November 18, 2017, 11:55:16 PM

Author Topic: Blarg summed it up for me  (Read 9288 times)

November 28, 2010, 03:13:08 PM
Reply #30

Derek

I'll always love Everton. Like any genuine relationship it goes through it's ups and it's downs. It's just a bit of an argument at the moment. We've had much bigger fallings out.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

deCoubertin

November 28, 2010, 03:24:46 PM
Reply #31

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Making me fall out of love with Everton?  Fickle much.  I attended games during Walter Smith and Mike Walker,s eras.  Anyone who thinks we are bad now has some short term memory loss or must have disappeared for long periods over the nineties!  Jamo makes a great point.  Our expectations are inflated by Moyes building us up and he will pay the price for that ultimately as we love to knock them down.

November 28, 2010, 03:26:21 PM
Reply #32

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Making me fall out of love with Everton?  Fickle much.  I attended games during Walter Smith and Mike Walker,s eras.  Anyone who thinks we are bad now has some short term memory loss or must have disappeared for long periods over the nineties!  Jamo makes a great point.  Our expectations are inflated by Moyes building us up and he will pay the price for that ultimately as we love to knock them down.
:thumbsup:

November 28, 2010, 03:40:14 PM
Reply #33

Tasslehoff

If I may put my point across...

I genuinely feel that we have reached the glass ceiling in tems of finances and resources available to us. Many people want Moyes out, but this man has had to deal with extremely compromising financial situations that other managers would walk out on. In my honest opinion, I feel that this has to rub off on the players. Say what you want, but a lack of ambition shown by the club would have detrimental effects on the majority of players, especially when you see rival teams strenghtening. There is only so long that " team spirit" and "brotherhood" can take you in the modern game, and Moyes has utilised it to the maximum.

I felt that the signs were there when we sold Lescott. It sent out the mesage that we are, to a degree, a selling club. Also it broke this false myth that the squad were brothers all in it together for the good fight.

I hope I am dead wrong on this, but the FA Cup Final felt like the peak of Moyes' Everton.

Great post, wish the more vocal minority would feel like this too..

November 28, 2010, 06:29:53 PM
Reply #34

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'll always love Everton. Like any genuine relationship it goes through it's ups and it's downs. It's just a bit of an argument at the moment. We've had much bigger fallings out.

This

And this

November 28, 2010, 06:35:12 PM
Reply #35

Fern

This!

Maybe Rimbo you just weren't old enough (or conscious enough) to know what it is like under Mike Walker and Walter Smith. Moyes is the one and only that has given us highs in recent years. Go away and think about it properly.

November 28, 2010, 06:58:03 PM
Reply #36

Connavar

But he's also brought terrible lows. Fast Lane's post is spot in. I've said a number of times that with the financial resources we have at the moment the FA Cup Final was as far as were going to get. Even though however I don't agree with Rimbo and other posters that Moyes should go, I understand their frustrations. Every season is the same. Why is it always a slow start? Why is it that we always have to take a tonking off a team? Why is it that were so unsuccessful without Neville in the team? Why are we so dependent on Cahill and playing 4-5-1? Mike Walker was a joke of a manager, but put him aside, how many times under less successful managers that Moyes have we been beaten and I mean well and truly beaten conceding 3, 4, 5 and maybe more goals? Since Moyes has been here I can think of at least one game per season when we've conceded these kinds of results. That's fucking embarrasing. Why does no one else have these problems? Moyes has been in charge nearly 9 years, the only managers who have been at the helm of EPL Clubs longer are Sir Alex and Wenger. How often have these teams conceded these kind of results? Even when SAF took over United who were probably in as bad a shape as we were when Moyes took over. I used to think that Moyes had a positive mentality, but over the years I know he doesn't. Sure he has turned attitudes around from when Smith was in charge happy to draw every game. The difference between us and other teams I feel is that we don't have a winning mentality in the team. Neville is the only one for me who has this, and it was probably engrained in him from his early days at United. Look at both United and Arsenal now, both have teams that, compared to previous teams they've had in the league, are pretty poor. But they're still pushing at the top of the league. I think given the time, Moyes will turn this season around. I think he has earned our trust. Given the money, I believe he can turn us into a consistent CL team as well. He still has a lot of learning as a manager though, and I think it's safe to say, he'll never be a Ferguson or a Wenger.

November 28, 2010, 06:59:39 PM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This thread should be in the Moyes out forum.

Oh, sorry, over at the SOS forum.

Shit forum that. One constant broken record.

November 29, 2010, 12:07:45 AM
Reply #38

Fern

But he's also brought terrible lows. Fast Lane's post is spot in. I've said a number of times that with the financial resources we have at the moment the FA Cup Final was as far as were going to get. Even though however I don't agree with Rimbo and other posters that Moyes should go, I understand their frustrations. Every season is the same. Why is it always a slow start? Why is it that we always have to take a tonking off a team? Why is it that were so unsuccessful without Neville in the team? Why are we so dependent on Cahill and playing 4-5-1? Mike Walker was a joke of a manager, but put him aside, how many times under less successful managers that Moyes have we been beaten and I mean well and truly beaten conceding 3, 4, 5 and maybe more goals? Since Moyes has been here I can think of at least one game per season when we've conceded these kinds of results. That's fucking embarrasing. Why does no one else have these problems? Moyes has been in charge nearly 9 years, the only managers who have been at the helm of EPL Clubs longer are Sir Alex and Wenger. How often have these teams conceded these kind of results? Even when SAF took over United who were probably in as bad a shape as we were when Moyes took over. I used to think that Moyes had a positive mentality, but over the years I know he doesn't. Sure he has turned attitudes around from when Smith was in charge happy to draw every game. The difference between us and other teams I feel is that we don't have a winning mentality in the team. Neville is the only one for me who has this, and it was probably engrained in him from his early days at United. Look at both United and Arsenal now, both have teams that, compared to previous teams they've had in the league, are pretty poor. But they're still pushing at the top of the league. I think given the time, Moyes will turn this season around. I think he has earned our trust. Given the money, I believe he can turn us into a consistent CL team as well. He still has a lot of learning as a manager though, and I think it's safe to say, he'll never be a Ferguson or a Wenger.

But that's just it  "given the money" as you say. But Moyes has never really had an ample amount to spend and especially to spend at the right times- which is key. Yes, he has a safety approach first but it has served u well in the recent past and because we don't have cash to spend on the attacking power we need.. Remember we came 5th twice which is a magnificent feat for a manager without real spending power. You cn't compare him to Wenger and Ferguson becuase they have had different environemnts at their repective clubs. It's too easy to say They would have done better at Everton than Moyes has, it doesn't work like that. All I can se is that we've made a coniderable amount of progress but we as supporters have to also learn, that it's too easy to change from an safety type side to a real postive one because we do not possess the "tools" or "weapons" to do so. Spurs can with pacey/quality players because the have Defoe, Lennon and Bale; Man Utd can with Rooney/Nani; Chelsea can with Kalou/Malouda; we cannot. Moyes has done the best he can with the equipment he has (so to speak).

November 29, 2010, 02:36:06 AM
Reply #39

Chazman

A relationship with Everton Football Club isn't a love affair,it is a marriage.You are joined for life.Through good and bad. Yes,yesterday  was shite,but we have seen worse.Remember Tranmere?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:57:31 AM by Chazman »
"I fuckin love this club"

November 29, 2010, 02:45:48 AM
Reply #40

Tinga

Another Moyes thread? one of the mods should just merge them.

November 29, 2010, 03:11:45 AM
Reply #41

nomorechang

RIP
I think the original poster wanted people to actually read it though
lolol lolol lolol
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 29, 2010, 03:14:23 AM
Reply #42

Chazman

Another Moyes thread? one of the mods should just merge them.

It isn't a "Moyes Out" thread though is it mate? It's about people finally having enough of where Everton are going and saying they are falling out of love with them.Fall out of love with Moyes....Easy....Fall out of love with Kenwright....easy peasy. Fall out of love with Everon Football Club? NEVER!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:18:20 AM by Chazman »
"I fuckin love this club"

November 29, 2010, 05:07:37 AM
Reply #43

Paul.

Blarg summed it all up well for me on another forum.

"David Moyes is making me fall out of love with Everton."

I know we're loitering by the trap door but I genuinely couldn't give a shit at the moment, he's drove me away.

Then Blarg needs a reality check. Moyes is not Everton. Everton have been going a whole lot longer than Moyes has been here and will still be going once Moyes is dead and buried. I'm quite sure a lot of people have felt a hatred for every single manager we have ever had. But there love for the club remains undiminished.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

November 29, 2010, 01:31:34 PM
Reply #44

nomorechang

RIP
Then Blarg needs a reality check. Moyes is not Everton. Everton have been going a whole lot longer than Moyes has been here and will still be going once Moyes is dead and buried. I'm quite sure a lot of people have felt a hatred for every single manager we have ever had. But there love for the club remains undiminished.

correct .... I have never heared so many sour negative and miserable lightweight fans as a certain section of ours ... What happened to the " Born not created " ethos ? Moyes has done more for this club than anyone over the last 10 years and some of you are deserting because of a blip? .... grow up  ??? ::) :o
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "