November 20, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

Author Topic: Blarg summed it up for me  (Read 9290 times)

November 28, 2010, 06:46:47 AM
Reply #15

Thomas

Blarg summed it all up well for me on another forum.

"David Moyes is making me fall out of love with Everton."

I know we're loitering by the trap door but I genuinely couldn't give a shit at the moment, he's drove me away.

My article sort of hints at this. Know exactly what you mean.

deCoubertin

November 28, 2010, 06:47:13 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sensing quim.
i wish i had that as my special power.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 28, 2010, 07:06:43 AM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

What? A match report?

November 28, 2010, 07:09:19 AM
Reply #19

Thomas

What? A match report?

Oops, wrong thread.

But whilst where at it, isn't trying to sign Beckham like Walter Smith signing Ginola?

November 28, 2010, 07:16:14 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

It'd make commercial and marketing sense, I don't think Ginola ever did.

Plus it'd get Arteta off corners.

November 28, 2010, 07:16:17 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
Oops, wrong thread.

But whilst where at it, isn't trying to sign Beckham like Walter Smith signing Ginola?

I think Beckham is ever so slightly better than Ginola was. Although they've both had some seriously bad hairdoos over the years.

November 28, 2010, 07:40:36 AM
Reply #22

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
At the end of the day we have the 7th best squad in the league, we are not 7th, we aren't 7th now.

Who's fault is that?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 28, 2010, 07:42:32 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
At the end of the day we have the 7th best squad in the league, we are not 7th, we aren't 7th now.

Who's fault is that?

Blarg's.  :hmph:

November 28, 2010, 08:06:13 AM
Reply #24

Thomas

I think Beckham is ever so slightly better than Ginola was. Although they've both had some seriously bad hairdoos over the years.

HAHA!

November 28, 2010, 08:25:08 AM
Reply #25

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

November 28, 2010, 09:02:28 AM
Reply #26

Ridge

I think Blarg likes Beckham too much.

November 28, 2010, 10:13:06 AM
Reply #27

fastseanbar

If I may put my point across...

I genuinely feel that we have reached the glass ceiling in tems of finances and resources available to us. Many people want Moyes out, but this man has had to deal with extremely compromising financial situations that other managers would walk out on. In my honest opinion, I feel that this has to rub off on the players. Say what you want, but a lack of ambition shown by the club would have detrimental effects on the majority of players, especially when you see rival teams strenghtening. There is only so long that " team spirit" and "brotherhood" can take you in the modern game, and Moyes has utilised it to the maximum.

I felt that the signs were there when we sold Lescott. It sent out the mesage that we are, to a degree, a selling club. Also it broke this false myth that the squad were brothers all in it together for the good fight.

I hope I am dead wrong on this, but the FA Cup Final felt like the peak of Moyes' Everton.

November 28, 2010, 10:35:32 AM
Reply #28

nomorechang

RIP

I genuinely feel that we have reached the glass ceiling in tems of finances and resources available to us. Many people want Moyes out, but this man has had to deal with extremely compromising financial situations that other managers would walk out on. In my honest opinion, I feel that this has to rub off on the players. Say what you want, but a lack of ambition shown by the club would have detrimental effects on the majority of players, especially when you see rival teams strenghtening. There is only so long that " team spirit" and "brotherhood" can take you in the modern game, and Moyes has utilised it to the maximum.

I felt that the signs were there when we sold Lescott. It sent out the mesage that we are, to a degree, a selling club. Also it broke this false myth that the squad were brothers all in it together for the good fight.

I hope I am dead wrong on this, but the FA Cup Final felt like the peak of Moyes' Everton.

You could be right .... In fact on reflection its closer to the truth than many of us realise , ...and I find that sad . As much as that performance pissed me off yesterday ,I still want Moyes to be succesful , He rescued us when we were dead on our feet when nobody expected him to , and for that he deserves our  respect .
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 28, 2010, 02:37:18 PM
Reply #29

adam b

This is spot on.
 January is a real worry for me,as the prospect of a mass exodus looms large - or am I paranoid. Either way, we will be without Cahill and most likely Pienaar as soon as January comes. The problem after 2009 was the same as after 2005 - we needed to bring in better quality, but we will never be able to under the current regime