November 21, 2017, 11:35:12 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 23653 times)

March 26, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd put in Calvert-Lewin for Mirallas.  Like Super Kev better as a sub, and also worry about him getting carded early if he starts.

One could also conceivably start Lennon up front, since he tracks back so well.

No way we can play a back three with both Jags and Williams, even if we move Lennon to RB.  You'd need to also bench Williams for Mori, which would be ballsy as fuck.  And probably stupid.

3 at the back with Lennon as wing back may also be an option. Maybe not for this game, but perhaps against lesser teams.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 26, 2017, 11:20:57 PM
Reply #16

Alanvideo

3 at the back with Lennon as wing back may also be an option. Maybe not for this game, but perhaps against lesser teams.
..............can't think of a lesser team than the shite.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 26, 2017, 11:27:18 PM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'd put in Calvert-Lewin for Mirallas.  Like Super Kev better as a sub, and also worry about him getting carded early if he starts.

No way we can play a back three with both Jags and Williams, even if we move Lennon to RB.  You'd need to also bench Williams for Mori, which would be ballsy as fuck.  And probably stupid.

Wut... ???
I have to return some videotapes.

March 27, 2017, 12:16:34 AM
Reply #18

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Lennon's going to be knackered running back to RB after being used as a striker at the same time. It's a bold move. Might just work. 😜
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 27, 2017, 12:18:03 AM
Reply #19

Evertonian in NC

Lennon's going to be knackered running back to RB after being used as a striker at the same time. It's a bold move. Might just work. 😜

Well, we know what face he'll make when we give him the assignment...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 27, 2017, 12:39:53 AM
Reply #20

scottkearns42

Bare with me...

Robles

Holgate Jags Williams

Davies.                               Baines
             Schneid Gueye

Barkley

Lukaku Lookman

I don't want Funes Mori anywhere near a derby, the hot-headed calamity. I think Davies is versatile and he would do well in that position, as well as shuffling in to make the extra man in midfield when needed.

March 27, 2017, 12:52:51 AM
Reply #21

BlueForYou

1) Robles
 2) Holgate
 3) Baines
 4) Schneiderlin/Barry
 5) Williams
 6) Jagielka
 7) Davies
 8) Gueye
 9) Lukaku
10) Barkley
11) Calvert-Lewin/Lookman

1-0 win (Barkley)

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 27, 2017, 01:04:28 AM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Robles
Holgate Jagielka Williams Baines
Schneiderlin
Mirallas Gueye Davies Barkley
Lukaku

Simply simply lovely

March 27, 2017, 01:08:05 AM
Reply #23

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Robles
Holgate Jagielka Williams Baines
Schneiderlin
Mirallas Gueye Davies Barkley
Lukaku

Hoping its this tbh
I have to return some videotapes.

March 27, 2017, 01:17:34 AM
Reply #24

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Let them have most of the ball, defend deep and keep it solid and plan to hit them on the counter

They want us to go at them all guns blazing and for Lallana, Mane and Firmino to nick the ball off us 20 yards from our own goal

Please please please don't play into their hands. I want to see hardly any of the ball at the feet of our defenders. It almost needs to be the total anti-Martinez performance

Counter attack is how we will win this

Coleman is a massive miss for us here as Ideally I think this would suit a 3-5-2 formation but I don't think we have anyone who could come close to doing the job that Seamus does
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 27, 2017, 01:30:39 AM
Reply #25

Juanito

4-3-3 counter attack

Robles

Holgate  Williams  Jags  Baines

Davies Schiederlin Gueye

Barkley      Lukaku     Mirallas

March 27, 2017, 01:44:04 AM
Reply #26

kramer0

If Schneiderlin isn't fit...

GK: Robles
RB: Holgate
RCB: Jagielka
LCB: Williams
LB: Baines
DM: Gana
DM: Davies
AMR: Barkley
AML: Calvert-Lewin
SS: Valencia/Mirallas/Lookman
CF: Lukaku

I don't think the pace and physicality of this match suit Barry. Davies might be a bit lacking positionally but his athleticism, ability to get out of tight situations, and knack for winning fouls will be of more use to us than Barry's passing (which isn't all that good against aggressive presses) and positional nous. I like this team because we can bypass their press entirely. Lukaku, Calvert-Lewin, and Barkley are strong targets for long passes (I especially like Calvert-Lewin matching up against a full back) and one of Valencia/Mirallas/Lookman can look to pick up the scraps and get us up the pitch. That line-up looks a bit thin defensively but when you consider the shifts that Barkley/Valencia/Calvert-Lewin have been putting in without the ball, I think it's manageable.

Schneiderlin makes everything better though.

Really looking forward to seeing how Davies performs in this one. He's exactly the sort of snide, tenacious player that should thrive in this sort of match, not to mention that he gets the importance of the occasion. An extra injection of local talent might be exactly what we need to actually win one of these. Or I hope it is, at least.

March 27, 2017, 01:57:19 AM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Oh ffs.

Told the bird I'll go carpet shopping with her totally forgetting this was on.

March 27, 2017, 03:16:06 AM
Reply #28

Macca77

I'd like us to turn up for once, the team talk speaks for itself, do it for Seamus, get stuck in, it's only Liverpool ffs, nothing to be scared of, they will press from the off, so fucking what, let them press, just stay calm and take our chances, their defence is shite

Now is that to much to ask

March 27, 2017, 03:18:13 AM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone seen that tweet of Daniel sturridge with seamus Coleman broken leg for arms?

I try my best not to hate them but I fucking despise the horrible, classless, Clueless, deluded gobshites

I really really really hope we fucking do them

Simply simply lovely