November 24, 2017, 08:16:47 AM

Author Topic: ' Boro outgoings  (Read 2642 times)

December 31, 2010, 06:50:25 AM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
lolol

Mate, they haven't had a decent manager since Jock Stein.

Two shocking teams in a shocking league, much as it pains me to admit that.

I know that, I thought we were talking about which of the two was the better team?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

deCoubertin

December 31, 2010, 06:54:45 AM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
I know that, I thought we were talking about which of the two was the better team?

We are. There both shite.  ;)

December 31, 2010, 09:35:20 AM
Reply #17

bloody scally

If we can convince ourselves that it is acceptable for League one's Leeds striker Jermanine Beckford to play for us, then we can convince ourselves that the Scottish Premier League's Rangers striker Kris Boyd can and all.

December 31, 2010, 10:02:00 AM
Reply #18

Sprooly

beckford was scoring goals though (a lot of them) and last season scored at Old Trafford and White Heart Lane

December 31, 2010, 02:48:26 PM
Reply #19

nomorechang

RIP
I may be wrong here and some of you may be able to correct me but Beckford looks like the type of player who needs about 4 chances to score a goal but is very mobile , Boyd looks less mobile but his conversion rate is far better than Becks .... Am I right ? and if so wouldn't Boyd be a better option ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 31, 2010, 03:54:25 PM
Reply #20

Derek

I've seen Boyd up close and I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. We need someone who can score in the Premiership regularly, costs nothing and has a good attitude.

Haha!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 31, 2010, 05:13:07 PM
Reply #21

toffee_scot

If we can convince ourselves that it is acceptable for League one's Leeds striker Jermanine Beckford to play for us, then we can convince ourselves that the Scottish Premier League's Rangers striker Kris Boyd can and all.

Sadly this is the way things seem to be going, though I am very optimistic that we won't get Kris Boyd - that would be going a little too far.

December 31, 2010, 05:32:46 PM
Reply #22

Haile GAZrselassie

I may be wrong here and some of you may be able to correct me but Beckford looks like the type of player who needs about 4 chances to score a goal but is very mobile , Boyd looks less mobile but his conversion rate is far better than Becks .... Am I right ? and if so wouldn't Boyd be a better option ?

100% correct on Beckford. That was always the case when he was at Leeds.

That's all well and good when your in League one and a dozen chances a game come along due to hopeless defending but in the Prem it's a completely diffferent ball game.

I think it's safe to say Beckford is a gamble that has not paid off. He should be sold in the summer for whatever we can get, which im not so sure possibly wasn't the case all along.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 31, 2010, 07:04:15 PM
Reply #23

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

No because Boyd needs the chances to be made for him, something our team seems incapable of doing.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 31, 2010, 07:05:26 PM
Reply #24

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

2 completely different players, but on such logic why don't we go in for Kenny Miller aswell as was suggested?