November 21, 2017, 09:39:48 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Everton  (Read 17486 times)

March 01, 2017, 02:37:51 AM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
At some point we have to win these. Show the league what we made of and how good we are. If we win this, we really throw the cat amongst the pigeons for top 4 spots. Regardless the mathematics of it, people will get nervous about us.

I agree we do.

I'm just worried this one's a little soon for us, and I don't want a negative result to knock anyone's head off (myself included) and leave them thinking we're not doing well or we've not improved, because we are and we have.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 01, 2017, 03:22:24 AM
Reply #16

D15TIN

Really tough game, Spurs have only conceded 5 times at home this season, would take a draw, be interesting to see where the team is at this one, think Koeman will switch to 3 at the back - played that against Spurs 1st game of the season. Holgate in for Lookman. 1-1

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Gana Morgan Davies Baines

Barkley

Lukaku

March 01, 2017, 03:58:08 AM
Reply #17

Elgoodo1978

I've prayed to Tom Davies that we win this one, a massive statement if we do.  Our record there is pretty shite though.

March 01, 2017, 03:59:59 AM
Reply #18

bacon sarnie

Hot and cold Spurs up against a consistent team. Owt can happen. 3-3 written all over it.

March 01, 2017, 04:12:06 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

A win would be fuckin ace though wouldn't it. We'd feel like we were on a proper march if we can go to these places and win.

March 01, 2017, 04:14:18 AM
Reply #20

Buck76

Really tough game, Spurs have only conceded 5 times at home this season, would take a draw, be interesting to see where the team is at this one, think Koeman will switch to 3 at the back - played that against Spurs 1st game of the season. Holgate in for Lookman. 1-1

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Barkley

Lukaku

Spot on.... I think this is our best line up for top teams away with the 433 for home games.... It's great to finally totally agree with ya gaffers philosophy

March 01, 2017, 05:37:57 AM
Reply #21

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'd go back to 3 at the back for this one, with Holgate coming in for Lookman.

Blue Dylan used those exact same words hours ago , but I do agree with both of you.

March 01, 2017, 06:04:24 AM
Reply #22

Thornton_19

We need to match their energy levels and not make and mistakes. I feel we will beat these though. Be a shit game i bet though!

March 01, 2017, 10:19:08 AM
Reply #23

howard1334

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Barkley

Lukaku

I agree that we should go five at the back but I would consider bringing Mirallas back into the fold and dropping Lookman and Davies. I know Davies has been excellent, but for such a tough game, I would prefer the more experienced Schneiderlin and Gueye over Davies, and I think we need at least one other attacker with a bit more pace if we have any chance of hitting them on the break.

March 01, 2017, 12:50:45 PM
Reply #24

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Blue Dylan used those exact same words hours ago , but I do agree with both of you.
I'm sorry for not going back and checking my post against the rest of the thread to make sure I phrase my sentences slightly differently.

FFS.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 01, 2017, 01:42:35 PM
Reply #25

blue1948

I'm sorry for not going back and checking my post against the rest of the thread to make sure I phrase my sentences slightly differently.

FFS.

It was only one sentence !
and "slightly differently"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:43:39 PM by blue1948 »

March 01, 2017, 01:55:10 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

FFS.

Shame on you!

March 01, 2017, 02:38:39 PM
Reply #27

Alanvideo

I've prayed to Tom Davies that we win this one, a massive statement if we do.  Our record there is pretty shite though.
..............repeating myself here........
Our record isn't too bad .Our last 10 aways at Tottenham  W3  D3  L4.
Drawn 3 out of the last 5 there .
I'd bet on a 1-1 this time.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 01, 2017, 03:13:43 PM
Reply #28

Ramjam

Toughest game of the season this other than the flogging we got at Chelsea. I'd take a draw but they are a wee bit unsettled at the back at the moment so you never know, if Gent can score 2 against them surely we can as well.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 01, 2017, 03:34:30 PM
Reply #29

Rhys

Hot and cold Spurs up against a consistent team. Owt can happen. 3-3 written all over it.

They may be hot and cold at times in that when they are good they are one of the best and when they are bad they fall to pieces, but in the league this season their home form has been brilliant.

At WHL in the league this year they have played 13 games, won 11 drawn 2 and as @D15TIN pointed out they've only let in 5 goals in those 13 games.

Their inconsistencies in the league at the moment generally come from not winning away at their rivals at the top of the league, even though they've played well in some of these games they havent got many points. When it comes to home form though they are great and given their record so far a draw would be a good result seeing as they havent lost and concede on average a goal almost every 3 games there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:36:00 PM by Rhys »