I was referring to, he could do with a runout.

Yes, he definitely could.

March 09, 2017, 05:08:44 PM
Reply #98

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Holgate is very poor centre half.

March 09, 2017, 05:18:39 PM
Reply #99

hill135

Holgate is very poor centre half.

Mate he's 20 years old!

March 09, 2017, 05:20:14 PM
Reply #100

Lxxx

I'm still struggling to see what exactly Holgate will progress to be. He's not got the physique to be a centre half really but he looks decent in a back 3, which doesn't lend itself to much game time. He could probably mould himself into a Kyle Walker type player who's more competent defensively but then Coleman has got plenty of miles left on the clock. I dunno.

March 09, 2017, 06:34:17 PM
Reply #101

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mate he's 20 years old!

I know that.

His age is irrelevant to the discussion though.

He's been as poor as, if not worse, than mori and Williams.

March 09, 2017, 08:16:30 PM
Reply #102

blue1948

I know that.

His age is irrelevant to the discussion though.

He's been as poor as, if not worse, than mori and Williams.

I think you are just winding us up .How can age be irrelevant  ? even you were a kid once .I would play him more than Ronald as I think he has a lot to offer and more when he gets experience and I am sure he will get more time soon

March 09, 2017, 09:24:40 PM
Reply #103

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think you are just winding us up .How can age be irrelevant  ? even you were a kid once .I would play him more than Ronald as I think he has a lot to offer and more when he gets experience and I am sure he will get more time soon

Because we are talking about him coming into the team now.

In my opinion he has been as poor as Williams and Mori this season when played centre half. He clearly isn't ready to be playing there regularly.

March 09, 2017, 10:45:27 PM
Reply #104

Major Clanger

Because we are talking about him coming into the team now.

Are we?