January 20, 2019, 08:24:46 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 103051 times)

April 10, 2018, 02:36:15 AM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

Was absolutely the wrong move for lookman you go on loan to get minutes. Been a wasted opportunity for him.

April 10, 2018, 03:00:50 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Only himself to blame. Silly sod.

Thereís ambition then thereís delusion. He should have gone and dominated the championship rather than not played for a quality side.

April 10, 2018, 03:46:13 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

Good on him for wanting to test himself in a foreign league at his age.

Not much he could've learnt in the championship that he doesn't already know.

They go on loan to get minutes. He needed to pick a side he'd have a bigger role for. It was pretty much tied on that wouldn't happen with this move.

April 10, 2018, 04:13:38 AM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

Heís got more league minutes for RB Leipzig this season than he has for us.

Heís been involved in 6 of the 8 league games theyíve had since he got there.

Granted but I'd rather have seen him playing a vital role at a championship club rather than stay here or be in Germany

May 31, 2018, 12:27:43 AM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

January 16, 2019, 03:03:30 AM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

The cynic in me says there's only one path to future stardom for these players and it's setting the world on fire from day one like Rooney.

My hope is that Brands has some ideas for how we can actually develop talented players when they don't hit the ground running or stumble somewhere else along the way (i.e almost every young player).

Surely a good move is to let the 1s who arenít quite good enough go quickly and cheaply with big sell on clauses and low buy backs. Let them settle elsewhere and get on with their careers with the insurance we can take our profit down the line if they make it

The situation with Pennington is very odd. He just signs contracts with little hope of doing anything here. We seem so desperate to preserve a players value that we are blind to the fact that sometimes they probably donít have 1