October 17, 2017, 02:57:26 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 30992 times)

September 11, 2017, 10:02:31 PM
Reply #540

themilkycoffees

If Niasse was an academy product, we'd all be crying out for him to be starting in the first team. He can't be any worse than what we've seen so far....can he?

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 10:07:08 PM
Reply #541

Marky Mark and the funky

If Niasse was an academy product, we'd all be crying out for him to be starting in the first team. He can't be any worse than what we've seen so far....can he?

I don't want him getting thrown in against Utd but I hope he's at least on the bench for the EFL cup tie. I think it's more likely Koeman will see that fixture as a chance to build the confidence of his preferred players though. It just seems he's earnt a shot at some senior game-time against somebody or other.

September 11, 2017, 10:10:34 PM
Reply #542

SANA_DR0

I don't want him getting thrown in against Utd but I hope he's at least on the bench for the EFL cup tie. I think it's more likely Koeman will see that fixture as a chance to build the confidence of his preferred players though. It just seems he's earnt a shot at some senior game-time against somebody or other.

i would throw him in against united.. play DCL up top with NIASSETY, give Man U something different to think about, 2 strikers who want to stretch the pitch, then we can play 3-5-2 and pack out midfield/defense. least we will have 2 players with decent pace who want to get in behind.. i'd drop Rooney, Sig will have to runners/strikers to aim for..

worth a shot in my view.. i bet with that strikeforce we have more than the average of 1.75 shots on target a match.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 11, 2017, 10:16:32 PM
Reply #543

Marky Mark and the funky

i would throw him in against united.. play DCL up top with NIASSETY, give Man U something different to think about, 2 strikers who want to stretch the pitch, then we can play 3-5-2 and pack out midfield/defense. least we will have 2 players with decent pace who want to get in behind.. i'd drop Rooney, Sig will have to runners/strikers to aim for..

worth a shot in my view.. i bet with that strikeforce we have more than the average of 1.75 shots on target a match.

Never going to happen though, is it? It would mean dropping Rooney and Klaassen, and only one of DCL or Sandro could start with Oumar.

September 11, 2017, 10:21:46 PM
Reply #544

SANA_DR0

Never going to happen though, is it? It would mean dropping Rooney and Klaassen, and only one of DCL or Sandro could start with Oumar.

id drop rooney/sandro and klaassen for the man utd match and play alll 3 of them behind DCL v Atlanta lol.

September 11, 2017, 10:25:53 PM
Reply #545

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't he excluded from EL squad?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 11, 2017, 10:28:44 PM
Reply #546

Marky Mark and the funky

Isn't he excluded from EL squad?

I nearly had that reaction then realised what SANA says makes sense, Sandro/Rooney/Klaassen behind DCL for the Europa, for Utd he'd play Niasse with one of Rooney/Sandro and have Sigurdsson behind them!

Never going to happen nor should it of course!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:29:47 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 11, 2017, 10:52:13 PM
Reply #547

Lxxx

For a minute there I thought I read that people wanted to see Niasse thrown in to play away at Old Trafford.

September 11, 2017, 10:55:18 PM
Reply #548

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
For a minute there I thought I read that people wanted to see Niasse thrown in to play away at Old Trafford.

Call me mad but I'd have him on the bench instead of Mirallas.

September 11, 2017, 10:57:57 PM
Reply #549

SANA_DR0

lol thats what i said dcl up top with big niassety

I nearly had that reaction then realised what SANA says makes sense, Sandro/Rooney/Klaassen behind DCL for the Europa, for Utd he'd play Niasse with one of Rooney/Sandro and have Sigurdsson behind them!

Never going to happen nor should it of course!

close, for united id play dcl and niasse up top with Siggy behind them gana and Schneiderlin in midfield, 2 wing backs, 3 cbs.

hopefully that way, we may get some rest bite for our defense, with big niasste and dcl making runs in behind.. we could even play Martina,, as he gets crossed into the box!

September 14, 2017, 06:22:46 AM
Reply #550

SANA_DR0

back on topic :)

September 16, 2017, 10:46:08 PM
Reply #551

SANA_DR0

under 23 related :p

noticed a new channel on sky (i dont subscribe to any of the channels) its 424 FREESPORTS, it has live La Liga on it and has live matches from the Belgian Jupiler league... tomorrow morning they're showing Kortrik V Anderlecht. I expect Onyekuru to score a hat-trick! (think the match is played today tho, recorded match tomorrow) but last week they showed 3 live games from the Jupiler league

FreeSports launches in UK - these are the football matches it will show
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/freesports-launches-uk-football-matches-13549972

September 17, 2017, 02:45:36 AM
Reply #552

penguinofdoom1878

under 23 related :p

noticed a new channel on sky (i dont subscribe to any of the channels) its 424 FREESPORTS, it has live La Liga on it and has live matches from the Belgian Jupiler league... tomorrow morning they're showing Kortrik V Anderlecht. I expect Onyekuru to score a hat-trick! (think the match is played today tho, recorded match tomorrow) but last week they showed 3 live games from the Jupiler league

FreeSports launches in UK - these are the football matches it will show
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/freesports-launches-uk-football-matches-13549972

Onyekuru came on in the 63rd minute and scored the equalizer in the 76th minute...he rescued a point for them in a 2-2 draw. Also booked.

September 18, 2017, 08:27:49 PM
Reply #553

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Anderlecht manager been sacked wonder if that will affect onyerkru?

Also, Gone a bit quiet on the dowell front, anyone know how he is doing?

Simply simply lovely

September 18, 2017, 08:38:01 PM
Reply #554

Marky Mark and the funky

All I can say is that all of the Championship loanee's are getting plenty of minutes except Pennington who mut still be injured. I think Dowell might be getting a bit more respect from the opposition now because he was the first substituted on the hour mark of Forest's last match, I haven't seen highlights of their last few though.

Browning was dropped after being the main culprit of Sunderland losing last Tuesday, it was a bit like Keane to Schneiderlin, if the receiving player had been a bit more alert the misplaced place would have still been recovered but alas he played the opposition winger in, seconds later it's a  goal conceded.