November 19, 2017, 04:20:54 PM

Author Topic: ' Boro outgoings  (Read 2634 times)

December 31, 2010, 04:20:16 AM
Read 2634 times

nomorechang

RIP
We've been rumoured to be looking at David Wheater but Boro are also looking to release Kris Boyd as he's one of their higher paid players , Would he be an option up front  ? his scoring record in Scotland was exceptional but somehow I can't see him being as effective in the Prem and he's only scored 5 for Boro this year ... but with him being cheap and a Jock is it possible Moyes may take a chance ? ... I'm not that up on Scots players but if Davy Weir can still get a game for their champions then It doesn't say much for the standard does it ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

December 31, 2010, 04:28:44 AM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Kris Boyd I'd steer well clear of.  I know there were many advocating us signing him when he was at Rangers but I think his struggles at Boro should have shown that he's not a viable option, not even short term.

To be honest there's not a single Boro player that I'd want to see here other than Wheater, and even then the only reason I'd really like to see him is because we need cover at CB.

December 31, 2010, 04:30:38 AM
Reply #2

montanatoffeefan

Has it come to this?
....Fucking hell, I suppose it has.
Everton forever.

December 31, 2010, 04:44:09 AM
Reply #3

taffytoffee

surely they would be taking  the piss if we signed him, what a pile of shit, get rid of vaughan and sign boyd :headbang:

December 31, 2010, 05:34:02 AM
Reply #4

JoeHart

i would have Wheater as Dustbin is 33 and it looks like Yobo is no longer wanted by Moyes, so we need cover.

The player Moyes has followed for years is infact Gary O'neill, he has been put off twice before after making enquiries by how much Boro wanted for him.

I have a horrible feeling he is the player we are most likely to end up with from Boro.

Everton forever

December 31, 2010, 05:49:18 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
I'd have had a punt on Boyd when he was at Rangers, but his record at Boro has been poor, but that could be because he's been in a shite team.

If he was free he's maybe worth a go, but for money, I'm not so sure. Lazy with an attitude, he'll score goals but could have gone to Birmingham and bottled it in the EPL. And Moyes would have probably fallen out with him.

December 31, 2010, 05:52:47 AM
Reply #6

Danny

And I thought scrapping around shit premiership players was bad.

December 31, 2010, 06:08:53 AM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have had a punt on Boyd when he was at Rangers, but his record at Boro has been poor, but that could be because he's been in a shite team.

If he was free he's maybe worth a go, but for money, I'm not so sure. Lazy with an attitude, he'll score goals but could have gone to Birmingham and bottled it in the EPL. And Moyes would have probably fallen out with him.

He managed in a shite team north of the border?

Seriously though, he's shite. Like poor man's Yakubu
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 31, 2010, 06:15:56 AM
Reply #8

blueslipper

I always liked oneill.... Must be mad or was it that he did well against us?

December 31, 2010, 06:22:18 AM
Reply #9

Haile GAZrselassie

Has it come to this?
....Fucking hell, I suppose it has.

It will never get to the stage where I would like to see Kris Boyd run out in royal blue.

EVER.

Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 31, 2010, 06:26:51 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
He managed in a shite team north of the border?

Seriously though, he's shite. Like poor man's Yakubu

Where did I say he managed in a shite team? Although he was in a shite team that beat your tim's to the title.  ;)

December 31, 2010, 06:30:12 AM
Reply #11

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Where did I say he managed in a shite team? Although he was in a shite team that beat your tim's to the title.  ;)

You said him being in a shit team may have hindered his progress at Boro, I shouldn't have put the '?'.

As for Celtic, still the best squad by a clear distance in Scotland, that management side is a work in prgress though.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 31, 2010, 06:41:10 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
You said him being in a shit team may have hindered his progress at Boro, I shouldn't have put the '?'.

As for Celtic, still the best squad by a clear distance in Scotland, that management side is a work in prgress though.

The same shite team that have been better than Celtic recently?

And you Celtic comment.  lolol  lolol  lolol

By the way, I hate the huns, but that's laughable.

December 31, 2010, 06:45:57 AM
Reply #13

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The same shite team that have been better than Celtic recently?

And you Celtic comment.  lolol  lolol  lolol

By the way, I hate the huns, but that's laughable.

Worsened in the recent couple of windows but so have Rangers. Just haven't had a decent manager since O'neil.

December 31, 2010, 06:48:13 AM
Reply #14

Gash

Global Moderator
Worsened in the recent couple of windows but so have Rangers. Just haven't had a decent manager since O'neil.

lolol

Mate, they haven't had a decent manager since Jock Stein.

Two shocking teams in a shocking league, much as it pains me to admit that.