July 23, 2019, 01:21:30 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 132387 times)

October 12, 2017, 01:31:10 PM
Reply #15

Toddacelli

"Head like a rocket, stuck his finger in the socket, punk mother fucker called Baningime"

(One for the oldschoolers)

Yeah that Kid can Play  :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 06, 2017, 04:26:43 AM
Reply #16

Toddacelli

He's refined, sublime, he makes you feel fine
Though very much maligned and misunderstood
But if you know 'Inar he's a real crowd pleaser
He's ever so good, is Inar Iversen.
Let's hope he makes the first team - if only for this on the terraces. If only

February 26, 2018, 08:11:12 PM
Reply #17

Toddacelli

Nah
They either won or lost
Went on a bad run, sacked the manager and now a struggling

Exactly as @Jimmywhack says:

They didn't draw many and it was a bit 50/50 for a while but in their last 14 before their win this weekend it's W2 D4 L8. Their wins will keep them out of the relegation zone but it looks like their losses will keep them out of the top half of the table by the end of the season.

September 26, 2018, 04:24:34 PM
Reply #18

Toddacelli

Not exactly on topic based on the previous few posts but I saw this a few weeks ago. It's not great, at least from my point-of view.

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/everton-youth-teams-now-more-direct,-less-sanitised

Some choice quotes:

It seems regressive to develop players so they'll be comfortable in League Two if they go on loan. And to think of flick-ons as the "real world." It's only a reality for crap teams in England. Nobody who's actually good plays that route one garbage.

I know he mentions playing out from the back and going direct but really, there's no point bothering with the latter. Our academy players are never going to reach the level we need them at if half of their development time is spent learning crap football.

Fuck me that's grim reading. CB's - "They've got to head it, block it, kick it - then if they can play, great."

Well... as long as they can "kick it" FFS!

I don't agree with this at all. Coach good football and with it good decision-making. A good footballer will know when to do something basic and when he can and should play it. Someone who has only ever been told "When in doubt, kick it out" will be looking for row Z every time which is just giving the opposition the ball back.

If you have a player who is coached to be good in the air and direct a header, then they can find space with a flick-on as easily as they can find the net. They don't need to be coached flick-on's for flick-on's sake. If they've been coached good decision-making, when the time comes for one they will be fine.

This is so anti-football. To be putting this into kids so young is very, very disappointing and I'm not surprised so few U18's have been kept on. The question is - have we let them down by doing this? Have we missed out on a potentially decent player? Have we potentially fucked up someone's career?

November 27, 2018, 07:14:25 PM
Reply #19

Toddacelli

I dunno why but when I see Hornby I just think he'll eventually play for someone like Norwich and be really good for them.

November 28, 2018, 02:04:59 PM
Reply #20

Toddacelli

Everyone's forgetting Beni.

Was just going to say that I was hoping to see more of him. Could be the natural successor to Gueye - but there's a lot of development required in between here and there.

December 14, 2018, 02:07:40 PM
Reply #21

Toddacelli

Where the hell is Beni?

Still on the OS, I was impressed by his appearances in the first team and his write-up seems to be exactly the right type of character a young pro should aspire to have:

"At the end of the 2016/17 campaign, he scooped the prestigious Keith Tamlin award, named after the Clubís Vice Life President, for his excellence, attitude and application during their time spent in the Academy."

On a side note - 'Vice-Life President sounds gangster AF lolol

December 14, 2018, 09:45:54 PM
Reply #22

Toddacelli

Been injured.

Thanks again for the info about Beni Beeninjuredinagame :)

Hope he's back soon!

February 21, 2019, 05:05:34 PM
Reply #23

Toddacelli

Letís hope he doesnít go off the rails...

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He shouldn't. The FC should spot the signals as soon as they are flagged.

I'm stoked about this one - he's been under the radar for a bit now - a real sleeper!

March 09, 2019, 01:37:37 PM
Reply #24

Toddacelli

April 17, 2019, 04:39:07 PM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

Can't believe people are arsed about the siren at this game - it was a potential title-winning game ffs! The lads deserved it.

May 10, 2019, 04:46:01 PM
Reply #26

Toddacelli

Fuckinell have I just read?

Well done the U23's!

Sake.

shakeyheadman