November 24, 2017, 06:22:04 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Sunderland aka Everton rejects  (Read 15316 times)

February 26, 2017, 09:17:12 PM
Reply #510

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Of course I watched the game as did those reporters I imagine.

What did he make happen yesterday? All the other things are a minimum requirement. What did he do yesterday that was noteworthy?

What do you want him to do? Score from 40 yards with a back heel??

He controlled the game yesterday and thats more than enough for me.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 26, 2017, 09:19:49 PM
Reply #511

cyberduck

Do you only class noteworthy as assists or goals then? You're version of what a good performance involves is simplistic to say the least.

For a creative player to have played well I would expect creativity. That's not just an assist or scoring. We know he can do it but he didn't yesterday. Therefore 6 or 7 out of 10. if everybody just passes it around well and looks comfortable on the ball then you're not going to get goals.

February 26, 2017, 09:20:55 PM
Reply #512

Lxxx

He needs to work on his corners though. For someone with his ability striking a ball we rarely look to threaten from any of them.

February 26, 2017, 09:21:59 PM
Reply #513

Evertonian in NC

What do you want him to do? Score from 40 yards with a back heel??

He controlled the game yesterday and thats more than enough for me.

And "control" is what we needed yesterday.  Without being in the locker room, I am as sure as I can be that is what Koeman asked of him.  This is Ross growing into a future captain, in my view.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 26, 2017, 09:23:01 PM
Reply #514

Evertonian in NC

He needs to work on his corners though. For someone with his ability striking a ball we rarely look to threaten from any of them.

That's the best argument for starting Super Kev - getting Ross off corners.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 26, 2017, 09:36:40 PM
Reply #515

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Of course I watched the game as did those reporters I imagine.

What did he make happen yesterday? All the other things are a minimum requirement. What did he do yesterday that was noteworthy?
His second touch in the first minute was a flick that took two players out the game and set Coleman free... We got a corner.

I'm not gonna go through the whole game

Simply simply lovely

February 26, 2017, 09:49:46 PM
Reply #516

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley had a decent game. That's it.

There's really no need the constantly have this debate.

People need to stop going over the top with his performances now. It's becoming more infuriated than the people who won't give him credit when due.

Decent game, can play a lot better, but certainly wasn't poor by any stretch.

I think people can all agree with that?

February 26, 2017, 10:08:33 PM
Reply #517

Lxxx

He's an integral part of a team that is functioning well at the minute. The introduction of Davies and Lookman has taken the pressure off him, both in terms of the pressure he puts on himself and the pressure the fans used to heap on him.
He's no longer deserving of the level of scrutiny everyone used to give him because of this and it should be a help for everyone concerned moving forwards, especially with more squad strengthening in the summer.

February 26, 2017, 10:11:54 PM
Reply #518

cyberduck

>There's really no need the constantly have this debate.

Agreed. It's like you can't even say he had an average game.

February 26, 2017, 10:21:46 PM
Reply #519

ally2

I missed the first half hour when we apparently played best but for what I did see I wasn't blown away but Ross at all. He was OK though. One thing that did sticky in my mind was how he carelessly lost possession in the centre circle just before half time. We got away with though. The problem is that it's difficult to be objective. My own view, at the moment, is that if we were to play a team and Ross was on the opponent's side then I wouldn't be massively concerned about him. I stress - At the moment.

February 26, 2017, 10:24:59 PM
Reply #520

Bally

Administrator
Daily Post gave him a 6 http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-2-0-sunderland-12657612

As did the Chronicle http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-2-0-sunderland-player-12657078

Goal.com 3.5 stars http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/everton-vs-sunderland/2242011/ratings, the lowest of our midfielders apart from Lookman.

Nobody really getting very excited about his performance.

What did everybody think was so impressive?
Because he was fucking brilliant yesterday
It's the roll I way

February 26, 2017, 10:27:46 PM
Reply #521

Toddacelli

MOTD is no measure for me to say how good he was for the game, but the commentator did at one point say that Ross was "a joy to watch when he's playing like this".

So whoever the BBC commentator was - he certainly thought Ross was very good yesterday.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 26, 2017, 10:31:22 PM
Reply #522

Ross

Got to say that if that's Barkley playing "brilliant" he's really fell way short of that initial promise.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 26, 2017, 11:10:13 PM
Reply #523

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I was one of Barkley's biggest critics earlier in the season, but I am very happy with the way he's playing now. He's turning into a big version of Beardsley for me, integral in everything good we do with flashes of brilliance.

He looks much stronger and with it now than ever before. I think he's beginning to mature in his role.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 26, 2017, 11:26:40 PM
Reply #524

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin