November 23, 2017, 02:37:31 AM

Author Topic: Stub Hub  (Read 2052 times)

March 23, 2017, 01:54:28 AM
Read 2052 times

Alanvideo

It's about time this was brought to light.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/22/everton-supporters-trust-stubhub-tickets
We are special ,we are Everton.

deCoubertin

March 23, 2017, 02:14:42 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Should never be allowed to charge over face value

Simply simply lovely

March 23, 2017, 02:26:14 AM
Reply #2

phillyt

I think it should be done on a fixed price system. So whatever your season ticket is divided by 19+plus a sensible admin fee. Maybe a pound each from buyer and seller. There should also be an option for an auction for pre chosen  "major" games (Derby, united, city etc) with any profit over the set price going to club charities. I know that last bit would still irk some as it prices some people out. My thinking tho is if you stop the opportunity for flagrant profiteering there will be more matchday tickets or even season tickets available direct from the club at affordable prices.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

March 23, 2017, 02:26:53 AM
Reply #3

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
this

March 23, 2017, 02:43:29 AM
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I've never bought on stub hub but have sold on it regularly for 2 years due to change of circumstances meaning that, for a while,  we can't all go regularly  but we don't want to give up the tickets. If we have to sell it's an adult and a youth. For ease of calculation I divide the 19 games into the ST cost's and look to just break even. I ask 45 for both and fall just short after commission paid. Here's what annoys me. I've advertised them and checked the price afterwards and they show at 45. Fine. What I discovered a couple of weeks ago was that the buyer also sees the same price but when he moves to checkout it adds on another 10 or so. I've been selling at 55 and never known it. I Googled stub hub and discovered that it changed to this system 2 years ago after research in the USA showed they sold more this way than by advertising a total up front cost. To me that stinks!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 23, 2017, 02:44:33 AM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't think I've ever sold a ticket on

March 23, 2017, 02:54:48 AM
Reply #6

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It's very quick and easy on stub hub and it would be a shame to lose that but I do think the club needs to clamp down on overcharging. Shame to accept that some of the profiteering is fans on fans. Presumably the club can suspend customer accounts when it's abused thus invalidating ST's and stopping one off purchases as well?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 23, 2017, 03:55:47 AM
Reply #7

Alanvideo

A few games in the winter I couldn't get to because of illness so used StubHub and it works fine. I can't afford to lose money but only want to cover my costs. Even with the StubHub add-on I don't think my ticket costs the buyer more than the matchday price ,say 40 ish in the MS. I think that's fair enough.
What I object to is tickets going on sale at 90  to 120 plus fees which are currently advertised for the Burnley game .It would be quite easy for Everton to clamp down on this. It wouldn't really affect StubHub ,they charge about 5 to both the buyer and seller which I think is reasonable.

March 23, 2017, 04:26:45 AM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Having to use stubhub for the Leicester game, but being on the telly prices don't seem too horrible.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 23, 2017, 04:31:09 AM
Reply #9

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
A few games in the winter I couldn't get to because of illness so used StubHub and it works fine. I can't afford to lose money but only want to cover my costs. Even with the StubHub add-on I don't think my ticket costs the buyer more than the matchday price ,say 40 ish in the MS. I think that's fair enough.
What I object to is tickets going on sale at 90  to 120 plus fees which are currently advertised for the Burnley game .It would be quite easy for Everton to clamp down on this. It wouldn't really affect StubHub ,they charge about 5 to both the buyer and seller which I think is reasonable.
No, that isn't right but it's what I thought. The buyer pays  20% (+ vat on that 20%) in addition to the 10% paid by the seller. So on my 45 stub hub takes about a fiver off me plus another 12 off the buyer. That seems expensive.

March 23, 2017, 04:40:21 AM
Reply #10

Simon Paul

Administrator
Stub Hub is as bad as the FA charging 90 for a seat to watch the FA Cup Final that they charged 45 for to watch your team in the semi final....

August 24, 2017, 01:56:47 PM
Reply #11

Trowel

Bit on the news about this today, after Crystal Palace announced a partnership with ticket re-sale service Twickets to allow season ticket holders the opportunity to re-sell their seats at face value.

(my only hesitation with this news is the line "Chairman Steve Parish, a recent investor in Twickets"...)

But any competition and pressure on StubHub has to be a good thing.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/palace-partner-with-twickets/
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 24, 2017, 02:24:14 PM
Reply #12

Lazarou

If it was me I just would give it to a mate or a relative. Profiteering from your fellow blues does not sit right with me at all.

Would it be too much of a administrative nightmare for the club for them to reimburse you the ticket and put it back on sale themselves? 

August 24, 2017, 02:45:29 PM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

If it was me I just would give it to a mate or a relative. Profiteering from your fellow blues does not sit right with me at all.

Would it be too much of a administrative nightmare for the club for them to reimburse you the ticket and put it back on sale themselves? 
.............that might work yes. But people are missing the point. Stubhub don't set the prices ,it's the seller . As I've said before the system works fine but EFC could easily stop people profiteering by insisting that the selling price ( incl.fees ) does not exceed the matchday price.

August 24, 2017, 03:38:32 PM
Reply #14

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
You'd think that the club have the infrastructure to do the whole thing in house.

If you can't go, you tell the club, they simply add your seat back into the available pot (much as they already do with Cup games for STH to secure their own seat?). If it sells, at the standard single ticket price for that game, that amount (less a minimal admin fee, a couple of quid?) is then credited to your account, perhaps paying off your installment or even going into credit towards your next ST, or cup ticket, etc?

Club keeps full control, fans get a fair deal, some external company doesn't profit and the cockwombles profiteering off fellow blues, lose.