November 19, 2017, 06:08:10 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Wigan  (Read 29581 times)

December 08, 2010, 11:32:52 PM
Reply #15

Derek

Win win win!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 09, 2010, 06:22:15 AM
Reply #16

johnj

Have put Beckford as captain in my FF team so confident am I that we will not mess up again this time and he will bag us a few! Hope springs eternal or is that too close to the truth.

December 09, 2010, 01:08:01 PM
Reply #17

montanatoffeefan

That first line up isn't bad, but as mentioned we could well see Anichebe back in and perhaps Yak to start.

Lets not forget Yak was looking dangerous after a run of games before so he can get there again. That said, I wouldn't argue vociferously against Beckford starting as he does deserve another chance. He definitely has progressed since the start of the season (and I don't think that is just down to him being a sub, he has genuinely looked better in certain areas) but it may turn out his game is best suited to coming on in the second half but just not with 10 mins left, at least a solid half hour.

IF Osman is truly fit we may seem him in too, but I think Moyes will keep with Rodwell for a bit longer.

True. Yak works well with Cahill, Pienaar and pretty much everyone else on attack. The more intricate passing game he fosters can tire defenders out over time. And then Beckford comes in.

I think part of the reason Becks has been so effective lately at getting scoring ops is that he's subbing on and changing the style of attack from what Yak or Saha have been up to earlier in the game. So he's coming on against tired defenders used to one thing (or half-a-thing from Saha) and working hard at another tact. And then good things happen for us. Or get to the brink of happening before Becks blazes a sitter over the bar.

When Beckford has started games, the results have been pretty underwhelming.

So start Yak. Save Becks for the last half hour. And give Victor a chance on the right, with Seamus replacing him in the last half-hour. And maybe Ossie in the middle instead of Rodwell.

Everton forever.

December 09, 2010, 05:09:02 PM
Reply #18

Thom

Administrator
An absolute must win game for us. Yakubu in for Saha as the only change, although I can see Moyes drafting in Osman too.

2-0 to us. Cahill and Fellaini.

December 09, 2010, 05:12:51 PM
Reply #19

Danny

At least they don't have Scharner anymore  :)

December 09, 2010, 06:42:25 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i would very much like us to make the goal points.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 09, 2010, 10:52:43 PM
Reply #21

nomorechang

RIP
At the moment any win will do me , just to get us back on track but I'm confident of 3 points .... just not confident of being there .... bloody bad cold and my throat feels like its on fire .... but I've been worse :)
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 09, 2010, 10:54:16 PM
Reply #22

evertonjoe

Gonna be a 2-1 victory me thinks but would love us to give them a right tonking as it's the first time I'll have been to Goodison for two months.

R.A.P Music

December 10, 2010, 02:50:10 PM
Reply #23

Bluenosebolt

I was just looking at the echo and the top story was Saha ?? He was hoping that he can break his duck and score against Wigan ?? I was under the impression that he was injured...
I was really hoping Becks would get a start this weekend, It doesnt sound like it at the mo :(
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

December 10, 2010, 09:33:40 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

December 10, 2010, 11:39:42 PM
Reply #25

Alanvideo

Would like to see Beckford play the full 90 mins. against , statistically , the poorest defence in the premiership.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 10, 2010, 11:47:41 PM
Reply #26

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Osman in for Pienaar if injured I would presume. I really hope Saha's recent comments don't mean he has been given the vote of confidence up front.

December 11, 2010, 01:40:36 AM
Reply #27

wigster

take the game to wigan from the off hey instead of waiting for something to happen.
tony scores we riot

December 11, 2010, 04:19:37 AM
Reply #28

nomorechang

RIP
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/12/10/heitinga-pienaar-doubts-for-blues

No mention of Saha being doubtful or not.....

Steven Schillo Pienaar
Home relaxing and hoping to be fit for tomorrow´s home game vs. Wigan

from his facebook page
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 11, 2010, 05:58:13 AM
Reply #29

the doc

We HAVE to win this game, if we lose we could be bottom 3 come Monday! I'm going for a 2-0 win Cahill and Beckford