August 04, 2020, 06:32:00 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 182943 times)

July 29, 2020, 03:34:30 PM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd imagine he sees his progression now blocked by Ferguson, whereas he was the natural interim prior to the big man coming in and saw that as this pathway into managing the blues full-time.

July 31, 2020, 01:11:20 PM
Reply #31

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Haha, yea alright big man, whatever you say.

HEADLINE: ďDowell to leave on a free after Everton hold out for £5mĒ

*KNT shakes fist in anger claiming club should have taken the £1m*

July 31, 2020, 01:33:19 PM
Reply #32

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Are we really arguing that we wouldnít have been better off had we sold the likes of garbutt dowell and Pennington years ago?

If Iíd of come on a few years ago and said sell him for 5-10m everyone would have said heís worth more. Now though itís laughable to suggest we might have been able to get such a massive fee?

I donít think anyone is arguing with that. Once again I think youíre yelling but youíre the only one in the room.

I donít think youíre arguing about any of the points above here. I think youíre suggesting we could get more than a reported £1m for an almost out of contract player who (for the past 5yrs?) is loaned to the championship and then dropped to the bench after 5 months during each loan.

Either way I donít really care tbh. I was just poking a bit of fun at a grumpy old man. No offence intended. No hard feelings man.

July 31, 2020, 03:48:31 PM
Reply #33

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I think 1m is certainly on the low side. The bigger issue though is that he should have been sold years ago. We hold on to substandard young players, pay them more and then either have to give them away or get stuck with them.

Iím really not angry about us getting 1 rather than 5. Just frustrated that as a club we donít seem to be very good at very much

I hear ya. They frustrate me pretty much daily with the odd sprinkling of hope and joy to make sure I keep coming back for more punishment.