July 16, 2019, 05:42:14 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 131898 times)

May 09, 2019, 07:37:56 PM
Reply #1305

Makis

If you look at Academy graduates in the Premier League Manchester United is head and shoulders above anyone else and we don't even rank in the top ten:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-premier-leagues-most-successful-9671204

May 09, 2019, 07:44:53 PM
Reply #1306

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We have a plan, and that will become a lot more effective with Brands in charge.

Our plan is to integrate a way of playing from the under 9s right through to the first team, creating a clear pathway for players good enough to become members of the first team.

City and Chelsea just stockpile young players and sell them on for inflated fees with no intention of ever developing them.

That plan sounds great, but it isn't what actually has been happening at the club like.

If someone said to you : our plan is to hold players back so they are playing for years against other kids at the same level but younger and less physically developed than them, play kick and rush football that doesn't represent at all what the first team do in an effort to get results at this level before the players leave on frees to league 1 clubs, would you say that is a good strategy?

I'm made up for the u23s and I think there's some real talent there, but I guarantee there will be some changes coming to that department.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 09, 2019, 08:35:50 PM
Reply #1307

bluestevie

Great result from the U23s and great to see Kenwright, Moshiri, Brands and Silva all there, though Bill's appearance seems to have rubbed some up the wrong way judging from other sites
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 09, 2019, 09:03:51 PM
Reply #1308

Shogun

Administrator
Great result from the U23s and great to see Kenwright, Moshiri, Brands and Silva all there, though Bill's appearance seems to have rubbed some up the wrong way judging from other sites

Bill literally gave the fans money the other week and got stick,

People are bellends, they're entitled to be bellends and we're entitled to call them bellends.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:16:11 PM by Shogun »
I never claimed to be a saint

May 09, 2019, 09:21:35 PM
Reply #1309

Macca77

Where's my fiver Bill?

May 09, 2019, 10:02:25 PM
Reply #1310

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That plan sounds great, but it isn't what actually has been happening at the club like.

If someone said to you : our plan is to hold players back so they are playing for years against other kids at the same level but younger and less physically developed than them, play kick and rush football that doesn't represent at all what the first team do in an effort to get results at this level before the players leave on frees to league 1 clubs, would you say that is a good strategy?

I'm made up for the u23s and I think there's some real talent there, but I guarantee there will be some changes coming to that department.

That our plan is it yeah?

My mistake. Crack on fella.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 09, 2019, 11:19:09 PM
Reply #1311

gizzblue

Duplicate.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:19:28 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

May 09, 2019, 11:20:35 PM
Reply #1312

gizzblue

Funny really  last night watching both them teams play footy ...hardly any kick n rush between them (unjust descriptive )...and all the u23's  I've seen this year have been of comparable size weight and ability not really much difference between an 18-19-or 21 year old in reality (if your good enough your old enough and all that)...including the game last night .   
I would also welcome some changes to the youth set up if I'm honest we would all love 11Rooney types a year ...but it's never gonna be a prem player factory ....some should actually go and see the work these lads put in .. it's great to see them play for the shirt .
Born not made a blue .

May 09, 2019, 11:51:48 PM
Reply #1313

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That our plan is it yeah?

My mistake. Crack on fella.

Well that's what's happening whether you like it or not.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2019, 12:08:04 AM
Reply #1314

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well that's what's happening whether you like it or not.

Stop stating your opinions as matter of fact.

There’s obviously changes that brands will like to make and those changes are already afoot, but unsworth deserves a lot, lot more credit than you’re wanting to give him.

As I say, I haven’t watched them this season but the ‘hoofball’ stuff that you talk about surprises me as they didnt play that way when I used to watch them

Three players in DCL, Davies and Kenny who are first team regular.

I don’t think any changes made to the academy will change anything in terms of the amount of players that break through from the academy.

May 10, 2019, 12:50:47 AM
Reply #1315

KoemansNumberTens

Funny really  last night watching both them teams play footy ...hardly any kick n rush between them (unjust descriptive )...and all the u23's  I've seen this year have been of comparable size weight and ability not really much difference between an 18-19-or 21 year old in reality (if your good enough your old enough and all that)...including the game last night .   
I would also welcome some changes to the youth set up if I'm honest we would all love 11Rooney types a year ...but it's never gonna be a prem player factory ....some should actually go and see the work these lads put in .. it's great to see them play for the shirt .

The thing is though there’s not much value in playing 21-22 year olds whom we pretty much know won’t ever make it. We seem very reluctant to move some players on.

I’d sooner do less well and give them places in the team to younger players with potential still to make it

May 10, 2019, 12:52:17 AM
Reply #1316

KoemansNumberTens

Stop stating your opinions as matter of fact.

There’s obviously changes that brands will like to make and those changes are already afoot, but unsworth deserves a lot, lot more credit than you’re wanting to give him.

As I say, I haven’t watched them this season but the ‘hoofball’ stuff that you talk about surprises me as they didnt play that way when I used to watch them

Three players in DCL, Davies and Kenny who are first team regular.

I don’t think any changes made to the academy will change anything in terms of the amount of players that break through from the academy.

Only 1 of them 3 is a first team regular and he was bought and and will probably be replaced in the summer

May 10, 2019, 01:12:18 AM
Reply #1317

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Only 1 of them 3 is a first team regular and he was bought and and will probably be replaced in the summer

They’re all first team players.

May 10, 2019, 01:46:11 AM
Reply #1318

gizzblue

The thing is though there’s not much value in playing 21-22 year olds whom we pretty much know won’t ever make it. We seem very reluctant to move some players on.

I’d sooner do less well and give them places in the team to younger players with potential still to make it

But again if they were good enough they would be old enough ,be they 18 20 22 ot even 16 as we have all seen

Let's just jib it all off at and have one group of youngsters between 15 and 22 fuck all this nurturing shite... or if they're not good enough at 15 fuck them all off ..would that suit you perchance ?.
Born not made a blue .

May 10, 2019, 02:00:38 AM
Reply #1319

KoemansNumberTens

They’re all first team players.

True but I don’t think anyone would be amazed if all of them didn’t have a long term future in our first team. We’d all swap all 3 for a rashford or a TAA. We’ve developed 1 top 6 standard player in about 25 years (possibly longer) 
We do okay for decent players. We don’t do well for players a successful club could use. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations