August 21, 2019, 06:11:16 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Everton  (Read 38054 times)

March 05, 2017, 09:38:59 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

For me, the implication of what you are saying is 'it could have been different but for conceding the first goal' which I have down as quite a banal observation but also a rather large hypothetical.

If (nearly) every player plays badly as they did today it can usually be put down to poor tactics.

I think you know that's not what I'm saying, and it's fairly poor form on your part to deliberately misrepresent my point.

It's quite clear that I'm not saying 'it could have been different but for conceding the first goal'. I'm saying Spurs created nothing and were looking fragmented and frustrated. I assume that was Koeman's plan (which to me was reasonable), and then that entire plan is dismantled by an individual error that Koeman couldn't have possibly legislated for.

Was the initial set-up limited in attacking terms? Yes, I can concede that to some extent, but we did have comfortably the better attacking situations before the Robles mistake, and didn't have the final pass or shot. So again, I'd say that was working alright.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 05, 2017, 09:57:43 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

I'm not misrepresenting your point. I don't understand what it is, but you've clarified it now.

I would say they created very little but I wouldn't agree they look fragmented and frustrated. They were firmly in control. I don't agree either we had the better attacking situations either. Davies nearly went through and was tackled. That was it.

I don't agree there was no legislating for the goal. It might have been avoided by setting up a balanced midfield with a clearer understanding of responsibilities. It might not have been. Joel did make a bad error though.

The initial set up was not just limited in attacking terms but invited pressure by confining our passing to stupid areas of the pitch.

Did the goal affect the game? Of course it did but I don't think that the initial gameplan was a recipe for any points anyway. Players made individually poor decisions but these don't happen in a vacuum.

As I said, I disagree with you. I can't be fucked to explain line-by-line any further

Yeah, you've made your point ad nauseam (as have I), and I can't be fucked listening to it anymore either.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

March 06, 2017, 07:49:31 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

In a lot of ways, I blame the people who don't rate Harry Kane for this result ;)