July 14, 2020, 02:51:00 AM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 177384 times)

September 24, 2019, 05:59:47 AM
Reply #1380

bluestevie

'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

September 24, 2019, 12:53:17 PM
Reply #1381

GrantyBoy78

Why?
He picks a team to win, not to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 24, 2019, 01:57:28 PM
Reply #1382

Lxxx

Chelsea aren't a great example, they loan out about 25 young players a year, very few if any ever make it at the club. When Abramovich hired Frank Arnesen he was seen as the man to bring on the young players, something like 60m later not one academy player had turned out for the first team. Josh McEachren was the first player since John Terry about 10-12 years earlier to come through academy and he hasn't exactly gone on to great things.

It took Chelsea years to get a decent structure in place after their take over, it will quite probably take us the same.

I think Chelsea's model is decent, it's just not utilised correctly.

They produce good players, their loan system works well, they make a lot of money but the final piece of the jigsaw is the short termism of their managerial appointments. There is no incentive for managers to take a chance on young players when they know they'll be binned off if immediate results aren't forthcoming. They might have stumbled upon a way forward with Lampard and the current transfer ban but it remains to be see if they have any more patience once that washes through.

September 24, 2019, 11:34:26 PM
Reply #1383

kramer0

He picks a team to win, not to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

This. He tends to pick older players who should be out on loan (or released, in some cases) because he knows can win that way.

It stunts the development of those players AND our most talented U18s, who should be turning out regularly for the U23s because they'll learn more at that level.

September 28, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
Reply #1384

sam of the south

Evans and Simms on target

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 28, 2019, 05:16:20 AM
Reply #1385

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 28, 2019, 02:23:22 PM
Reply #1386

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 29, 2019, 06:10:08 AM
Reply #1387

gizzblue

Anthony Gordon taking the absolute Micheal

https://twitter.com/EvertonNewsFeed/status/1177703776511287296?s=19

Got everything this lad already ...needs a few games in the full squad .
Born not made a blue .

September 29, 2019, 04:11:31 PM
Reply #1388

Makis

He had much more time and space than the would in the PL. And what happens when he doesn't score a couple of goals  in his first few matches? Fans will start telling how he will never make it.

September 29, 2019, 04:20:26 PM
Reply #1389

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We don't need to rush him into the first team, we just need to make sure there's a reasonable pathway to mens football, eventually leading to first team footy at Everton.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2019, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #1390

Dr. Sponge

We don't need to rush him into the first team, we just need to make sure there's a reasonable pathway to mens football, eventually leading to first team footy at Everton.
Yeah he's cracked U23 level now, he needs a loan to a League 1 club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 02, 2019, 04:05:17 AM
Reply #1391

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Good win against Burton tonight

Means fuck all like but hey
Simply simply lovely

October 02, 2019, 04:17:40 AM
Reply #1392

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tried watching it but was on baba duty and stuff an all.

Adeniran looked good again I think. Quite high on him on the sly. Markelo energetic but lacking a bit of quality at times.

Gordon didn't impress me as much as I was hoping. Obviously has ability but drifted in and out and didn't turn the screw, don't know how much of that is tactics or whatever. Reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley at 17/18 to be honest, but built more like dowell.

Simms...yeah, I'm not sure to be honest. Very 'raw' on the ball, but managed to bag another goal (that I missed tbh).

October 02, 2019, 04:19:50 AM
Reply #1393

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Big Dennis is training with the first team apparently

I'll stand by my simms shout of getting nowhere near the first team
Tried watching it but was on baba duty and stuff an all.

Adeniran looked good again I think. Quite high on him on the sly. Markelo energetic but lacking a bit of quality at times.

Gordon didn't impress me as much as I was hoping. Obviously has ability but drifted in and out and didn't turn the screw, don't know how much of that is tactics or whatever. Reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley at 17/18 to be honest, but built more like dowell.

Simms...yeah, I'm not sure to be honest. Very 'raw' on the ball, but managed to bag another goal (that I missed tbh).
Simply simply lovely

October 02, 2019, 04:36:09 AM
Reply #1394

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Big Dennis is training with the first team apparently

I'll stand by my simms shout of getting nowhere near the first team

Yeah heard that before. Think he needs a loan myself, Dirty Den.