November 22, 2017, 03:17:10 PM

Author Topic: Everton v WBA  (Read 10648 times)

March 12, 2017, 05:35:45 AM
Reply #360

Rhys

What did you make of Williams today Rhys?

Did what he had to do comfortable afternoon but it's not really a game to be judging centre halves today given they werent agianst a forward and they hardly had any possession or threats in our half. Very surprised they didnt start with Rondon given how he can cause centre halves a lot of problems and showed that when he came on.

March 12, 2017, 06:41:28 AM
Reply #361

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's so nice to have tactical options and actually deploy them.  All credit to Ronald Koeman, for seeing the big picture even when we don't.

Rom and Barkley when on form and having complete, well-rounded games like today are a sight to behold.  Lock them up before season's end, and enjoy a golden era of progressive football.

We had to put one of our cats to sleep this morning, but we got to be with him when he passed, and one of my daughters remembered to bring in his favourite Everton blanket.  So glad when we got back and watched the DVR recording, the boys won for their biggest feline fan.  NSNO!

This has done me.

Sorry to hear that mate. Never easy going through that.

March 12, 2017, 02:47:41 PM
Reply #362

toffee_scot

Scoreline didn't reflect game - Pulis  yeah ok

I actually feel quite sorry for West Brom fans, I have felt bored on a few occasions just watching them play against us. It seems as if in games like today when they concede then it's game over as their big plan is to try and park the bus and hope they can somehow nick a goal from a rare counterattack. Once Mirallas scored it seemed the game was over for them.

Was really surprised that Rondon and Brunt started on the bench as when they came on West Brom looked relatively better.

How this team is in 8th position is a mystery, I guess it shows the teams below the top 7 are a bit shite.

March 12, 2017, 02:52:44 PM
Reply #363

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I actually feel quite sorry for West Brom fans, I have felt bored on a few occasions just watching them play against us. It seems as if in games like today when they concede then it's game over as their big plan is to try and park the bus and hope they can somehow nick a goal from a rare counterattack. Once Mirallas scored it seemed the game was over for them.

Was really surprised that Rondon and Brunt started on the bench as when they came on West Brom looked relatively better.

How this team is in 8th position is a mystery, I guess it shows the teams below the top 7 are a bit shite.

They're a good example of why sorting the basics out first and foremost is essential.

They're poor with the ball but yet they've had a good season (if we take out the fact that we've beaten them twice their results against everyone else must be pretty similar to ours) because they're hard to score against.

March 12, 2017, 05:06:50 PM
Reply #364

Everton Mint

After all the nightmares under Martinez, throwing games away - give me a boring 3-0 win any time !  nod