October 20, 2019, 04:24:18 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 142922 times)

September 19, 2019, 03:42:45 PM
Reply #90

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Should do a mini salzburg / leipzig model imo.

Worked wonders for Chelsea as well with their relationship with vitesse.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2019, 05:18:23 AM
Reply #91

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think in terms of youth players breaking through and being prem league standard is down to 'producing' or its more important the actual finding. I mean if you look at chelsea now for example or man utds 'kids' was it something that they did in nurturing and developing those players or just a case of having the best scouting and the most attractive propositions for the best young talent. Id imagine it is the latter but I genuinely dont know how important the setup is for development.

Errr I think it's a mix of

Good scouting and identification (RBL)
Good catchment area (PSG)
Good 'use of the rules' shall we say (City, Us)
Good coaching throughout the age groups (Chelsea, City, RBL,)
Good pathways into first team football, here or elsewhere from as early as possible (Chelsea, RBL)

Probably lots more but for me the most important thing is coaching and pathways. The most talented player in the world for their age group will wilt if they aren't coached correctly, and if they don't get mens football (w good coaching at an appropriate level) as soon as possible.

Re Chelsea : they've not got many into the first team but they run it as a business, get them a pathway into first team togger on the continent or in the championship then sell. Arguably the best academy in the Premier league to be honest.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 23, 2019, 11:30:52 PM
Reply #92

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are we still playing players due to be released by the club?

No, they've been released and we're still playing them.

September 28, 2019, 05:16:20 AM
Reply #93

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

September 29, 2019, 04:20:26 PM
Reply #94

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We don't need to rush him into the first team, we just need to make sure there's a reasonable pathway to mens football, eventually leading to first team footy at Everton.

October 02, 2019, 04:17:40 AM
Reply #95

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tried watching it but was on baba duty and stuff an all.

Adeniran looked good again I think. Quite high on him on the sly. Markelo energetic but lacking a bit of quality at times.

Gordon didn't impress me as much as I was hoping. Obviously has ability but drifted in and out and didn't turn the screw, don't know how much of that is tactics or whatever. Reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley at 17/18 to be honest, but built more like dowell.

Simms...yeah, I'm not sure to be honest. Very 'raw' on the ball, but managed to bag another goal (that I missed tbh).

October 02, 2019, 04:36:09 AM
Reply #96

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Big Dennis is training with the first team apparently

I'll stand by my simms shout of getting nowhere near the first team

Yeah heard that before. Think he needs a loan myself, Dirty Den.