October 20, 2019, 06:36:34 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 142935 times)

May 09, 2019, 05:09:36 PM
Reply #15

gizzblue

Ffs the young lads do the double and people on here complain because we don't crank a Rooney out every year .

Everton 'supporters' that.

Chelsea Liverpool etc etc pay rediculous amounts for poaching their youth ....which we have only just started doing ...it takes time .

In the meantime i am enjoying the u23's success and the games out with the grandkids building their relationship with footy .....it's not all about money ...when it's plain to see we are progressing .
Born not made a blue .

May 09, 2019, 11:19:09 PM
Reply #16

gizzblue

Duplicate.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:19:28 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

May 09, 2019, 11:20:35 PM
Reply #17

gizzblue

Funny really  last night watching both them teams play footy ...hardly any kick n rush between them (unjust descriptive )...and all the u23's  I've seen this year have been of comparable size weight and ability not really much difference between an 18-19-or 21 year old in reality (if your good enough your old enough and all that)...including the game last night .   
I would also welcome some changes to the youth set up if I'm honest we would all love 11Rooney types a year ...but it's never gonna be a prem player factory ....some should actually go and see the work these lads put in .. it's great to see them play for the shirt .
Born not made a blue .

May 10, 2019, 01:46:11 AM
Reply #18

gizzblue

The thing is though there’s not much value in playing 21-22 year olds whom we pretty much know won’t ever make it. We seem very reluctant to move some players on.

I’d sooner do less well and give them places in the team to younger players with potential still to make it

But again if they were good enough they would be old enough ,be they 18 20 22 ot even 16 as we have all seen

Let's just jib it all off at and have one group of youngsters between 15 and 22 fuck all this nurturing shite... or if they're not good enough at 15 fuck them all off ..would that suit you perchance ?.
Born not made a blue .

May 15, 2019, 11:13:11 PM
Reply #19

gizzblue

I have watched the U23s twice this season, and the kind of football they were playing was similar to the first team.

Lots of passes through the central midfield area, good wide play, and good use of the front man to hold the ball up. Lots of short passing, and lots of switching of play was utilized to stretch the pitch for guys like Bowler to get one on one with the opposition fullback.

It's a really good base to work from, and if you can win whilst producing quality players for the first team, then it can only be defined as successful.

So a far cry from the "kick and rush " or the "hoofball" that some claim the u23's play constantly ...

Glad it wasn't just me thought they actually played footy quite well .
Born not made a blue .

May 16, 2019, 12:08:47 AM
Reply #20

gizzblue

Yeah but gaz also seems to think the first team play lots of passes through the centre of midfield so you know, pinch of salt.

Funny I thought he said 'similar to the first team'  ....and we do actually go through the midfield then to the wings ...so yano ...opinion . ..and he's only seen two u23 games ...must have been actually watching to be so observant  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

September 29, 2019, 06:10:08 AM
Reply #21

gizzblue

Anthony Gordon taking the absolute Micheal

https://twitter.com/EvertonNewsFeed/status/1177703776511287296?s=19

Got everything this lad already ...needs a few games in the full squad .
Born not made a blue .