November 18, 2017, 01:42:56 AM

Author Topic: 06 - John Heitinga  (Read 2356 times)

December 15, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
Read 2356 times

fast lane

O6 is an item in the Dutch sports weekly NU Sport, where they call a sportsman/woman, and ask them a few questions.
All Dutch mobile phone numbers start with 06, hence the title.

You're in the Netherlands?

I'm convalescing a week in Zeist (home of Dutch FA) from some problems with my knee.
I'm going from one minor injury to the next this season, this way I can't build any rhythm, and I'm running the risk of getting a serious injury.
I want to become important again for Everton.

When you play it is as a defensive midfielder.

That is not my best position, but the manager needs me there.
I hope to play in central defence again shortly because I don't want to be rated by what I'm showing in midfield at the moment.

The interest Bayern München are showing is becoming stubborn.

I get called a lot about it.

But not by a German?

They call too, but they're mainly journalists, and not Bayern. So what can I say?
Bayern is a marvellous club, but I'm still happy at Everton.
I think it's class that they have given me the freedom to convalesce over here.
Hopefully I can play again against Manchester City next monday.
We need to get points as we are too low in the table.
But it went the same way last season. I'm still positive

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

deCoubertin

December 15, 2010, 03:02:38 PM
Reply #1

bloody scally

Hmm... Mixed messages. Hopefully we were all a bit too quick to judge.

December 15, 2010, 03:15:29 PM
Reply #2

montanatoffeefan

Cheers, mate. Interesting interview.
Everton forever.

December 15, 2010, 04:32:27 PM
Reply #3

fast lane

Hmm... Mixed messages. Hopefully we were all a bit too quick to judge.

That's what I think judging by a lot of posts on here.
Last year he was more than Superman on here, the flattery was completely over the top.
This season he's treated like a judas.
And all he has done is truthfully answer questions put before him.
Yes he is happy at Everton, but should a Champions League club (Bayern M.) come for him, then he would be interested.
Which player with any ambition wouldn't be?

He's a professional, the main thing on his mind (as is Steven Pienaar's) is getting our club up the table where it belongs.
We hear that the dressing room spirit is not so good, winning games may well solve that.

He's a newly wed, he get's on well with Dirk Kuyt, and his brother-in-law Boudewijn Zenden (his wife's brother) is also in the country, there's no real reason for him to want to leave, unless he get's a better offer.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:07:49 PM by fast lane »
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 15, 2010, 04:37:13 PM
Reply #4

evertonjoe

Last year he was more than Superman on here, the flattery was completely over the top.
And all he has done is truthfully answer questions put before him.
Yes he is happy at Everton, but should a Champions League club (Bayern M.) come for him, then he would be interested.
Which player with any ambition wouldn't be?

He's a professional, the main thing on his mind (as is Steven Pienaar's) is getting our club up the table where it belongs.
We hear that the dressing room spirit is not so good, winning games may well sove that.

He's a newly wed, he get's on well with Dirk Kuyt, and his brother-in-law Boudwijn Zenden (his wife's brother) is also in the country, there's no real reason for him to want to leave, unless he get's a better offer.

I think most people wouldn't have had that much of a problem with his comments if he hadn't been sub-par in a lot of games he's played this season. Also the fact that we could do with new signings has led to a lot of people viewing him as a our most saleable asset.

R.A.P Music

December 15, 2010, 04:48:09 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think a lot of it is what Heitinga says himself.  He is being played at DM and isn't happy there.  It is hard to get behind a player putting in mediocre performances.  Ideally I would love for him to play in central defence and show how good he can be.  However, I doubt Moyes is willing to give him that chance unless someone else gets injured.  That is why there are talks of transfer.

December 15, 2010, 04:55:39 PM
Reply #6

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
You've also got to listen to the likes of Wenger who have stated that players who have performed in the summer at World cups dont seem to hit form until around December time

December 15, 2010, 05:04:45 PM
Reply #7

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
that's the nsno way isn't it ???  would like to see him partner Distan in the near future ... probably he won't and with the big man back that could end his stay at Everton....  nice bloke according to the interview

December 15, 2010, 07:51:45 PM
Reply #8

Father Mcnulty

Some on this forum (and others) need to concentrate on pitch performances and give the media a wide berth. They create scandal to sell their product. Ignore them.

December 15, 2010, 09:20:34 PM
Reply #9

Ong-Timus Prime

Thanks FL - good insight there
if you know yer history...

December 15, 2010, 09:25:40 PM
Reply #10

plumber

Interview for the Dutch media, away from Everton and no bullshit...
Maybe the lad has some brain and realised how a pro should behave.

December 15, 2010, 11:50:03 PM
Reply #11

Derek

Reads quite well, does that. Problem is I dunno where we can fit him in. Fellaini does the midfield job much, much better. We can't drop Distin, who's been excellent, and so that only leaves Jags.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 17, 2010, 08:53:43 PM
Reply #12

Les Trebilcock

Don't you realise what a priviledged position you have you Inglourious B'stard -- you play where you're told -- if you have problems with that -- do one.

You can take that to the bank.

December 17, 2010, 09:22:00 PM
Reply #13

montanatoffeefan

He's a newly wed, he get's on well with Dirk Kuyt, and his brother-in-law Boudewijn Zenden (his wife's brother) is also in the country, there's no real reason for him to want to leave...

Well, other than to get away from having to look up close at Dirk Kuyt.
Everton forever.