November 19, 2017, 06:09:44 PM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Sunderland aka Everton rejects  (Read 15098 times)

February 22, 2017, 04:13:38 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno about 'great' player @brap2 - he's very, very useful and I really liked him when he was here (despite not being consistent - and I'm certainly not calling him shite) but surely you must still agree we got got damn good money for him when he went?

Yeah not great. Good, effective.

And yeah we got good money, can't complain really but I wouldn't say no to a 21 year old fellaini now like.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 22, 2017, 01:13:54 PM
Reply #46

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't say no to a 21 year old fellaini now like.

You dirty little slut.

February 22, 2017, 01:48:37 PM
Reply #47

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The same Moyes who tried to fuck us over (Baines on the cheap) the same Moyes who accused us of holding players back (Baines), the same Moyes who had a go at the Everton fans after we beat United at Old Trafford, the same Moyes who said "we just want to get out alive" whilst refering to his away record against a so called top 4 side.

Fuck him, he deserves everything he gets.

Well I guess my definition of class in this context flew right over your head, never mind.

February 22, 2017, 01:57:03 PM
Reply #48

Bally

Administrator
megaphone man will be there

we've never lost when Megaphone Man has been to the match (with his megaphone, that is)
He also has free gifts remember
It's the roll I way

February 22, 2017, 03:28:30 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

Well I guess my definition of class in this context flew right over your head, never mind.

Oh I understood what you meant, our opinions just differ, I refuse to show any sort of class to a former manager who slagged us off at every opportunity since he left.

February 22, 2017, 04:02:55 PM
Reply #50

Ramjam

From this chant to the new chant.

He's got red hair but we don't care Davey Davey Moyes

he's got grey hair his team has no flair Davey Davey Moyes
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 22, 2017, 04:27:47 PM
Reply #51

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Oh I understood what you meant, our opinions just differ, I refuse to show any sort of class to a former manager who slagged us off at every opportunity since he left.

Slagged us off at every opportunity?

I don't think he's "slagged us off" once, never mind in every one of his interactions he's had with the press (probably over 1000 since he left).

February 22, 2017, 04:35:00 PM
Reply #52

Macca77

Slagged us off at every opportunity?

I don't think he's "slagged us off" once, never mind in every one of his interactions he's had with the press (probably over 1000 since he left).

Oh he has, I may of exaggerated the every opportunity bit   ;D

February 22, 2017, 04:37:25 PM
Reply #53

Alanvideo

I don't think we fans owe Moyes anything. He got a fantastic send-off ,I would say at least 90% of the crowd stayed behind that day .I didn't like the timing of his leaving but I still applauded him in respect of his work for the club.
But now he's fair game just like any other manager. I would love it if we put another nail in his coffin on Saturday. Wonder if the grim reaper will be there again ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 22, 2017, 04:46:45 PM
Reply #54

toffee_scot

The same Moyes who tried to fuck us over (Baines on the cheap) the same Moyes who accused us of holding players back (Baines), the same Moyes who had a go at the Everton fans after we beat United at Old Trafford, the same Moyes who said "we just want to get out alive" whilst refering to his away record against a so called top 4 side.

Fuck him, he deserves everything he gets.

I was quite pissed off with some of his actions/comments since he'd been revealed as Fergie's hand pointed successor. But from Man Utd he has eventually now found himself at Sunderland fighting for relegation and instead of trying to get Everton's best players and acting like he's on his high horse, he has to make do with bringing in our fringe players like Gibson and seems to have brought a doom and gloom atmosphere to the so-called Stadium of Light.

Still, I don't mind if we boo Moyes, as long as it has the effect of being more intimidating towards him and the Sunderland team rather than abusive. Otherwise you can imagine MOTD or Sky having a go at Everton fans.

February 22, 2017, 04:53:30 PM
Reply #55

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think the reality is David Moyes means different things to different fans.

If you're like me and had the fortune to start supporting Everton at the end of the 80s, then all you saw was around 15 years of perpetual relegation battles and long-ball shite, albeit with an amazing FA Cup win in the middle of that.

We were fucking shite till David Moyes came along and turned us into a quality, respected side. One you could be really proud of. We may not have any silverware to show for it, but the Moyes era was one I'll always look on fondly for how it transformed the club and the foundations he laid for the future.

For older fans who saw the success of the 80s, or conversely younger fans who didn't see the misery of the 90s, I can certainly understand a different attitude towards the man.

February 22, 2017, 05:16:11 PM
Reply #56

Rhys

I think the reality is David Moyes means different things to different fans.

If you're like me and had the fortune to start supporting Everton at the end of the 80s, then all you saw was around 15 years of perpetual relegation battles and long-ball shite, albeit with an amazing FA Cup win in the middle of that.

We were fucking shite till David Moyes came along and turned us into a quality, respected side. One you could be really proud of. We may not have any silverware to show for it, but the Moyes era was one I'll always look on fondly for how it transformed the club and the foundations he laid for the future.

For older fans who saw the success of the 80s, or conversely younger fans who didn't see the misery of the 90s, I can certainly understand a different attitude towards the man.

Completely agree and one of the reasons why I'll defend him despite his comments after he left. The first season I remember going to with a reasonable amount of detail was  93/94 and for the next decade pretty much every season from Feb/March ended in hours of working out who might get what result in what upcoming fixture and what we'd need to do to scrape over the line and guaranteed at some point in the run in it felt completely hopeless. So to have someone take us away from that constant worry of relegation and transform us back into a respected good side who werent that far away from achieving something and left us in a position to aspire for better things was something I won't forget over a few comments and leaving us for the most successful club in English football.

That and the fact he did it with the club verging on administration and relying on 'loans' from someone who has now been rubbished in the country to keep us going over such a long period means I think it's harsh he gets some of the abuse he does get from our fans.

I can understand why people wouldnt applaud him back, afterall he got a great send off and did tarnish it for some with comments. But I think the fact that a lot would want to boo him is pushing it too far for what he did for the club in that decade.

February 22, 2017, 05:20:31 PM
Reply #57

Alanvideo

Talking of booing ,there was a game during Moyes reign where a returning player got booed . Tommy Gravesen also booed the player as a joke and it diffused the situation.  ;D
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 22, 2017, 05:26:08 PM
Reply #58

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Been three or so years now. He had his day of being idolised. He also had a day of being ridiculed
He is just another manager now

Simply simply lovely

February 22, 2017, 06:35:00 PM
Reply #59

Evertonian in NC

Been three or so years now. He had his day of being idolised. He also had a day of being ridiculed
He is just another manager now

We had our Karmic moment against him, winning at Anfield, then the beautiful "Are you watching, David Moyes?" at Goodison when we did the double and got him the sack.  We made our point - 100% fairly - and can now move on without being dicks about it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin