November 24, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Everton  (Read 17591 times)

March 01, 2017, 03:42:16 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

They also gave Chelsea their only kicking this season at home so a point would be a great result. We can then focus on the shite as the away game to target 3 points in our tough run.

March 01, 2017, 03:56:09 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

Lukaku will celebrate signing his new contract by scoring at least 2

March 01, 2017, 05:05:28 PM
Reply #32

MmmBlueRamirez

Hot and cold Spurs up against a consistent team. Owt can happen. 3-3 written all over it.

I get the feeling it's either gonna be game of the season or 0-0.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 01, 2017, 07:49:41 PM
Reply #33

bigmanbob

Just reading that Vertongen also went off injured at the weekend and both CB's will have fitness tests. I'd bite your hand off for a draw

March 01, 2017, 09:20:40 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

Just reading that Vertongen also went off injured at the weekend and both CB's will have fitness tests. I'd bite your hand off for a draw

If both of their centre halves are out then I think I'd be tempted to start leaning towards a draw not being the maximum we'd be happy with.

March 01, 2017, 09:39:40 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

If both of their centre halves are out then I think I'd be tempted to start leaning towards a draw not being the maximum we'd be happy with.

Alderweireld's fine apparently and resumed training the next day. Not sure about Vertonghen, but Wimmer and Dier are good alternatives for them. Ben Davies is a weakness we can exploit. 

Looking at the two sides, they have a better keeper, a much better defence when everyone is fit, the midfields are pretty much on par, and they probably have a slightly more potent attack with Eriksen and Alli supporting Kane. So we'll need to perform somewhere near our best or gain a tactical advantage in my view, to have any chance.

A win or a draw would be great, but I'm not going to lose my shit if we're beaten by a very good side.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 01, 2017, 09:42:38 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Alderweireld's fine apparently and resumed training the next day. Not sure about Vertonghen, but Wimmer and Dier are good alternatives for them. Ben Davies is a weakness we can exploit. 

Looking at the two sides, they have a better keeper, a much better defence when everyone is fit, the midfields are pretty much on par, and they probably have a slightly more potent attack with Eriksen and Alli supporting Kane. So we'll need to perform somewhere near our best or gain a tactical advantage in my view, to have any chance.

A win or a draw would be great, but I'm not going to lose my shit if we're beaten by a very good side.

True. As long as any defeat is not a drubbing.

March 01, 2017, 09:52:27 PM
Reply #37

TSGun

Yeah, a bit nervous about this game, in an excited sort of way.

A respectful apprehension but also subdued eagerness. Great challenge for us.

March 01, 2017, 10:29:00 PM
Reply #38

bornblue88

I think we'll give them a good game but on paper we should lose

March 01, 2017, 10:45:39 PM
Reply #39

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
..............repeating myself here........
Our record isn't too bad .Our last 10 aways at Tottenham  W3  D3  L4.
Drawn 3 out of the last 5 there .
I'd bet on a 1-1 this time.

Those 3 wins were the first 3 games in that sequence though, so no wins in 7.

Plus they were the only 3 wins in the last 30 years!

March 01, 2017, 10:46:26 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

Those 3 wins were the first 3 games in that sequence though, so no wins in 7.

Plus they were the only 3 wins in the last 30 years!

Perspective.

March 01, 2017, 11:27:29 PM
Reply #41

Rodenplav64

Hopefully the Spurs that lost to Liverpool turn up and there usual defensive strength is not on show . They are going to lose at home in the league at some point .

March 02, 2017, 01:19:45 AM
Reply #42

eyesalwaysblue

Win lose or draw just want us to have a good do at this  1, we have the talent
to beat anyone.....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 02, 2017, 02:47:11 AM
Reply #43

Elgoodo1978

..............repeating myself here........
Our record isn't too bad .Our last 10 aways at Tottenham  W3  D3  L4.
Drawn 3 out of the last 5 there .
I'd bet on a 1-1 this time.

Aye my bad. There was a long, long period where we couldn't get a point from Spurs home or away (Amo semi discluded), guess I need to move on

March 02, 2017, 02:59:50 AM
Reply #44

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Mirallas has a decent record at whl doesn't he?

Simply simply lovely