November 21, 2017, 06:11:32 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Wigan  (Read 29624 times)

December 07, 2010, 05:22:14 PM
Read 29624 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We really have to beat Wigan, I would be incredibly fucked off if we don't beat them at home.

Howard

Neville      Jags       Distin         Baines

Fellaini

Coleman       Rodwell               Pienaar

Cahill

Beckford

3-1 to us Beckford, Cahill, Fellaini.  N'Zogbia for them.     

December 07, 2010, 05:30:23 PM
Reply #1

adam b

We really have to beat Wigan, I would be incredibly fucked off if we don't beat them at home.

Howard

Neville      Jags       Distin         Baines

Fellaini

Coleman       Rodwell               Pienaar

Cahill

Beckford

3-1 to us Beckford, Cahill, Fellaini.  N'Zogbia for them.     

Cant argue with that team at all. If Cahill and Beckford can build an understanding, we could score a few

December 07, 2010, 05:30:43 PM
Reply #2

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Why give them 1??

But yeah I can see your reasoning. Must beat them.
I'm hoping for a clean sheet though.

3 - 0 for me Cahill, Beckford and Rodwell.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

December 07, 2010, 05:48:48 PM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Why give them 1??

Because if West Brom can get 4 then Wigan can get 1.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 07, 2010, 05:48:50 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Why give them 1??

Accounting for our usual defensive howler!

December 07, 2010, 05:50:31 PM
Reply #5

montanatoffeefan

If we can't win this one...ah, I'd rather not think about it.

4-1. Two to Becks. One to Baines. And one to Cahill.

OG for them off an errant Bally header.
Everton forever.

December 07, 2010, 05:57:45 PM
Reply #6

blackwatch78efc

dont start with the high scoring win predictions, we aint done it any other week this season so lets just get back to winning and a clean sheet, 1 nil and i'm happy. Its another game where we can easily mess up, we've already done it at least 5 times this year so lets be cautious and not (like the players imo) too cocky. Afterall lets save some goals to stuff city.
"we've got this far, i suppose we might as well win it" Big Joe 1995

December 07, 2010, 06:43:17 PM
Reply #7

Alanvideo

Its about time we battered somebody . Like to see Beckford start and get  a couple of goals to boost his /our confidence. The shite have got an easy one ,managerless Newcastle away. :bonk: :headbang:
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 07, 2010, 07:01:07 PM
Reply #8

wigster

thats how we will start on sat unless we pic up any knocks. i fancy 3-0 the blues on sat, think they will come out like they finished on sat.
tony scores we riot

December 07, 2010, 07:10:01 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
dont start with the high scoring win predictions, we aint done it any other week this season so lets just get back to winning and a clean sheet, 1 nil and i'm happy. Its another game where we can easily mess up, we've already done it at least 5 times this year so lets be cautious and not (like the players imo) too cocky. Afterall lets save some goals to stuff city.

This.

I'm looking for a solid performance that is full of commitment and hard work.

Too often this season the team does appear to have gone out expecting that the "nearly there" perfomances were just down to bad luck and that it was bound to turn sooner or later and that when it did we'd be strolling to 5-0 victories.

The Newcastle and West Brom games tipified this. A lack of doing the basics properly led to 2 appalling results. This can't be allowed to happen again.

I'd imagine that the team will be the same except for maybe Victor in for Seamus and I'd expect the Yak to start.

There's been the clamour for Beckford, but I'm not sure, based on his early season appearances as a starter, that he's ready to lead the line. The general noise coming from EFC is that Moyes got it wrong by throwing him in too early. He's getting plenty of chances as the game is opening up so I'd imagine that that's how he'll be used for the time being.

He does need to improve on his play when he's got his back to goal and that's a crucial part of the early stages of the game. His confidence won't be helped if the crowd/team are getting annoyed if he's not holding the ball up well enough.

December 07, 2010, 07:14:38 PM
Reply #10

Tellittoyourking

3-0 (Hibbert 3)

December 07, 2010, 08:23:06 PM
Reply #11

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Id go with last weeks starting line up,beckford in for Saha as the only change. We really should win this game but does anyone else get the feeling it will be a 1-1 draw, us making a defensive howler for their goal?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 07, 2010, 08:25:43 PM
Reply #12

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That first line up isn't bad, but as mentioned we could well see Anichebe back in and perhaps Yak to start.

Lets not forget Yak was looking dangerous after a run of games before so he can get there again. That said, I wouldn't argue vociferously against Beckford starting as he does deserve another chance. He definitely has progressed since the start of the season (and I don't think that is just down to him being a sub, he has genuinely looked better in certain areas) but it may turn out his game is best suited to coming on in the second half but just not with 10 mins left, at least a solid half hour.

IF Osman is truly fit we may seem him in too, but I think Moyes will keep with Rodwell for a bit longer.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:04:51 PM by blueToffee »

December 07, 2010, 11:59:52 PM
Reply #13

DannyR

A win is a must.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 08, 2010, 01:25:46 AM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
fucking one nil would do me and i dont care who scores..... we have to win!

Simply simply lovely