December 13, 2017, 07:14:25 PM

Author Topic: How important is Pienaar ?  (Read 3578 times)

December 14, 2009, 03:15:58 AM
Read 3578 times

scottiedog_98

Does anyone have the stats for games won/lost when pienaar has been playing and when he has been injured? I think it would make interesting reading, surely its not a coincidence that since he as come back from injury we have played better football and are more of team, in turn giving us more confidence and picking up points that we surely would have lost ??

Thoughts

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 03:18:22 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He has been our top assist maker the past couple of seasons, so those stats should be quite high.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 14, 2009, 03:20:53 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
It's no coincidence that, Hull aside, we have been much better since he came back. The energy of the whole team has lifted by his work ethic.

December 14, 2009, 06:50:24 AM
Reply #3

Flusky

When full in form and fully fit, him Billy and Arteta would undoubtedly be fighting over two spots.

I say fully in form because although he has failed to impress much, a friend tells me Billy is world class when he is really on form.

December 14, 2009, 07:01:58 AM
Reply #4

blueblood1988

Vitally important if not as much as arteta, by the way how funny is this from the teamtalk.com forum......

LiverpoolFCTV (Liverpool fan)
Posted Today @ 20:15 View all LiverpoolFCTV's posts

Our season starts when we get rid of Gerrard and Carra. Gerrard has been back for 6 games and yet people are blaming his poor performances on his injury. He is crap! Get rid! As for Carra - its embarrasing that every time he gets the ball everyone shouts HOOF! Says it all really. Those 2 hamper any football the team attempts to play. We just lump it up front and hope Torres can knock it down for Gerrard to smash in. Any half decent side will be able to cope with that all day. Seems like our last decent performance was against Man U when significantly, Gerrard did not play.

December 14, 2009, 10:56:03 AM
Reply #5

ToffeeBlue83

Pienaar is vital, we struggled at the start of last season when he was injured.He just seems tokeep the ball realluy well and build attacks.

The day when him and Arteta are in the same side.........
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

December 14, 2009, 02:04:40 PM
Reply #6

fast lane

He has been our top assist maker the past couple of seasons, so those stats should be quite high.

He really is industrious, this should not be underestimated either.
But most of all he is creative.
Always looking for space and a free man.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 14, 2009, 09:02:57 PM
Reply #7

ToxtethBlue

Very important, he's our best wide player.

I'd rather see him on the left than the right though, we can't really afford to break up his partnership with Leighton Baines.
ToxtethBlue

December 14, 2009, 09:21:15 PM
Reply #8

top flight for a long time

Completely useless and we're better without him. Damn, the nose emoticon has gone.  :headbang:
We're forever Everton....

December 15, 2009, 02:42:30 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
When full in form and fully fit, him Billy and Arteta would undoubtedly be fighting over two spots.
I say fully in form because although he has failed to impress much, a friend tells me Billy is world class when he is really on form.

How's that? Billy and Peinnar, left and right and Arteta in the middle.

I'm also slightly confused, as you seem to start talking about Piennar, then go on about Billy.  :eh:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:44:24 AM by Gash »

December 15, 2009, 04:28:02 AM
Reply #10

toffee_scot

Pienaar is indeed a very important player, I hope we can keep hold of him.

December 15, 2009, 04:36:36 AM
Reply #11

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

It is absolutely essential we keep Pienaar. We would be by far a weaker side without him.

:'(

December 15, 2009, 07:15:13 PM
Reply #12

Midfield General

He's very important such an intelligent player and has the workrate that Moyes likes, needs to be offered a contract that puts him on parity with the other top earners at the club imo.  The problem is whether the board actually have the budget to be able to afford to pay him what he wants and deserves.

December 15, 2009, 07:24:58 PM
Reply #13

Flusky

How's that? Billy and Peinnar, left and right and Arteta in the middle.

I'm also slightly confused, as you seem to start talking about Piennar, then go on about Billy.  :eh:

Well I half expected someone to come back and say Billy wasn't comparable to Arteta or Pienaar.

And as for position, I believe Arteta will return on the wing again, since we now have several good central midfielders in Cahill, Fellaini, Neville, Rodwell, Heitinga etc.

December 15, 2009, 09:07:34 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Arteta must stay away from the wing. Don't you remember how innefectual he was there? He is twice the player in the centre and allows us to dominate games.

Pienaar and Bilya for the wings, Arteta and one of Fellaini or Neville in the middle.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin