November 21, 2017, 03:13:08 AM

Author Topic: "PEANUT NEWS" Hot off the Press in South Africa  (Read 8120 times)

December 22, 2010, 12:50:31 PM
Read 8120 times

ZIGGY

The hot news is further down the page , but before getting there ,a bit of background to qualify my love for the toffees and surerity  that I am not leading you guys on ,since we as fans have received pingpong stories about peanut for the past year ,not knowing what is true and what is media hype!!Leaving us with a lot of uncertainty of who to believe and playing with our toffee feelings, especially when the individual concerned is contributing positively to the team.

I am a South African living in Johannesburg ,on Monday before the EPL games , Supersport  which is the PPV service here in S A, airs a show called Monday Night Football ,it is hosted by sports journalists ,and the  resident guests are Terry Paine(the saint) ,Gary Bailey and Shaun Bartlett to name a few .

On Monday before the City game, the show aired as usual and the first guest caller they get on line was none other than Rob Moore, the agent of Peanut and a certain Bennie McCarthy. Rob confirmed that he is on holiday here in Cape Town since he is based in Barcelona.
Then the first question by Peter Davies “boom” , Rob for everyone’s sake please clarify what is going on with Steven Pienaars future as we are hearing a lot of stories in the press that he is on his way to Spurs, he is in talks with various other clubs, and so on, will he stay ,is on his way out?

His response was that all the media speculation is not true, to start with he can only talk to other overseas clubs in January, he can only talk to other Premiership clubs at the end of the season (this was news to me) so he is not about to jeopardize his agent license, further more he said that Steven is in love with Everton and has a really special bond with the manager and the fans which he is crazy about. He then went on to say that he is keeping his options open and him staying at Everton is highly possible, he said the key factor in his decision would be is that he will be 29 soon and he will have to ask himself, “am I at a club that has the possibility of winning something” that could well be the possibility at Everton come the end of the season if the squad is improved and he feels the team is strong enough to win a cup. He then went on to say that there are only certain teams he can go to, and that he is not the type of player that is going to be wanted by the likes of Barca, Real and the Milan teams, he will be probably be sought by the lesser champions league teams in Europe, that is the reality of stock which he is honest about. He then ended the topic on Steven by saying again that “come the end of the season, if Steven has seen enough evidence that Everton can present a serious challenge for a cup, he will stay”

I must be honest guys , I got the impression from the sighs in his voice and the tone in which he was speaking that he wishes Steven would have made a bit more waves that he wanted a big move and give a come and get me signal to other clubs. He did not show any enthusiasm in his voice when talking about the possibility of him staying at Everton, if you know what I mean; it’s he like sounded disappointed.

That’s it guys , make what you think of it, but as I am a fan just like you, I can assure you that this stuff is from the horse’s mouth, no middle man or  Liverpool fan journalist, n o t w , the sun , etc.. ….

deCoubertin

December 22, 2010, 01:07:34 PM
Reply #1

montanatoffeefan

Cheers, mate. Thanks for the report -- especially the stuff about the agent's vocal intonations and sighs. That's the kind of thing that doesn't come across in your average print report, but tells you as much about what's going on as the actual words spoken.

Everton forever.

December 22, 2010, 01:13:20 PM
Reply #2

chang

It's cat and mouse - simple as.

Things not gone to plan I.E. big clubs not interested, others giggling at wage demands. All this "want to win something" is lip-service, a smokescreen.

Where ever SP or 99% of other footballers can get the most money is where they sign.

Mercenary, but IMO, perfectly understandable.

December 22, 2010, 01:15:52 PM
Reply #3

huck

Cheers Zig!

Pretty much confirms what I have been thinking for a while now. It would be nice if he signed a new contract even with the intention of leaving. So the club could get a potentially bigger pay day for him. But then teams might not want to pay for him. So it is all understandable.

Fuck this club needs money!
Le Berry

December 22, 2010, 01:16:23 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah cheers Ziggy.

Talking in sighs is the natural reaction when speaking about anything linked to whether Everton can improve the squad!

December 22, 2010, 01:26:33 PM
Reply #5

nomorechang

RIP
It's cat and mouse - simple as.

Things not gone to plan I.E. big clubs not interested, others giggling at wage demands. All this "want to win something" is lip-service, a smokescreen.

Where ever SP or 99% of other footballers can get the most money is where they sign.

Mercenary, but IMO, perfectly understandable.

