September 23, 2020, 12:57:00 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 193254 times)

July 24, 2020, 06:25:30 PM
Reply #30

Toddacelli

Onyango just showed up on the radar for me this last week - England U17 regular - just signed his first professional contract with us. Let's hope he does well!

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1738349/midfielder-onyango-signs-first-everton-pro-deal

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 18, 2020, 02:01:00 PM
Reply #31

Toddacelli

That's fair. Was still a huge drop off from Snide to *nobody* like.

Maybe they thought Delph would be able to sit and screen better than he could. Or they thought Gomes could be a sort of mid 00's regista who defends space while Davies and gylfi chase.

Sad none of the younger lads could make the step up too. Markelo and Adeniran are both energetic CMs although not quite sitting i don't think. Beni must have regressed. Onyango is aba 17.

Yeah Onyango's development is on track from what I've read, but still a few years away from regular senior football.

Really disappointed we haven't seen more of Beni though. Seems like years ago I was impressed with one or two appearances and he didn't look out of his depth, but where is he now?

August 18, 2020, 05:56:38 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

Willian used to be my favourite non-Everton player to watch before De Bruyne overtook him.