November 18, 2017, 10:06:55 PM

Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Everton  (Read 32813 times)

December 29, 2010, 11:04:49 PM
Reply #15

montanatoffeefan

I think it's fairly obvious what will happen for this one. Moyes will go out with our most physical looking side to combat Stoke's physicality. That means Anichebe and Jagielka, if he's fit, and maybe Osman for his tenacity starting too (if he's fit also). I'd expect Saha to start too as, supposedly, he's good in the air so he'll be stuck at the near post for defending corners.

To sum up, I don't want to see this lineup but I think it's kind of nailed on:

-----------------Howard---------
Neville--Jags---Distin---Baines
Anichebe--Arteta---Fellaini---Pienaar
------------Cahill-----Saha--------

Be arsed making a prediction. We could either batter them or be battered depending on what moods are players/Moyes are in.

The only way Saha is good in the air these days is if he's on a ferris wheel or in his backyard laying in a hammock.

Though you're probably right in thinking he'll start.
Everton forever.

December 29, 2010, 11:17:02 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Would like to see...

Howard

Coleman   Jags     Distin      Baines

Fellaini

Bilya          Osman            Pienaar

Rodwell

Beckford

(Presuming that was Cahill's last game before going away.) I on't expect to see anything close to it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:18:48 PM by Silas »

December 29, 2010, 11:28:51 PM
Reply #17

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

The most organised team we've played at Goodison defensively, as soon as we scored they attacked and would have hammered us if they did so from the start, not looking forward to this game if I'm honest.

Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Fellaini Arteta Pienaar
Cahill Beckford
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

December 30, 2010, 06:12:43 AM
Reply #18

cantoffee

Won't Cahill be available for this game? Or are we arguing with Australia about it?

December 30, 2010, 06:44:55 AM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I have yet to predict a correct Everton score this season so Im going for 4-0 Stoke.

December 30, 2010, 06:58:05 AM
Reply #20

montanatoffeefan

Would like to see...

Howard

Coleman   Jags     Distin      Baines

Fellaini

Bilya          Osman            Pienaar

Rodwell

Beckford

(Presuming that was Cahill's last game before going away.) I on't expect to see anything close to it.

That would be an interesting attacking side. But we might need to lay landmines on the right side with Bilya and Coleman covering it.
Everton forever.

December 30, 2010, 08:20:22 AM
Reply #21

davidian

howard

dustbin jags jonny
coleman  mikel  pienaar felli billy
      vic   becks

lets go for it for once in 9 years.

and yes baines isnt in the squad as despite his abilty going forward, its a hue myth he is a good defender. Plus I want us to attack and play in the other teams half just once under moyes. Billy in theory is a better attacking option than Baines, but if you want to replace Billy with Baines I will let you.
lolol  :wanker:

December 30, 2010, 01:37:00 PM
Reply #22

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Would like to see...
Howard
Coleman   Jags     Distin      Baines
Fellaini
Bilya          Osman            Pienaar
Cahill
Beckford
Sure Cahill will play for us... so I've put him in...... Looks great  - hope  Jags and Osman recovers in time...... Our right side doesn't look strong on the defence but could be great on the attack ....  3-1 us with goals from beck - billy and cahill
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:39:10 PM by Polledreng »

December 30, 2010, 01:42:37 PM
Reply #23

nomorechang

RIP
Dont think Jags will be fit . Shorty said him and Ossie never even travelled to WHU so I'm thinking he won't be ready  , It's Cahill's last game before he goes

Howard

Neville
Hibbo or Johnny H
Disty
Baines

Coleman
Felli
Arteta
Pienaar

Cahill
Anichebe

Thats the team I think he'll start with but I'd rather Jack Rodwell played instead of Mikel .. having said that , most times I think a player should be rested they go on and have a blinder ... and Mikel sure owes us one !
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 30, 2010, 06:55:06 PM
Reply #24

Derek

Well, I hold out hope, but we hardly inspire against teams we're well equipped to beat. Reckon it'll be another draw.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 30, 2010, 07:20:25 PM
Reply #25

johnj

howard
nev jags distin baines
coleman arteta felli pienaar
cahill
beckford

that's what i want to see
This but would put Osman in instead of Arteta, he is too off-form and this is not the game he will find it.

December 30, 2010, 08:12:25 PM
Reply #26

Shogun

Administrator
presuming cahill has already gone i think the team will be quite adventurous for moysey

--------------------howard---------------------------
neville----jagielka------distin--------bainesy
coleman---arteta-----felliaini------peinaar
-----------anichebe---beckford(cahill)-----------

we should win on paper yet im still thinking a possible draw the way we are dropping points left right and centre

should be 3 1  beckford anichebe pienaaar
i think 2 2   beckford anichebe
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:40:49 PM by jakka93 »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 30, 2010, 08:13:14 PM
Reply #27

Alanvideo

Cahill is available ,hope he plays behind Beckford or Anichebe . Yak looks like he's going and Saha .........who knows. :bonk:
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 31, 2010, 01:15:33 AM
Reply #28

blob

nailed on bore draw

December 31, 2010, 02:13:46 AM
Reply #29

philly

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Coleman Arteta Feliani Pienaar
Cahill
Anichebe

I'll go for a 1-2 with Cahill and Anichebe scoring for us and Jones for them.
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.