November 16, 2018, 02:03:17 PM

Author Topic: Everton v WBA  (Read 18222 times)

March 12, 2017, 02:08:29 AM
Reply #345

Macca77

Scoreline didn't reflect game - Pulis  yeah ok

Destroyer of football that man

March 12, 2017, 02:33:58 AM
Reply #346

everton1952

Have to admit I was bored witless in the second half. Koeman admitted he killed the game, and he killed the crowd as well. It was like being at a funeral. C'est la Vie that is the way it is. I wanted to go after a poor WBA and get 4 or 5. He brought on Gana to bolster the midfield. I would have left Mirallas on or brought on Lookman and hammered them. Never mind, a sound 3-0 win and away we go. Beat Hull and then hang on to your helmets in the following 2 games. We are making progress under Koeman. Ross was MOM for me. 

March 12, 2017, 02:36:46 AM
Reply #347

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
West Brom proved to us all that they're not worth worrying about, absolute shite they are
Imagine how weird schneirdelin would have looked playing for West brom
Simply simply lovely

March 12, 2017, 02:37:46 AM
Reply #348

Rhys

Of course, Stones has been shit at City, too.  Maybe Funes Mori just turns his partners into perma-shit?  In which case yeah, better keep Holgate on the bench.

Buying 2 CBs does make sense if the price is right, it's just too bad we never got much of a look at Holgate (in Cup play, maybe) to see if he could be a better 3rd choice option next season.

I'm not saying he ruins them just highlighting I think he makes it hard for people to play next to him with how he defends. Jags is the best centre back stones has played with in his career, and his best spells were when he was next to him consistently.

On a side note good to see jags back and playing well today. Wasn't up against much but did everything asked of him, not what he was of course but hopefully plays next week.

March 12, 2017, 02:43:32 AM
Reply #349

Ross

I'm not saying he ruins them just highlighting I think he makes it hard for people to play next to him with how he defends. Jags is the best centre back stones has played with in his career, and his best spells were when he was next to him consistently.

On a side note good to see jags back and playing well today. Wasn't up against much but did everything asked of him, not what he was of course but hopefully plays next week.

What did you make of Williams today Rhys?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 12, 2017, 03:02:56 AM
Reply #350

Alanvideo

Have to admit I was bored witless in the second half. Koeman admitted he killed the game, and he killed the crowd as well. It was like being at a funeral. C'est la Vie that is the way it is. I wanted to go after a poor WBA and get 4 or 5. He brought on Gana to bolster the midfield. I would have left Mirallas on or brought on Lookman and hammered them. Never mind, a sound 3-0 win and away we go. Beat Hull and then hang on to your helmets in the following 2 games. We are making progress under Koeman. Ross was MOM for me. 
..........the crowd were very quiet today ,the Street End tried to raise a few chants but you can tell only about 1/3 are singing . It's been like that a few weeks now. We only get going for the top 6 teams. People round me in MS3 are comatose and it isn't all old twats like me ,it's a good mixture of ages ,the young ones seem more interested in their phones than the game.
Anyway ,a good win , Barkley excellent again . COYB.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 12, 2017, 03:46:53 AM
Reply #351

Evertonian in NC

It's so nice to have tactical options and actually deploy them.  All credit to Ronald Koeman, for seeing the big picture even when we don't.

Rom and Barkley when on form and having complete, well-rounded games like today are a sight to behold.  Lock them up before season's end, and enjoy a golden era of progressive football.

We had to put one of our cats to sleep this morning, but we got to be with him when he passed, and one of my daughters remembered to bring in his favourite Everton blanket.  So glad when we got back and watched the DVR recording, the boys won for their biggest feline fan.  NSNO!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 12, 2017, 03:55:11 AM
Reply #352

Shogun

Administrator

Better than going down to ten men and bringing on Niasse.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 12, 2017, 04:04:13 AM
Reply #353

Fynci

We had to put one of our cats to sleep this morning, but we got to be with him when he passed, and one of my daughters remembered to bring in his favourite Everton blanket.  So glad when we got back and watched the DVR recording, the boys won for their biggest feline fan.  NSNO!

Without hijacking the thread too much, commiserations on your loss.

March 12, 2017, 04:25:03 AM
Reply #354

Big Al

Agree with you , I've said to friends and relatives it was one of the most boring 3-0 wins I've witnessed , but on reflection this is a sign of our progress under the current regime. Koeman has the players performing with belief and confidence in the game Plan he sets out , and so do the fans , today confirmed we are the best of the rest , and we are closer to the standard of those above us than we are to the ones below .
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

March 12, 2017, 04:39:34 AM
Reply #355

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry to here mate. Sad to lose a friend, love little cats.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 12, 2017, 04:44:19 AM
Reply #356

bacon sarnie

It's so nice to have tactical options and actually deploy them.  All credit to Ronald Koeman, for seeing the big picture even when we don't.

Rom and Barkley when on form and having complete, well-rounded games like today are a sight to behold.  Lock them up before season's end, and enjoy a golden era of progressive football.

Sad to hear that mate. RIP Evertonian cat xo

March 12, 2017, 04:53:09 AM
Reply #357

Optimistic Blue

I understand WBA were our nearest rivals.

Rivals for what exactly? what an utter shit team
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

March 12, 2017, 05:16:52 AM
Reply #358

Macca77

West Brom are shit and a team we should never worry about.

Game is sold out, pretty straight forward home win.

Well said Macca

March 12, 2017, 05:24:50 AM
Reply #359

Ross

Never nice losing a family pet EiNC but let this be a lesson mate, Everton first!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.