You're probably right but Pienaar himself has praised Moyes on more than one occasion and he's never shirked his responsibilities on the pitch for us ... another thing to consider is his temperament He loved it at Ajax but moved to Dortmund for the cash , he was not accepted there by the fans or his team mates and his game suffered which is why we got him so cheap . By his own admission he's never played better since he's been here so is it unreasonable for him to weigh up his options and be reluctant to leave us for the risk of going back to the Dortmund scenario ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 22, 2010, 03:38:57 PM
Reply #6

GWS

I thought Pienaar's agent was Ivan Modia? He's the one who's been doing all the negotiations so far.

December 22, 2010, 04:01:00 PM
Reply #7

nomorechang

RIP
I thought Pienaar's agent was Ivan Modia? He's the one who's been doing all the negotiations so far.

Modia is his Agent .. Rob Moore is his " business manager "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302083/Mikel-Artetas-new-deal-pushing-Steven-Pienaar-Everton-exit.html

"" 'It is great news for the club that they have secured Arteta for the next five years, and it shows that they are able to move quickly when they want to,' Pienaar's business manager Rob Moore told KickOff.com.

'But in the case of Pienaar it is surprising that he is the player with the least amount of time remaining on his contract, yet the last to be tied up with a new deal.

'You have to ask yourself, "Does this mean Everton actually want to sell him"?

'But there is nothing we can do about it. Obviously if he does not sign a new deal before the end of the transfer window on August 31 then the chances of him doing so are greatly reduced because he will be in the last year of his current deal and able to start negotiating with other clubs in January. He would be a very attractive proposition for them on a free at the end of the season.
'But the player has never said that he wants to leave and he is not the kind of person who goes knocking on the manager's door halfway through a contract demanding more money and revised terms. That is why it is frustrating that it is taking so long to sort it out now.'

This is from an 11th August article

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:02:51 PM by nomorechang »
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 22, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
Reply #8

aylesbury blue

I know 2 million isn't a lot of money but can a club in our financial state afford to lose the 2 million if he decides to wait till the end of the season and then decide it's time to go.  I would ideally like him to choose sooner rather than later!!!
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

December 22, 2010, 11:32:17 PM
Reply #9

fast lane

You're probably right but Pienaar himself has praised Moyes on more than one occasion and he's never shirked his responsibilities on the pitch for us ... another thing to consider is his temperament He loved it at Ajax but moved to Dortmund for the cash , he was not accepted there by the fans or his team mates and his game suffered which is why we got him so cheap . By his own admission he's never played better since he's been here so is it unreasonable for him to weigh up his options and be reluctant to leave us for the risk of going back to the Dortmund scenario ?

I wouldn't say he moved to Borussia Dortmund soley for the money. (same as I've said in the past, he won't leave us just for money alone, sporting ambitions play a role too)
It looked like a promotion at the time, but was unluckily a poor career move.
But more lucky us, as we could pick him up for a pittance.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 30, 2010, 04:59:23 AM
Reply #10

Les Trebilcock

Cheers Zig!

Pretty much confirms what I have been thinking for a while now. It would be nice if he signed a new contract even with the intention of leaving. So the club could get a potentially bigger pay day for him. But then teams might not want to pay for him. So it is all understandable.

Fuck this club needs money!

According to this, huck - we're getting £2m for Pienaar off Spurs, next week :

“Harry Redknapp thinks it will be a great bit of business—he says Pienaar is an intelligent midfielder who will slot straight into his squad, can play in a number of positions and provide competition for places.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/556246-transfer-window-special-spurs-grab-pienaar-from-everton-with-2m-new-year-bid

We then might go for out-of-favour Croatian midfielder, Niko Kranjcar.

You can take that to the bank.

December 30, 2010, 05:25:10 AM
Reply #11

Sheedys left foot

Imagine, could be playing this January without Cahill and Piennaar  :(
CHUNK,I LOVE YOU CHUNK.

December 30, 2010, 05:32:41 AM
Reply #12

cantoffee

It's just not worth it for 2mil. We might as well let his contract run down and keep him playing here as long as possible.

December 30, 2010, 05:34:11 AM
Reply #13

philly

Imagine, could be playing this January without Cahill and Piennaar  :(

Moyes isn't soft enough to get rid of pienaar unless we get a replacement straight away.

I'm still holding out hopes of Moyes finally swallowing his pride.
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.

December 30, 2010, 05:38:45 AM
Reply #14

JoeHart

if its about ambition and trophies, then you cant blame him for looking elsewhere.

its not as if moyes has a strong track recvord of being a winner.

Everton forever