November 22, 2017, 05:21:28 AM

Author Topic: "PEANUT NEWS" Hot off the Press in South Africa  (Read 8126 times)

December 30, 2010, 05:40:25 AM
Reply #15

philly

if its about ambition and trophies, then you cant blame him for looking elsewhere.

its not as if moyes has a strong track recvord of being a winner.

We could find out if we offered him 75k a week. If Arteta deserves it then so does Pienaar, make it public and then we'll see what he does.
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.

deCoubertin

December 30, 2010, 06:06:26 AM
Reply #16

chang

its not as if moyes has a strong track recvord of being a winner

and Harry does? 1 x FA cup in 20 plus years of managment - does however play attactive football, two pacey wingers, is good to watch his teams.

If I were SP I think I would go to Spurs if the chance was offered, I would maybe worry about the number of games I might play, but other than that all the boxes are ticked.

December 30, 2010, 06:07:17 AM
Reply #17

cantoffee

if its about ambition and trophies, then you cant blame him for looking elsewhere.

its not as if moyes has a strong track recvord of being a winner.

17 posts in and you already sound like a broken record.

I guarantee if the board stumped up some money for a class striker he'd stay. He said so himself and I believe him, he likes it here and would stay if the board showed some ambition by either finding "investment" or selling the club to someone who can.

December 30, 2010, 06:12:29 AM
Reply #18

Connavar

It's all about Everton's ambitions. And the thirst wont be quenched with just a striker. Pienaar will go because he wants to see the squad developed into a squad that can compete. We simply can't afford that. That is the sad truth of it all. I don't blame the lad. Two years of stepping backwards is hardly the environment you want to be playing football in.

December 30, 2010, 06:18:31 AM
Reply #19

NoMoreJackieChan

Wow South Africa have Monday Night Football too
Herro Shitty Wok Take Order Peas

December 30, 2010, 06:22:53 AM
Reply #20

JoeHart

I guarantee if the board stumped up some money for a class striker he'd stay. He said so himself and I believe him, he likes it here and would stay if the board showed some ambition by either finding "investment" or selling the club to someone who can.

I agree with you. However, Im trying to be realistic and I cant see the board stumping up enough cash for a 'game changing' striker.
I also dont trust Moyes to spend such a huge amount on a striker.

Dont forget, Moyes offered £12 million for Jo before City out bid us. And for a few years now, he has turned up at random CSKA matches to watch Vagner Love.

Would you really trust Mohyes with £15 million to buy a top striker?
Everton forever

December 30, 2010, 06:26:21 AM
Reply #21

NoMoreJackieChan

I agree with you. However, Im trying to be realistic and I cant see the board stumping up enough cash for a 'game changing' striker.

Dont forget, Moyes offered £12 million for Jo before City out bid us. And for a few years now, he has turned up at random CSKA matches to watch Vagner Love.

Would you trust Eddie fucking Howe with 15 million to buy a striker?
Herro Shitty Wok Take Order Peas

December 30, 2010, 06:30:15 AM
Reply #22

BootleBlueBoy

Yes, wouldnt have an qualms about it at all, one of the best judges in characters and ability in the league. for every Jo theirs several Arshavins, Militos and Huntelaars, Donovans....

as for pienaar I agree, he wants champions league football, am sure he'd love to do it with everton, but the board and BK are showing no ambition or imagination towards funding, is their any wonder we start so badly when we dont go out and buy early in the summer....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:32:21 AM by BootleBlueBoy »

December 30, 2010, 06:34:35 AM
Reply #23

Danny

If Jo had come directly to us it may have been a completely different story.

December 30, 2010, 06:41:50 AM
Reply #24

JoeHart

If Jo had come directly to us it may have been a completely different story.

disage mate.

there are a million and one various players who possibly may have had different careers if they had chosen certain moves.

Jo doesn't have it, he probably never will.

If we would have splashed £12 million on him, I doubt it would have made him think twice about doing his disappearing acts to Brazil.

Everton forever

December 30, 2010, 06:46:07 AM
Reply #25

montanatoffeefan

We could find out if we offered him 75k a week. If Arteta deserves it then so does Pienaar, make it public and then we'll see what he does.

On his current form, if Arteta deserves 75k per week, then so does Hibbo.
Everton forever.

December 30, 2010, 07:31:44 AM
Reply #26

Robioto

Exactly.

December 30, 2010, 08:17:45 AM
Reply #27

cantoffee

If he had been given money we'd have bought Arshavin before his great Euro 2008 and his price jump. We wouldn't even need Pienaar ffs.

I trust him with the money, the only big purchase of his that was a poor one was Bily and arguably the Yak. However, I think without the injury Yakubu wouldn't have gone off the boil as much as he has and I still hold out a slight glimmer of hope for Bily. Either than that we've made a profit on Johnson and Beattie, and Fellaini's showing the potential to be one of the most dominant players in the world.

I'd rather give him the chance than not.

Vagnor Love is quite a good player btw, not sure what your point is there.

December 30, 2010, 07:55:24 PM
Reply #28

ally2

I don't get all this crap about wanting to 'win things' and 'having ambition' or wanting to play champions league.  All this stuff is trotted out so regularly that people just accept it.   It's like this myth that only the best make it because they have some insatiable desire to be the best.  Bullshit.

Pienaar seems to have settled in a country and city.  He gets paid loads for kicking a ball around with his mates.  What more do these freaks want?

I'm actually not arsed anymore.  Pienaar's scoring record is pathetic.  True he is a nice player to watch and puts a shift in blah blah blah.  I would like us to play him centrally and see what he can do.  And despite all this I would still rather he stayed.

December 31, 2010, 01:29:48 AM
Reply #29

philly

Even on top form Arteta and Pienaar are of similar quality and I personally think the only difference between the two of them is that Arteta has been at the club longer.

Pienaar has a place in the team for the foreseeable future on the left wing.

If we keep Rodwell and he reaches potential soon where will Arteta play? I'd say on the right but he doesn't like it there and Rodwell and feliani are the future of our center midfield.

Offer him parity and get rid of jonny - that would give us a small cash injection plus it would ensure we keep 50% of our creative outlet.
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.