November 24, 2017, 07:57:06 AM

Author Topic: "PEANUT NEWS" Hot off the Press in South Africa  (Read 8135 times)

December 31, 2010, 06:42:33 AM
Reply #45

BlueSte

Hence selling Roswell is a no goer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's rodwell not area 51 or whatever it was

The Black Watch

deCoubertin

December 31, 2010, 06:58:14 AM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
Hence selling Roswell is a no goer

Roswell? Is that not a church near Edinburgh in the Da Vinci Code?

December 31, 2010, 07:01:08 AM
Reply #47

Gash

Global Moderator
No thats Rosslyn, Roswell was where the aliens landed.

December 31, 2010, 07:33:45 AM
Reply #48

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
No thats Rosslyn, Roswell was where the aliens landed.

It was a tv show too

December 31, 2010, 08:14:59 AM
Reply #49

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I fear Rodwell becoming a bit of a jack of all trades. He is a tidy player but he does not have that creativity to his passing (like say Pienaar or Fernandes back in the day) he shows no inclination for being a tough ball winner such as Fellaini, or if he were to drop back to CB like Jags or Hibbert. And he doesn't have the skill or speed for the wings.

If I were to compare him to anyone at the moment in our midfield it'd be Osman. A utility player who when others are playing to their best shouldn't be in the team. And like Osman I think he'd benefit from a loan spell elsewhere to toughen up a bit.

December 31, 2010, 03:37:22 PM
Reply #50

JT

Rodwell, Felli, Coleman, Barkley, Mustafi, Gueye coming through are the long term future

Jason

December 31, 2010, 04:09:09 PM
Reply #51

Tony Clifton

Rodwell, Felli, Coleman, Barkley, Mustafi, Gueye coming through are the long term future

Jason

I'd love to think so, but can't see it, not under Moyes/Kenwright

December 31, 2010, 04:12:25 PM
Reply #52

Derek

Having a giggle about that "back in the day" comment about Fernandes!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 31, 2010, 06:38:25 PM
Reply #53

Les Trebilcock

It would be a real shame if Fellaini was not at the centre of our future.

For me he has more potential and ability than Rodwell, I think given the right training and development, he is the one member of our squad who COULD become world class or close to it.

Realistically, I forsee him leaving on a free in 18 months time. With his dad as his agent making noises about bigger clubs with ambition, I suspect he wont be waiting around for Kenwright to die (the only way we are ever going to get sold and develop as a club).

This has developed into a sound thread - and Joe, all the best for 2011 - you're a sound poster.

You can take that to the bank.

December 31, 2010, 07:07:12 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There's 0% chance of Felli leaving for free. If he gives any indication of not wanting to sign a new deal this summer I think he'll be sold then.

It's not like Pienaar for whom we only made a small capital outlay. We'd need to recoup the money we spent on Fellaini so he'd be sold.

Hopefully he'll sign a new deal whenever it's offered though!

January 01, 2011, 12:45:46 AM
Reply #55

JoeHart

There's 0% chance of Felli leaving for free. If he gives any indication of not wanting to sign a new deal this summer I think he'll be sold then.

It's not like Pienaar for whom we only made a small capital outlay. We'd need to recoup the money we spent on Fellaini so he'd be sold.

Hopefully he'll sign a new deal whenever it's offered though!

I think your right.

The next 6 months will be interesting, I very much doubt he will sign a new deal with the current lack of ambition at the club. It will be another test for Moyes on how he handles another player who want to move on to bigger things (percieved bigger things).

It wouldnt suprise me if Evereton try to force the issue and give him a deadline to sign up by March, and Felli's dad wont sit down and talk seriously until the summer when they are in a position of strength. Everton will need to play Felli for 2 key reasons; 1. he is our best player and we need to try and finish as highly as possible, B. We need to have him in the shop window and on form to get his price upto and over the 15 million mark.

The problem for Moyes being he cant simply let Felli play out his contract.

This has the makings of a big mess with a david moyes strop a certainty.

And there is 1 more possibility; the sale of Felli in the summer may be Moyes only chance of getting decent cash to spend, so dont discount the club spinning Felli wants out and they are doing all that they can. Moyes is good at playing the victim.
Everton forever

January 01, 2011, 12:55:10 AM
Reply #56

philly

If we can't keep hold of our current players what chance to do we have of attracting a replacement of the same quality.

If Felli wants out due to the lack of ambition at the club and he is forced to sell I think Moyes will leave.

BK makes his job impossible, we are on the brink of going backwards and undoing the work Moyes has done.

Is there anything other than death that will result in his departure?
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.

January 01, 2011, 08:47:25 AM
Reply #57

charlatan

If we can't keep hold of our current players what chance to do we have of attracting a replacement of the same quality.

If Felli wants out due to the lack of ambition at the club and he is forced to sell I think Moyes will leave.

BK makes his job impossible, we are on the brink of going backwards and undoing the work Moyes has done.

Is there anything other than death that will result in his departure?

We've been there and done that 18 months ago

January 01, 2011, 03:14:34 PM
Reply #58

ally2

To pay Arteta but not Pienaar was ridiculous.  To be pay Arteta and not Fellaini would be even worse.  I'm guessing part of that decision is made by Moyes.  I'm sure he knows we have to keep Fellaini.  Maybe that is why we can't keep Pienaar aswell?