January 27, 2020, 05:26:26 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 157239 times)

December 31, 2019, 04:05:36 PM
Reply #105

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There was the bizarre line in the independent article about silva :

"Many figures similarly cite the appointment of Chris Perkins as head of academy recruitment as “one of the most sensible things they’ve done in years”.

Chris perkins was and still is the academy head of recruitment at Derby. A few weeks before that article I had heard we were having a shake up and Brands was installing this perkins as his man, and removing a few of the old guard.

Nothing confirmed by Everton yet and perkins is still at Derby, mayve an open secret or contracts are sorted and just need to announce in the summer I don't know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2020, 04:36:51 PM
Reply #106

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2020, 02:38:53 PM
Reply #107

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So basically Finch Farm then???

All the gear, no idea

January 17, 2020, 04:11:19 AM
Reply #108

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Article in the echo about the new lad, and the poor pathways in place for youth players.

Goes into detail about Gibson also and how he's the only member of the u17 England squad yet to play men's football.

Sounds like hes got his head screwed on as well the lad : 'The 19-year-old, it is understood, wants to see a structure, based around loan deals, that would allow him the opportunity to be in-and-around Carlo Ancelotti's senior squad for the start of the 2021/22 season.'

Fair play to him, if we can't offer him that we should let him go. Can't give him the feeney treatment.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jarrad-branthwaite-lewis-gibson-everton-17574756.amp?__twitter_impression=true

January 17, 2020, 05:07:16 AM
Reply #109

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not like we even get the loan process right.

Think Coleman was the last player we had that went out on loan to come back a first team player.

Liverpool have a loans manager. When Swansea approached them for Brewster he went down to Swansea for a few days to see if it was the right environment for the player.

What do we do when we send out our lads? Already this season we’ve had to cut short two loans because they’ve been a waste of time.

Seem to just send em down the motorway to Bolton Blackpool or Fleetwood.

Loans manager is such a simple step and would immediately improve the club.

A relationship with an eredivisie side the same, or a smart champo club.

January 17, 2020, 07:23:18 AM
Reply #110

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Truth is most youth players don’t make it and if you end up on loan then you’ve probably already failed.

Take Liverpool for example. Sterling and Alexander Arnold never needed a loan whereas the likes of Woodburn and soon to be Brewster will end up nowhere near the first team despite the hype.

There are demonstrably proven ways to increase your chances of generating either profit or a first team player, and one of the biggest is getting them minutes as soon as you can as often as you can.

Some players don't need a loan no, but part of that is how modern football is and how insanely powerful the prem is, you need to be an extremely powerful athlete to hold your own, most players even very good ones aren't that at 19.

Youth players make the balance sheet look a lot healthier as well as any sales are just profit profit profit.

Chelsea's business model for years has been to run the club at a crazy amount of loss, but make it up in player sales and the academy has been a huge part of that.

January 18, 2020, 01:32:19 AM
Reply #111

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Playing tonight, bants straight in.

No onyango, Gibson, Gordon.

Anyone know if it's streamed anywhere?

January 26, 2020, 07:00:37 PM
Reply #112

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sambou, went to fortuna Sittard 9 apps no goals

I've seen him score for them but it may have been a cup game.

Beni needs football, can't let him regress further. Get him somewhere and let him play week in week out.