October 21, 2019, 04:41:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Wigan  (Read 41355 times)

December 07, 2010, 05:50:31 PM
Read 41355 times

montanatoffeefan

If we can't win this one...ah, I'd rather not think about it.

4-1. Two to Becks. One to Baines. And one to Cahill.

OG for them off an errant Bally header.
Everton forever.

December 09, 2010, 01:08:01 PM
Reply #1

montanatoffeefan

That first line up isn't bad, but as mentioned we could well see Anichebe back in and perhaps Yak to start.

Lets not forget Yak was looking dangerous after a run of games before so he can get there again. That said, I wouldn't argue vociferously against Beckford starting as he does deserve another chance. He definitely has progressed since the start of the season (and I don't think that is just down to him being a sub, he has genuinely looked better in certain areas) but it may turn out his game is best suited to coming on in the second half but just not with 10 mins left, at least a solid half hour.

IF Osman is truly fit we may seem him in too, but I think Moyes will keep with Rodwell for a bit longer.

True. Yak works well with Cahill, Pienaar and pretty much everyone else on attack. The more intricate passing game he fosters can tire defenders out over time. And then Beckford comes in.

I think part of the reason Becks has been so effective lately at getting scoring ops is that he's subbing on and changing the style of attack from what Yak or Saha have been up to earlier in the game. So he's coming on against tired defenders used to one thing (or half-a-thing from Saha) and working hard at another tact. And then good things happen for us. Or get to the brink of happening before Becks blazes a sitter over the bar.

When Beckford has started games, the results have been pretty underwhelming.

So start Yak. Save Becks for the last half hour. And give Victor a chance on the right, with Seamus replacing him in the last half-hour. And maybe Ossie in the middle instead of Rodwell.

Everton forever.

December 11, 2010, 07:46:24 PM
Reply #2

montanatoffeefan

:D Triple Riot!

Get Charles and Camille to pop into the game and make it a quadruple.
Everton forever.

December 11, 2010, 11:10:40 PM
Reply #3

montanatoffeefan

The referees had the look of lads who would have an impact on the game today. And the cheeky incompetent wankers sure as hell did. But I guess that's more than you can say for Saha most weeks.

God, that was frustrating. Even more so than usual this season. I may have to lay off watching Everton for awhile to avoid having a stroke.
Everton forever.

December 12, 2010, 11:56:22 AM
Reply #4

montanatoffeefan

I'm quite happy to be disagreed with, in fact I enjoy a decent debate.  I do take issue with people who contribute nothing other than inane moaning when we're having a shitty time though, and that's where we fall out.

Actually, whilst I'm on about my own personal grievances I'd just like to express my annoyance at people who bleat about "having an opinion" whenever they're challenged about their views.  Osama bin Laden has an opinion too.

Yeah, but Bin Laden is always going on about how we should bring in Joey Barton and replace Moyes with Gary Megson. So I think most people have stopped paying attention to him.
Everton forever.