August 24, 2019, 02:06:43 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Wigan  (Read 39190 times)

December 07, 2010, 08:25:43 PM
Read 39190 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That first line up isn't bad, but as mentioned we could well see Anichebe back in and perhaps Yak to start.

Lets not forget Yak was looking dangerous after a run of games before so he can get there again. That said, I wouldn't argue vociferously against Beckford starting as he does deserve another chance. He definitely has progressed since the start of the season (and I don't think that is just down to him being a sub, he has genuinely looked better in certain areas) but it may turn out his game is best suited to coming on in the second half but just not with 10 mins left, at least a solid half hour.

IF Osman is truly fit we may seem him in too, but I think Moyes will keep with Rodwell for a bit longer.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:04:51 PM by blueToffee »

December 11, 2010, 08:14:48 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't like the decision but Moyes is clearly and desperately trying tom get Saha off the mark.

December 11, 2010, 08:32:41 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
From optajoe on twitter : 30 - Louis Saha has had more shots without finding the net than any other player in the PL this season

Ha! And a little frightening.

All I can think is Yak is to be sold in January, I've no comprehension of this decision otherwise.

December 11, 2010, 09:43:55 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder who will get red carded first? I can't see this ending 11v11.

December 11, 2010, 09:49:08 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Seriously, are we trying have everyone touch the ball before we can shoot? Ridiculous.

Saha off please.

December 11, 2010, 09:56:43 PM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
saha and coleman off.... both offering fuck all

I disagree on Coleman. Not that he has done much but he is getting very little service, everything as usual is fed down our left.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Anichebe or even Osman though.

December 11, 2010, 11:09:06 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's going to be a long season if we can't score.

I don't know what to say after that result.

Congrats to Howard for a much better game, hopefully he got some confidence back.

It was noticeable how much more Coleman got into the game as Pienaar dropped out of it.

As for Moyes, where to from here? Surely, surely he can't keep going with Saha. And if Yak isn't getting a look in I can only assume he like Pienaar and Anichebe is on the out. Speaking of Anichebe he did a couple of things well but not a dramatic impact that you'd hope from someone trying to earn more than 30k a week or whatever it might be. I'm getting even more worried about January though and Cahill being out.

Overall it seems the same problem we've had for for ages, we can't score against teams that come to defend. Maybe we'll get better luck against Man City.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:10:49 PM by blueToffee »