February 26, 2020, 09:17:10 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Everton  (Read 45075 times)

March 05, 2017, 09:13:35 PM
Reply #15

sam of the south

McCarthy making a huge difference - pushing further up and closing on goal for any spills is good to see

I think he would be really effective under Koeman if he didn't have glass hamstrings
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 09:16:14 PM
Reply #16

sam of the south

Brilliant from Valencia
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 09:17:16 PM
Reply #17

sam of the south

Funes Mori is somewhat... Unpolished..

Still prefer him to Ashley 'The Myth' Williams, though
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 09:18:44 PM
Reply #18

sam of the south

I love it when Sky don't show a replay when they know the decision was dodgy
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 09:20:14 PM
Reply #19

sam of the south

Think it's pretty obvious a new goalkeeper and centre half will be top of Walsh's list.

Two centre-backs (three if/when Jag's goes)
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 09:21:09 PM
Reply #20

sam of the south

Williams is really poor
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 10:01:34 PM
Reply #21

sam of the south

Forever 7th.

Magnificent 7th 😂

Did anyone buy that cringily titled season review DVD?
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 10:06:22 PM
Reply #22

sam of the south

Yeah, you've made your point ad nauseam (as have I), and I can't be fucked listening to it anymore either.

Don't like it when my bro's quarrel 😔
 :hug:
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 10:09:52 PM
Reply #23

sam of the south

Agreed, still I think there are some growing question marks about how soon we need a viable replacement for Baines.

He goes backwards really often these days, or plays that predictable low diagonal ball into the centre that often gets picked off.

A combo of injury taking its toll, father time tapping his fingers impatiently, and the absence of an impish genius like Pienaar to play clever one-two's and create acres of space for him, have really taken the jam out of Bainesey's doughnut.

Real shame.
Henry David Thoreau

March 05, 2017, 10:23:13 PM
Reply #24

sam of the south

You can tell he's still looking for that link up play, but there is nobody there to take that mantle. I don't think he wants to cross it directly from the byline, rather work it further in with a little interplay on the edge of the box.

However, if we're not changing that dynamic then it will raise questions about his contribution.

Indeed.

Players like Pienaar are a rarity, and Baines was blessed to have him.

It is rare for a player of his ilk to be out on the left, as they are usually in the centre to create more damage; he was obviously put out there to bring out the best in the undoubted talent that Baines possesses.
Henry David Thoreau