June 26, 2017, 07:19:17 PM

Author Topic: And it starts  (Read 3326 times)

February 16, 2017, 05:40:30 AM
Read 3326 times

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 16, 2017, 06:29:09 AM
Reply #1

Cozzie

The two clubs people said he would go on to manage at some point would be Barcelona and Arsenal.

Ironically both those clubs could realistically sack their managers or they could resign at the end of this season.

Not certain both would go for Koeman nailed on but its a strong possibility.

I'd like to think he would give us atleast one more season here. But you wouldn't blame him if those offers came along.

February 16, 2017, 06:50:33 AM
Reply #2

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
The two clubs people said he would go on to manage at some point would be Barcelona and Arsenal.

Ironically both those clubs could realistically sack their managers or they could resign at the end of this season.

Not certain both would go for Koeman nailed on but its a strong possibility.

I'd like to think he would give us atleast one more season here. But you wouldn't blame him if those offers came along.

I don't really think Barca would go for him just yet. I think they would want to see a major title or at least CL on a CV. Arsenal though....

February 16, 2017, 01:53:43 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I don't really think Barca would go for him just yet. I think they would want to see a major title or at least CL on a CV. Arsenal though....

They should go for Bobby brown shoes, he "got us into two semi finals"

February 16, 2017, 02:26:12 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Barca have never used that as a requisite. Guardiola, Villanova, Martino and Luis Enrique haven't fulfilled that criteria over the past 10 years. If you've been part of the furniture there in the past then that works for them and Koeman ticks that box.

February 16, 2017, 02:27:07 PM
Reply #5

Hawkandro

Hasn't Allegri said he is leaving Juve at the end of the season? Allegri to Barca or Everton, to replace Koeman! :)
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 16, 2017, 02:40:20 PM
Reply #6

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Barca have never used that as a requisite. Guardiola, Villanova, Martino and Luis Enrique haven't fulfilled that criteria over the past 10 years. If you've been part of the furniture there in the past then that works for them and Koeman ticks that box.

But haven't they stayed in the set up before progressing to the top job?

February 16, 2017, 02:47:12 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

But haven't they stayed in the set up before progressing to the top job?

Only really Guardiola and Villanova. Martino came from Argentina, Luis Enrique came from Celta Vigo.
Koeman has already been assistant manager there and a legend as a player. I would be surprised if he's not on a shortlist. Previous managerial success isn't usually a requisite for the top job there, but knowing the Barcelona culture and way more often than not is.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:48:47 PM by Lxxx »

February 16, 2017, 02:54:34 PM
Reply #8

MartinezsLeftTeste

Think Barcelona is very likely. They seem to only require you've played for them. He's more qualified than Enrique ever was

February 16, 2017, 02:59:11 PM
Reply #9

indiantoffee1975

All depends on how much Koeman is backed in the summer transfer window.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona get someone in the interim for a year and Koeman moves at the end of next season.

February 16, 2017, 03:00:21 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

The two jobs Koeman is always linked with up for grabs in the summer. The odds are he'd be on the shortlist of at least one of them and if he went might Lukaku think it's time too?

Another summer of upheaval?

February 16, 2017, 03:02:40 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

All depends on how much Koeman is backed in the summer transfer window.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona get someone in the interim for a year and Koeman moves at the end of next season.

Why might that happen?

February 16, 2017, 03:16:47 PM
Reply #12

WeimaranerBlues

stranger things have happened but style of play does not seem to fit either teams

February 16, 2017, 03:18:39 PM
Reply #13

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Only really Guardiola and Villanova. Martino came from Argentina, Luis Enrique came from Celta Vigo.
Koeman has already been assistant manager there and a legend as a player. I would be surprised if he's not on a shortlist. Previous managerial success isn't usually a requisite for the top job there, but knowing the Barcelona culture and way more often than not is.

Fair enough. Don't really follow anything outside of Everton so I'll go with what you say.

February 16, 2017, 03:21:29 PM
Reply #14

Paddockoldie

FFS.. Talk about a fox in the hen house. Simione would be a better prospect given his achievements in Spain. Plus... remember when Knob head was rumoured to be on Barca's radar after his first season with us? Live in the now.. he's here and it's the Daily Mirror.