November 28, 2020, 05:36:38 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 206188 times)

July 15, 2020, 05:59:31 AM
Reply #120

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Super talented but one of the most passive players you'll see.

I remember Riley flagging him the other year as a player who plays similar sorta of passes to KDB, and he's got technique out the yinyang.

But I think he'd be lynched for how passive he is. Makes iwobi look like Peter Reid.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 29, 2020, 03:03:55 PM
Reply #121

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours a certain academy gaffer is in the view for Wigan job.

Hope he does go and I hope he smashed the arse off it. A good blue and definitely has something he tries to instill in the younger generation, a bit of graft and battle. It's not entirely on him that we've failed to utilise the talents we've produced I don't think, but if we're going to modernise the club we probably do need to look at a different model below the first team.

I was a bit mean when he was interim manager. It wasn't his fault some of our fans are daft and the side are shite.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:25:37 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 30, 2020, 04:31:41 PM
Reply #122

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dowell joins Norwich, undisclosed fee.

August 16, 2020, 06:20:31 PM
Reply #123

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He looks a better bet than Kean at this moment in time. May sway a few decisions.

What an outlandish thing to say

August 17, 2020, 11:00:41 PM
Reply #124

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We could use Joe Williams now given how desperate we are for a single midfielder with any sort of positional discipline.

I always thought it was a bit lazy to let him go. He would have been a better, cheaper squad option than Schneiderlin.

He's nowhere near as good on the ball as Schneiderlin, but I would have had him playing a bit this year has we kept him I agree.

August 18, 2020, 05:55:06 AM
Reply #125

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would have taken that downgrade on the ball given how apathetic Schneiderlin was without it.

After the restart, we were literally crying out for anybody to help stop teams from playing right through the middle of us.

It's a bit mad that nobody at the club (besides maybe Gbamin, who we've barely seen) fits that bill.

That's fair. Was still a huge drop off from Snide to *nobody* like.

Maybe they thought Delph would be able to sit and screen better than he could. Or they thought Gomes could be a sort of mid 00's regista who defends space while Davies and gylfi chase.

Sad none of the younger lads could make the step up too. Markelo and Adeniran are both energetic CMs although not quite sitting i don't think. Beni must have regressed. Onyango is aba 17.

August 18, 2020, 02:54:32 PM
Reply #126

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Onyango's development is on track from what I've read, but still a few years away from regular senior football.

Really disappointed we haven't seen more of Beni though. Seems like years ago I was impressed with one or two appearances and he didn't look out of his depth, but where is he now?

Last I saw was a loan to Blackpool for next season.

August 18, 2020, 03:52:34 PM
Reply #127

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is when you remove context.

People don’t want us to spend a lot of money on Allan and Doucouré, but see Williams for what would be around £2m as a decent squad option.

Psht this guy doesn't want a 4 bedroom semi in Cheshire for a million pounds but is happy to sit there eating a meal deal from tesco?!

August 18, 2020, 04:12:18 PM
Reply #128

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What we don't want :

Old players jamming up the squad on big wages with big fees that will never be made back

What we need :

Cost effective signings that satisfy squad needs eg. Being a DM

What Doucoure is :

An older player who will be on big wages for 5 years bought for money we will never see again.

What Doucoure isn't :

A DM.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:14:13 PM by brap2 »

August 18, 2020, 06:52:08 PM
Reply #129

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ironically if they hadn't sold Iwobi they might not have needed Willian.

Similar skills, Willian better delivery from wide.

August 31, 2020, 04:51:13 AM
Reply #130

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

August 31, 2020, 05:43:32 AM
Reply #131

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What? Never even heard of him.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Me neither, why would ya? Played at U16 level at everton. I don't think I could name two U16s.

https://twitter.com/EnglishAbroad1/status/1239890570581028864?s=19

September 11, 2020, 10:35:49 PM
Reply #132

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure what to think.

As far as I was concerned, Waldron and Unsie were walking this summer with a new structure. The new structure seems to involve them both heavily.

Not much about the new man Perkins so far, I didn't even know he had been confirmed. Maybe I had forgotten.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-finalise-appointment-key-new-18146497.amp

September 29, 2020, 05:46:06 PM
Reply #133

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Shop window

Yeah I expect more out over the next few weeks, I'm sure perfect world the likes of Pennington would not be playing in the 23s.

November 08, 2020, 10:24:58 PM
Reply #134

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Young lad called Anthony Gordon got the assist for Onyango's after a quick break.

Looks talented, one for the future maybe?

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1325446094378176512?s=19