October 18, 2017, 12:48:54 PM

Author Topic: Leave Bill Kenwright alone.  (Read 6336 times)

December 14, 2009, 03:15:53 AM
Read 6336 times

sixymack

Looking at the shambles Liverpool and portsmouth are going through with their ownership and debt problems, why dont we count ourselves lucky that Kenwright cares about the club even though we def need some kind of investment.

Also what are Robert Earls and Sir Phillip Carters rolls at club, in other words who really runs the fuckin ship , is the chairman more powerful than the life president, whatever that means, can someone clear up my confusion cheers

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 03:19:17 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Having said all that, both Portsmouth and Liverpool have won cups in the past few seasons.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 14, 2009, 03:20:45 AM
Reply #2

Gumpinio

Plus I recall someone saying we had an unmanagble level of debt.

I'm going to miss Pienaar when we sell him  :headbang:
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 14, 2009, 03:23:07 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Plus I recall someone saying we had an unmanagble level of debt.

I'm going to miss Pienaar when we sell him  :headbang:

I think the words were something like, "worryingly high" but "manageable"

December 14, 2009, 03:25:23 AM
Reply #4

sixymack

also what is jon woods role at club, i have never heard of him, do we need wealthy directors or a wealthy owner, very confusing

December 14, 2009, 03:26:04 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think we'd get much from a Pienaar sale now. Not much time left on his contract.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 14, 2009, 03:34:02 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't think we'd get much from a Pienaar sale now. Not much time left on his contract.

I agree with that. I doubt we'd get much more than £10m for him. Nothing like the Brewster's we got for Lescott.

December 14, 2009, 03:43:41 AM
Reply #7

Gareth

Some say that Robert Green actually put the money up for them to help his mate Bill get rid of Paul Gregg completely.

It's a very tangled web being woven at board level at Everton...

You mean Philip green?

December 14, 2009, 04:03:53 AM
Reply #8

Chris

Administrator
Apparently Marcotti on the radio this afternoon called for Green to put money into Everton again?

December 14, 2009, 04:07:10 AM
Reply #9

thecadet

Why do people always point to other clubs failings when defending Kenwright? Their position and misfortune has no bearing whatsover on Everton and merely deflects criticism away from Bullshit Billy. We've had NTL, King's Dock, Fortress Fund and Kirkby to name but a few under this clown. He has emasculated the Shareholders AGM and told a sharholder that his question bored him and he wouldn't answer it. How on earth you can go on defending this clown is unbelieveable.
Fides Quaerens Intellectum

December 14, 2009, 04:16:34 AM
Reply #10

sixymack

thanks si for the info, it is very confusing to the average fan plus i didnt realise that fat rafa cunt squandered so much money, he deserves a new contract

December 14, 2009, 04:35:15 AM
Reply #11

benny

NSNO Subscriber
thanks si for the info, it is very confusing to the average fan plus i didnt realise that fat rafa cunt squandered so much money, he deserves a new contract
Lets hope they keep Rafa as he is giving us time to overtake them plus bringing the red shite down at the same time.

December 14, 2009, 04:50:23 AM
Reply #12

Flusky

If the shambles at Liverpool isn't created by their owners, why are they paying 38million in INTEREST on a loan to RBS every season.

If Liverpool don't qualify for the CL next year, they won't be able to cover their debt and RBS will foreclose. Being a publicly owned company, the Government would liquidate LFC before they let the taxpayer cover the wages of a football team.

So it really is, in the literal sense of the term, "Fourth or Bust"

December 14, 2009, 06:15:57 AM
Reply #13

Flusky

So having faith in their manager is the owners' fault?

As has been said though, their situation doesn't make Bill Kenwright a great chairman, it just means he's not been trusted to borrow as much money as they have been

They may have put their money - or credit rating - in the wrong manager, but at least they had some of either in the first place!  Imagine if they'd given that money to Moyes!

Edit : should the 'worst' happen, LFC will find a buyer within hours...despite "nobody wanting to buy football clubs these days"

It isn't just money for players. They mortgaged that club to pieces because they lied about having money for the stadium. A situation I fear we may find ourselves in if we are too hasty in replacing Kenwright.

December 14, 2009, 05:58:57 PM
Reply #14

ForzaItalia

I can't stand the man. The multitude of lies that have come out of his and Elstone's mouths over the past months have been shocking. Particularly over the events of the transfer window, where all the talk of backing Moyes, identifying targets and getting the players in early so we avoided the balls up of last year.

It was no surprise that we only splashed the cash once the Lescott money had come in. We didn't have a pot to piss in, despite what Elstone might have said.

The highlights for me was Elstone trying to convince us we had spent more than the money we had received for Joleon and Bill on SSN on transfer deadline day. Tools.

il Vesuvio e la terra che amo