December 19, 2018, 09:55:23 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 99244 times)

January 31, 2017, 11:13:54 PM
Read 99244 times

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
HAHA!. Looks like a penalty for my u12 days
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 01, 2017, 01:52:04 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Who played 14 last night? Someone on a Utd forum said they couldn't cope with him at all

Donkor
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 07, 2017, 11:01:36 PM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Pennington reminds me of jagielka in terms of size and pace. he is a CB isn't he?

March 04, 2017, 01:57:54 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Must be quite a shit game if the highlights are showing the game next door through the stands.

March 14, 2017, 06:50:58 PM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I've wondered for a while why there isn't a loan system for coaches like there is for players.

We could send unsy somewhere for 2 years for example.

It'd be cheap for the hiring club as they wouldn't have to pay full manager wages, there wouldn't be potential compensation packages etc. should things not be working out and they'd have access to up and coming coaches from the top clubs.

The coaches would have to take a potential hit on what they might be earning if they were working independently (outside of the loan system) but they might be offered more opportunities if the financial risk is lower and therefore gain more exposure.

Meanwhile we would get to see these coaches in the real world.

I think part of the reason may be that there's still a need in England to think that your manager might be there for 5-10 years and therefore a short term loan isn't ideal. But I think everything is moving away from this so maybe it will happen?

I think conflict of interest is probably the biggest one. A player going out on loan can't really change much. A manager has quite a bit of influence.

April 22, 2017, 12:28:57 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
what is CTv ?

Chinese TV. Everything is on there.

July 01, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Someone take him into town and buy him some trainers!

And some socks

September 23, 2017, 06:16:55 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Should get that Gerkens too. Would be delicious on the right with Coleman.

September 26, 2017, 04:27:33 AM
Reply #8

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Look at Unsie's little college of knowledge there. Going to win the league again these lads.

College of Knowledge

I like that.

October 14, 2017, 07:36:18 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We do have one of the highest budgets for the u23. Even more than City's.

February 07, 2018, 12:14:52 AM
Reply #10

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Love Mori. Good player. better than what we have currently playing besides Holgate.

February 08, 2018, 01:00:27 AM
Reply #11

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
.....................no he isn't . He's in the same category as Robles ,a walking disaster. Makes me nervous when his name is on the teamsheet.

Having Jagielka, Williams, Keane, MArtina and Mangala fills you with so much confidence does it?

February 12, 2018, 11:17:24 PM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So now we are slagging off Big Fat Sam for freezing out poor little Holgate?

He has played 2 games in the prem under Koeman (both as RB), 2 under Unsworth and 7 under Allardyce.

But that is the point. Why drop a kid who has been your best Cb so far. Why destroy what should be our futures confidence all because your training analytics show that Williams headed the ball further than Holgate from a corner. Bunch of crap

April 08, 2018, 11:24:20 PM
Reply #13

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
There's only so much young players can improve without playing.

This is why, despite uncertainty about how good they can actually be, I'd have had Holgate, Davies, and Calvert-Lewin playing as many minutes as possible in the second half of this season. Those three rarely look out of place when called into action against senior pros. I think you need to invest minutes in young players like that, especially when you're not competing for anything. That's a big part of how you find the Kanes, Allis, and Rashfords of the world.

They have to be able to hit the target from 6 yards out and not miss by about 10 with the goal at their mercy. He literally canít score no matter how easy the chance.

April 09, 2018, 12:13:34 PM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
All good points. He just fails to even get close with most of his shooting. Even Cenkís 1st goal of the brace he scored was because DCL missed an absolute sitter. You canít teach a striker to score. Itís natural and instinctive. He just doesnít have it. Will be very good at everything else besides his most important job.