June 18, 2018, 09:15:07 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 72574 times)

March 06, 2018, 10:43:26 PM
Reply #990

Toffee1

when i've seen Henen earlier in the season,. he was pretty good, almost vital to the under 23 team... i think he was included in a Europa league squad due to his excellent for pre christmas.

Cheers @SANA_DR0 this was my first full U23 game and I was pleased to see the game and hopefully, players that will be our future. Have a heard a lot about Henen, but never seen him play.

As I posted earlier, I was impressed with Markelo and Beni and thought Davy and Funes played well.

March 07, 2018, 12:00:14 AM
Reply #991

SANA_DR0

Cheers @SANA_DR0 this was my first full U23 game and I was pleased to see the game and hopefully, players that will be our future. Have a heard a lot about Henen, but never seen him play.

As I posted earlier, I was impressed with Markelo and Beni and thought Davy and Funes played well.

I watched more under 23 at the start of the season... i watched the first half last night and a bit of the second.. but im drained from everton. the only thing that excites me now is the toxic home atmosphere.

and Niasse's smile.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 08, 2018, 10:25:37 PM
Reply #992

Everton Mint

ITK info re Under-18's:

Today, just 4 of the current U18 squad were given a Pro contract with Everton.

Dont know who they are yet, but there will be very many disappointed lads being released.

It's a tough world.

March 08, 2018, 10:34:12 PM
Reply #993

stirlingblue

ITK info re Under-18's:

Today, just 4 of the current U18 squad were given a Pro contract with Everton.

Dont know who they are yet, but there will be very many disappointed lads being released.

It's a tough world.

Is that retention rate normal? It seems low but I can’t tell without context

March 08, 2018, 10:37:33 PM
Reply #994

Everton Mint

Is that retention rate normal? It seems low but I can’t tell without context

It is low but I think fairly normal as there is only one team to go into (U-23's) and already 4 year-groups of players ahead of them already there. Plus any others that have been bought in...

March 08, 2018, 10:48:26 PM
Reply #995

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
U-18s my guesses

Mampala
Duke-McKenna
Baxter
Ouzounidis
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 08, 2018, 11:01:08 PM
Reply #996

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How old is hornby
Simply simply lovely

March 08, 2018, 11:09:42 PM
Reply #997

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How old is hornby

Shit there’s note pages here.. Alex Denny, Anthony Gordon and hornby are all 18s as well...

Doesn’t make sense this, these are supposed to be a good generation and are near the top of their league?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 09, 2018, 12:39:10 AM
Reply #998

kramer0

Not exactly on topic based on the previous few posts but I saw this a few weeks ago. It's not great, at least from my point-of view.

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/everton-youth-teams-now-more-direct,-less-sanitised

Some choice quotes:

“The sanitisation of Academy football – everything played on a lovely pitch, on the grass – (has changed), so that when they go to League Two on loan and don’t see the ball for 10 minutes and say, ‘What’s going on here?’ they are ready because that’s English football at the lower levels so we have to prepare them for that."

“But we’ve also got players upfront who have got to learn to win headers, who have got to learn to win flick-ons, like in the real world, so if we play out from the back all the time these centre-forwards aren’t getting that work."

It seems regressive to develop players so they'll be comfortable in League Two if they go on loan. And to think of flick-ons as the "real world." It's only a reality for crap teams in England. Nobody who's actually good plays that route one garbage.

I know he mentions playing out from the back and going direct but really, there's no point bothering with the latter. Our academy players are never going to reach the level we need them at if half of their development time is spent learning crap football.

March 09, 2018, 12:53:30 AM
Reply #999

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We’re clearly developing a team that could stand on its own two feet in prem.

In 1992

March 09, 2018, 01:31:24 AM
Reply #1000

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Not exactly on topic based on the previous few posts but I saw this a few weeks ago. It's not great, at least from my point-of view.

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/everton-youth-teams-now-more-direct,-less-sanitised

Some choice quotes:

It seems regressive to develop players so they'll be comfortable in League Two if they go on loan. And to think of flick-ons as the "real world." It's only a reality for crap teams in England. Nobody who's actually good plays that route one garbage.

I know he mentions playing out from the back and going direct but really, there's no point bothering with the latter. Our academy players are never going to reach the level we need them at if half of their development time is spent learning crap football.

Catch-22 though, isnt it.  English football is fucked for developing highest quality youth players, and the national team will always suffer for it.

Barring the wunderkids who are physically/technically able to go straight into the first team at 18, most will never develop to a higher level if no one will take them on loan because they're no good at playing lower league style football.  And they'll never develop just staying in an academy not playing real football.

The only hope you've really got is loaning them out abroad, but without an official link to another club then it'll be hard as theyve got their own players to develop as maybe players from better teams from that country already more suited to the style?

So other than 'B' teams in the lower divisions or parent clubs who take groups of kids en masse then its not going to work, and that won't happen because it'd mean losing more established teams from the league or small clubs losing their 'identities'(Which is an absolutely understandable issue for their fans to have).

Like I said, fucked.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 09, 2018, 02:22:10 AM
Reply #1001

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

March 09, 2018, 04:25:02 AM
Reply #1002

Gash

Global Moderator
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-defender-tyias-browning-miss-14385296

I read as far as Darron Gibson being injured (again) then couldn't be bothered with the Echo's adverts slowing my computer down to a stop.

March 09, 2018, 04:44:30 AM
Reply #1003

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I read as far as Darron Gibson being injured (again) then couldn't be bothered with the Echo's adverts slowing my computer down to a stop.
Browning out injured. Again.
Simply simply lovely

March 09, 2018, 07:38:09 PM
Reply #1004

van der Meyde

We need to get players ready for first team football.

If we're going to appoint managers like Koeman and Allardyce, then frankly this is an excellent approach...