November 20, 2017, 07:52:34 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Sunderland aka Everton rejects  (Read 15126 times)

February 22, 2017, 06:41:37 PM
Reply #60

Bluenose 91

We had our Karmic moment against him, winning at Anfield, then the beautiful "Are you watching, David Moyes?" at Goodison when we did the double and got him the sack.  We made our point - 100% fairly - and can now move on without being dicks about it.

Must have missed that one!

February 22, 2017, 06:44:25 PM
Reply #61

Evertonian in NC

Must have missed that one!

Oh fuck me, I need more coffee.  Hopefully I am remembering a prophetic dream, and my subconscious was leaking out...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 22, 2017, 07:23:55 PM
Reply #62

Lxxx

Been three or so years now. He had his day of being idolised. He also had a day of being ridiculed
He is just another manager now

He would be if he stopped talking about us all the time!

February 22, 2017, 07:26:03 PM
Reply #63

Bluedylan

We're playing Sunderland, not Moyes. He will speak about us, because he gets asked about us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 22, 2017, 07:31:41 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

We're playing Sunderland, not Moyes. He will speak about us, because he gets asked about us.

He couldn't shut up about us when he took over. Which to an extent is fair because it was the last successful job he had so he'd like to gloss over Man U and Sociedad but it went on for months.

February 22, 2017, 08:20:07 PM
Reply #65

hill135

Entirely forgot he went to Sociedad.

What an utterly bizarre move that was for all concerned

February 22, 2017, 08:38:45 PM
Reply #66

blueski

every manager tries to grab some former players when moving on to a new project

think it was because we had a steady manager for so long that people were insulted about it to the degree we were, personally think people ought to get over that
Nil Satis

February 22, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Reply #67

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Entirely forgot he went to Sociedad.

What an utterly bizarre move that was for all concerned

It seemed like a panic move.

Sociedad are a perfectly decent club but by no means a "should be up there" club, so it was an unnecessarily risky job on the back of his failure at Utd.

Similarly here I think he's thought that he has to be back in work whereas he's likely to end up with 3 failures in 4 years since leaving us.

February 22, 2017, 09:46:54 PM
Reply #68

ally2

I'm loving this Moyes thread!  Socidad was a good move for all at the time. However it transpired that Moyes became an embarrassing Brit abroad and a shit manager at the same time.

February 22, 2017, 11:23:47 PM
Reply #69

Toddacelli

I'm loving this Moyes thread!  Socidad was a good move for all at the time. However it transpired that Moyes became an embarrassing Brit abroad and a shit manager at the same time.

Don't remember a lot of it (because I wasn't arsed) - but didn't he spend the whole time over there without learning any of the language? Or was that newspaper drivel?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 22, 2017, 11:26:21 PM
Reply #70

Major Clanger

Yes, it would've been a once in a lifetime opportunity to broaden his coaching horizons, embrace new influences, maybe even acquire a new coaching staff. We all saw how well that went.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 23, 2017, 12:06:00 AM
Reply #71

Simon Paul

Administrator
Don't remember a lot of it (because I wasn't arsed) - but didn't he spend the whole time over there without learning any of the language? Or was that newspaper drivel?

he spent much of his time on the sidelines shouting the name of a player who doesn't actually play for him, and wondering why he wasn't getting his attention

February 23, 2017, 12:27:55 AM
Reply #72

ally2

Also he lived in a hotel the whole time taking up a whole floor or something. He did have a go at the language though to be fair.

February 23, 2017, 12:40:44 AM
Reply #73

Ball8y

Moyes out! ... oh, wait a mo..

February 23, 2017, 12:42:37 AM
Reply #74

Simon Paul

Administrator
still waiting for a Sunderland fan to pay over the odds for the moyesout.com domain....