January 24, 2018, 07:48:50 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 48338 times)

December 18, 2017, 01:45:53 AM
Reply #810

ally2

Used to rock the Hi-Tec Stradas when I was 9 (bottom of the range).  Then Dunlop Gold Flash (level below Green flash) for PE a few years later.  And some Joe Bloggs massively baggy jeans a la Vanilla Ice but with a 28 inch waist (and still needing a belt to keep 'em up).  Basically I looked like an absolute moron

December 18, 2017, 02:23:25 AM
Reply #811

mikey_blue

Cant  beat the old hi tec silver shadow

No longer standard issue in the military. Trying to run cross country in those fuckers was torture.

January 02, 2018, 11:11:42 PM
Reply #812

Lxxx

Barnsley have apparently made a £1m offer to buy Joe Williams who is on loan there. Anyone know much about the lad?

January 03, 2018, 12:04:07 AM
Reply #813

kramer0

Barnsley have apparently made a £1m offer to buy Joe Williams who is on loan there. Anyone know much about the lad?

He looks like a good Championship DM, with around 5 tackles/interceptions per 90. Doesn't contribute much in attack but 1 dribble and 1 key pass per 90 suggest that he can do a little something. Probably has a chance of being PL quality but I think his path to ever playing for Everton is pretty well blocked with all of the pure DMs we have, Baningime included. It probably makes sense for him to move on, especially at a club where he's already doing well.

I'd be bothered more by Liam Walsh leaving permanently (there were rumours that Bristol City wanted to sign him in December). A good passer who dictates tempo is exactly what we need in the middle. We'd be better off finding a loan destination where he'll actually play. Or giving him the odd game when Rooney is out if we reach safety early enough.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:10:13 AM by kramer0 »

January 03, 2018, 12:35:15 AM
Reply #814

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He looks like a good Championship DM, with around 5 tackles/interceptions per 90. Doesn't contribute much in attack but 1 dribble and 1 key pass per 90 suggest that he can do a little something. Probably has a chance of being PL quality but I think his path to ever playing for Everton is pretty well blocked with all of the pure DMs we have, Baningime included. It probably makes sense for him to move on, especially at a club where he's already doing well.

I'd be bothered more by Liam Walsh leaving permanently (there were rumours that Bristol City wanted to sign him in December). A good passer who dictates tempo is exactly what we need in the middle. We'd be better off finding a loan destination where he'll actually play. Or giving him the odd game when Rooney is out if we reach safety early enough.

Seems to have quitened down a bit for Walsh. Didnít blow the doors off it at Birmingham but not sure what shape they were in at that time...Redknapp was it?

Hasnít been near the team when obviously a few others have even in the dead rubber, although he may have been on loan or injured? Not sure if he was recalled or injured.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2018, 12:37:02 AM
Reply #815

kramer0

Seems to have quitened down a bit for Walsh. Didnít blow the doors off it at Birmingham but not sure what shape they were in at that time...Redknapp was it?

Hasnít been near the team when obviously a few others have even in the dead rubber, although he may have been on loan or injured? Not sure if he was recalled or injured.

Birmingham are a mess and wanted experienced players so no surprise that he didn't play.

And he couldn't play in the dead rubber. Loan recalls can only go through during transfer windows now. The new loan rules do allow on-loan players to play for the parent club's U23s, though, which is why he came back earlier.

January 06, 2018, 12:12:08 AM
Reply #816

Lxxx

Gone today.

January 06, 2018, 01:30:02 AM
Reply #817

Shogun

Administrator
Good career choice imo
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 11, 2018, 08:06:15 PM
Reply #818

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Charsley gone to Bolton on loan for the rest of season....... Good move for the lad

Simply simply lovely

January 11, 2018, 09:41:04 PM
Reply #819

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Charsley gone to Bolton on loan for the rest of season....... Good move for the lad

Nice, think he quite often gets overlooked with the other talents we have but I think heís a decent player. I back him to do well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 11, 2018, 09:41:53 PM
Reply #820

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nice, think he quite often gets overlooked with the other talents we have but I think he’s a decent player. I back him to do well.
Seems to be decent in various positions without really nailing down a position

Hope this goes well

Simply simply lovely

January 11, 2018, 11:47:21 PM
Reply #821

Lxxx

I see Brendon Galloway is possibly coming back from Sunderland. Makes sense to not be there but not sure what good he'll be here.

January 12, 2018, 12:19:25 AM
Reply #822

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I see Brendon Galloway is possibly coming back from Sunderland. Makes sense to not be there but not sure what good he'll be here.
Our u23s are struggling

Simply simply lovely

January 12, 2018, 12:20:38 AM
Reply #823

Shogun

Administrator

They seem to have done a really good job with Robinson
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 12, 2018, 12:24:31 AM
Reply #824

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They seem to have done a really good job with Robinson
Yeah, could be the start of a decent link up couldn't it

Simply simply lovely