November 20, 2017, 05:31:53 PM

Author Topic: Man City vs Everton  (Read 34940 times)

December 12, 2010, 08:20:10 PM
Read 34940 times

evertonjoe

This game is a big one and despite our generally poor form I think we can get some sort of result out of it.

The last two matches whilst not yielding wins have shown a progression from having shit loads of the ball and not making chances to actually controlling games making loads of chances and being desperately unlucky not to score more. Obviously, our strikers aren't doing their job in that we are missing so many chances but we are at least looking a bit more creative and hopefully at some point a header will go in off the post rather than bounce out.

We have great form against City over the last few seasons and I think if Cahill and Fellaini do the business next Monday we can probably come away with another victory.

I expect to see this team:

Howard

Neville Distin Jagielka Baines

Coleman Rodwell Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

Man City 0:1 Everton
                   Cahill
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:25:32 PM by evertonjoe »

R.A.P Music

December 12, 2010, 08:26:15 PM
Reply #1

DannyR

I expect Saha to be shot.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 12, 2010, 09:06:27 PM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
City 2 - 1 Everton

We'll coem away with some pride but the way we're playing I wouldn't give us a chance in hell of beating title contenders.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 12, 2010, 09:22:08 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Same side although I hate the fact that Saha seems a shoe in no matter what.  I think we can get something out of this too but it is going to take a midfielder to step up imo or a scrappy 1-0.

December 12, 2010, 09:23:09 PM
Reply #4

nomorechang

RIP
City 2 - 1 Everton

We'll coem away with some pride but the way we're playing I wouldn't give us a chance in hell of beating title contenders.

According to most , Chelsea were going toput 6 past us and we were unlucky not to win despite gifting them a goal.... don't write us off , I'm going and expect us to win
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 12, 2010, 09:28:45 PM
Reply #5

ToxtethBlue

-------------------------------Howard

Neville----------Jagielka----------Distin----------Baines

Coleman-------Felllaini---------Osman----------Pienaar

-------------------------------Rodwell-----------------------------

--------------------------------Cahill--------------------------------

I'd seriously go like that, Moyes obviously doesn't see Yakubu and Beckford as starters, and starting Saha week in week out is just getting ridiculous now. We may aswell throw Cahill uptop and give Rodwell a free role, Osman's composure and creativity wouldn't be a bad thing in the middle, either.
ToxtethBlue

December 12, 2010, 09:29:30 PM
Reply #6

Derek

Can see us getting a win.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 12, 2010, 09:30:55 PM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
According to most , Chelsea were going toput 6 past us and we were unlucky not to win despite gifting them a goal.... don't write us off , I'm going and expect us to win

Chelsea have been quite out of form, City are the opposite.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 12, 2010, 09:31:37 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
-------------------------------Howard

Neville----------Jagielka----------Distin----------Baines

Coleman-------Felllaini---------Osman----------Pienaar

-------------------------------Rodwell-----------------------------

--------------------------------Cahill--------------------------------

I'd seriously go like that, Moyes obviously doesn't see Yakubu and Beckford as starters, and starting Saha week in week out is just getting ridiculous now. We may aswell throw Cahill uptop and give Rodwell a free role, Osman's composure and creativity wouldn't be a bad thing in the middle, either.

I actually like that side but I think it would basically be the end of Saha and Yakubu if they are fit and he plays that.

December 12, 2010, 10:41:54 PM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Rodwell cannot play every position on the pitch. Everytime there is a spot we're having trouble filling Rodwell seems to get stuck in. I have to wonder sometimes what are people seeing in him that I am not? He is a prospect and plays like one at the moment. He's done ok in midfield but hardly setting us alight with creative passing (something we need from whoever fills that position IMO). It's only that Arteta has set the bar so low of late that it's not as noticeable.

I'd still be playing Yak with Cahill, but if we're looking to play Cahill as the loan striker it really might be worth trying Billy in his natural position.

December 12, 2010, 10:53:23 PM
Reply #10

nomorechang

RIP
Chelsea have been quite out of form, City are the opposite.

I agree , still didn't stop our wonderful fans predicting that we'd get 6 knocked past us ... I wish I had their foresight , I'd be bankrupt by now
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 12, 2010, 10:56:30 PM
Reply #11

nomorechang

RIP
I agree , still didn't stop our wonderful fans predicting that we'd get 6 knocked past us ... I wish I had their foresight , I'd be bankrupt by now .. It may have escaped your notice but I don't really take much notice of our ' superfans '  their patience , foresight and acutely analytical brains are too much for me
Alan Ball

December 13, 2010, 12:51:20 AM
Reply #12

ToxtethBlue

Rodwell cannot play every position on the pitch. Everytime there is a spot we're having trouble filling Rodwell seems to get stuck in. I have to wonder sometimes what are people seeing in him that I am not? He is a prospect and plays like one at the moment. He's done ok in midfield but hardly setting us alight with creative passing (something we need from whoever fills that position IMO). It's only that Arteta has set the bar so low of late that it's not as noticeable.

I'd still be playing Yak with Cahill, but if we're looking to play Cahill as the loan striker it really might be worth trying Billy in his natural position.

I don't see the problem to be honest, it's not like you are playing him at fullback or centre back, he's simply playing as a 5th midfielder, in a more attacking role, with less defensive responsbility. He's played there before, and Moyes has said that's the best position for him at present. I'm not denying that he's far from the finished article, everyone knows that, but you only have to look at the positions he gets into and his willingness to shoot with either foot from outside the box.

I'd also like to see Yakubu and Cahill back together, but Moyes seems very reluctant and Rodwell behind Cahill would be more effective than Saha and Cahill.
ToxtethBlue

December 13, 2010, 01:24:31 AM
Reply #13

plumber

I wonder who created the fairy-tale that Billy is a central midfielder. Now his natural position seems to be on the bench, but before that he has always played wide. For us, for the national team and for Loko.

Rodwell as ACM is not a bad idea at all, it looks that it suits him best at the moment. I think we'll see him there when Cahill goes Asia.

December 13, 2010, 02:39:05 AM
Reply #14

Fellainis Hairdresser

we seem to perform better away from home against big teams so i cant see us getting beat

scrape a 1-0
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!