November 18, 2017, 03:19:30 AM

Author Topic: Blarg summed it up for me  (Read 9284 times)

December 02, 2010, 05:38:20 AM
Reply #105

nomorechang

RIP
If I win salesman of the year 5 years runing, I will no doubt gain a reputation of being the best there is. If, for the following years I do nothing in particular, then my performances have obviously not been of the same standard.

Moyes bought great players on the cheap ( as well as a few flops if we're honest).
He took us to Wembley.
He took us to Europe.

Basically, he brought Everton back up to the standards we expect, but for the past few seasons he has been taking us back to where we were before we hired him.

We can't allow Everton to have a slump like we had in the days before Moyes.

We have 2 choices. 1: Moyes raises his game and we remain competetive. 2: Moyes doesn't, we become mediocre, and he gets sacked.

We're not Moyes fans. We're Everton fans. We just happen to embrace all those associated with our club. There has to be a line drawn though on when the time comes to move on. Moyes is close to that line now.

Choice 3

Kenwright finally realises that the only way the club can now compete with teams we used to brush aside is to find a way he can supply funds ... As he has not got the cash himself then he sells the club for a reasonable amount , not the extortionate amount it's rumoured to be up for grabs for . Personally I don't think Moyes will even need the " silly money " that City/Utd/Chelsea have spent to put us back on track .

Incidentally if your car salesman after so many years is still being forced to sell the same product whilst his rivals have brand new shiney updated models in stock and yet he still outperforms some of them despite having to put all the blood sweat and tears in himself and his rivals showrooms are all updated with fantastic facilities and yet his boss' dogsbody makes a video to show the world that his showroom is falling down around his feet and his only answer is to try to build a new shed , miles out of town where nobody wants to go and is extremely difficult to get to , in fact its so badly planned and designed the government laughs at them and puts the blocks on it . Wouldn't you want to give him a medal , not hound him out ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

December 02, 2010, 06:31:03 AM
Reply #106

bloody scally

Kenwright finally realises that the only way the club can now compete with teams we used to brush aside is to find a way he can supply funds ... As he has not got the cash himself then he sells the club for a reasonable amount , not the extortionate amount it's rumoured to be up for grabs for .

:badum: