December 11, 2018, 02:41:09 PM

Author Topic: Blarg summed it up for me  (Read 10127 times)

December 01, 2010, 12:27:07 AM
Read 10127 times

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I will never not love Everton   :'(
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 01, 2010, 03:59:54 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I made a thread before the start of the season talking about how I don't know if our squad has the ability to perform with pressure and especially the pressure of expectation. i remember being shot down then. Fact is, our squad does not have the mental fortitude to succeed. The blame for that is both management and players.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,6389.0.html
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 02, 2010, 12:45:34 AM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's all very well saying "they earn millions why do they need their egos massaging" but it's just a fact of modern-day football

It's wrong but that's the way of the world and if you don't play the game you don't win

Moyes almost got it right with Ferguson, by making him captain, but then the captain wanted the voice of a captain and they fell out...

He is just too stubborn to work with these players and if he can't work with them he will always be putting teams out against them, and ultimately, they'll beat him.

There is definitely something happening behind the scenes for us to be doing this badly. Moyes is a wonderful manager but things are getting a little stale now. We need new blood. Man United always got new players etc while keeping the same manager. I can't see a squad overhaul. I can see a manager change though.

December 02, 2010, 12:56:06 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It'll have to be him who walks though ... Kenwright would never sack him , financially he's worth far too much to the club.. as long as he keeps pulling gems like Seamus out of the hat he's worth his weight in gold , we don't even know what Gueye is like yet but going on rumour he's another little diamond

Unearthing gems is one thing, but has that got more to do with our scouting network than the manager himself. Wouldn't he make more money for the club by winning a trophy or higher league placing, going further in European and cup competitions. I am also not denying what he has done here is amazing but his job ultimately is to get us into Europe and challenging for trophies. He is unfortunately not doing that.

December 02, 2010, 01:07:28 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Nearly £20m profit on Lescott is not a bad return , about 3x more than we earned for getting to the FA Cup final , Unfortunately the only managers who are winning trophies at the moment are SAF , whoever's in charge of Chelsea and Arry , the common denominator is a very large amount of money to spend on  squads that has already cost many millions to assemble

Besides Lescott, who have we sold? Vaughan is going to leave for under a million. How much on insurance, coaching, wages, medical bills etc have been pain on him and many others like him. Yes we have made some money in the transfer market but many managers can do that. We want to win things

December 02, 2010, 01:18:12 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Okay, look at this logically.

Arteta is playing shit. Why? Moyes pushed the boat out and got him to sign a new lucrative contract. Arteta has played for Moyes for 5 years. Why is Arteta suddenly playing shit? Is Moyes really to blame for the loss of one man's form? Do you seriously think the manager has suddenly changed his coaching methods this season?

Heitinga is playing shit. He has played shit for months. He has the unbelievably annoying habit of talking to papers in his own country and linking himself with a move away. He has done this 4 or 5 times in the last 12 months. He wants to play centre half. He's too small to play centre half. Plus he's right footed, and Moyes wants a left footer on the left of Jags. Seems a perfectly reasonable plan from Moyes to me. So Moyes plays him in midfield. Heitinga plays shit and has a titty lip. And this is Moyes fault? Moyes is only guilty of being loyal to the guy. How dare Moyes play the guy!

Louis Saha is playing shit. Moyes got him to sign a lucrative new contract in February. Saha has done f*** all since. In what universe is this possibly Moyes' fault, given that Moyes has been loyal to him?

Tim Howard has made several notable mistakes. Moyes has resisted the urge to drop him in favour of Mucha. Howard has repaid him with seemingly one costly error every 5 games.

Are there any more culprits I've left out?

If you'd read my post properly, you'd have noticed I wrote 'Sure, Moyes tactics are poor at times, as are his tactical changes.'

But why is Moyes to blame for the loss of form of the majority of the same players who, as you say, finished 5th and reached a Cup Final not too long ago? Unless you are privvy to what goes on in the dressing room and Finch Farm, on the surface, it is the players blatantly letting Moyes down, and not the other way around. If you honestly think Moyes doesn't take the situation we're in seriously, or that he isn't taking responsibility for the situation that we're in, then you don't seem to have learned anything from the many things we've learnt about Moyes over the past 8 years. Let's not demonise Moyes like certain people did with Royle in early 1997, eh?

What you forget to mention is that it is the managers job to drop players who are not performing for those who are. By your own admission he is playing players out of position(and expecting them to succeed) and playing out of form players just because they have been around for a long time or on big money contracts. Part of being a manager is making the tough decisions. Moyes is definitely not making them but hoping things fix themselves.