November 22, 2017, 09:01:27 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd v Everton  (Read 16450 times)

April 02, 2017, 04:33:53 PM
Reply #30

Ross

How about we go there with our preferred formation and personnel and stop fucking about with it just to play into oppositions hands.

We've done it against Chelsea, Spurs and the shite, conceded 11 goals, got no points and hardly had a shot in all three games.

I like Koeman but his 'go to' formation and plan in big away games doesn't work.

The result and performances have been the same but we've played 3 different formations in each of those games.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 02, 2017, 04:46:58 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

The result and performances have been the same but we've played 3 different formations in each of those games.

Really?

I'm pretty sure we matched Chelsea up at their place and suffered for it.

We obviously had a back 3 yesterday and did we not start with 3 at the back against Spurs?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:51:25 PM by Lxxx »

April 02, 2017, 04:57:53 PM
Reply #32

Ross

Really?

I'm pretty sure we matched Chelsea up at their place and suffered for it.

We obviously had a back 3 yesterday and did we not start with 3 at the back against Spurs?

At Chelsea it was a back 5, Spurs a back 4 and yesterday was a 3.

Like I've said the results and performances were pretty identical regardless but he's changed things round.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 02, 2017, 05:17:34 PM
Reply #33

velimski

3 or 5 is the same thing really isn't it. Just depends if you whether you class your wing backs as defenders or midfielders.

Away at Spurs it was a definitely a back 4.

April 02, 2017, 06:02:25 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Away at Spurs we stifled midfield with about 5 midfielders didn't we?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 02, 2017, 07:06:19 PM
Reply #35

bluenose27

Would definitely change the GK after his performances in the last 2 away games he is simply not good enough. Would not play Pennington as he was completely out of his depth yesterday. Need to make a new GK a priority in the Summer as we should have last year!

April 02, 2017, 07:42:11 PM
Reply #36

Thornton_19

If Spurs came knocking with 30m for Barkley I'd bite their fucking hand of for it.
You are a fucking idiot. Football clearly is not for you.

April 02, 2017, 08:56:26 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Confident we can get something from this, possibly even a win. Not remotely impressed by Utd.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 02, 2017, 09:24:21 PM
Reply #38

Lxxx

Away at Spurs we stifled midfield with about 5 midfielders didn't we?

We didn't stifle anything though. That's the point.

April 02, 2017, 09:26:57 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Go back to 4 at the back and I can see us getting something here.

The Pennington experiment didn't work unfortunately. Shame on the lad but it's a harsh business and you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

April 02, 2017, 09:52:32 PM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We didn't stifle anything though. That's the point.

We did. We stifled our midfield.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 03, 2017, 01:28:45 AM
Reply #41

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think we're in an odd position, and have been for years, of the top sides knowing that they can't take us easy and therefore won't be taken by surprise (like Chelsea vs Palace etc) and also being stuck in no man's land with our own tactics of knowing that we can't go head to head away from home while also knowing that we're better than just get everyone behind the ball and whack it clear while hoping something somewhere falls for you.

The closest team to us over the past 15 years is probably Spurs. Even now they're very good their away record at the other 5 teams in the top 6 is shocking in terms of wins. So I'm assuming that they've had similar issues.

They've thrown in better performances over the past two years but that's because they're a very good team.

The games they won at Old Trafford and Arsenal just before they upped their level had Bale scoring from breakaways from long balls deep into their own half. And they're still isolated wins.

April 03, 2017, 02:19:41 AM
Reply #42

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Not having Schneiderlin in the team really hurt us against the shite, unfortunately I can't see much different here.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 03, 2017, 02:22:35 AM
Reply #43

Lxxx

Think we're in an odd position, and have been for years, of the top sides knowing that they can't take us easy and therefore won't be taken by surprise (like Chelsea vs Palace etc) and also being stuck in no man's land with our own tactics of knowing that we can't go head to head away from home while also knowing that we're better than just get everyone behind the ball and whack it clear while hoping something somewhere falls for you.

The closest team to us over the past 15 years is probably Spurs. Even now they're very good their away record at the other 5 teams in the top 6 is shocking in terms of wins. So I'm assuming that they've had similar issues.

They've thrown in better performances over the past two years but that's because they're a very good team.

The games they won at Old Trafford and Arsenal just before they upped their level had Bale scoring from breakaways from long balls deep into their own half. And they're still isolated wins.

True. Where they've moved ahead of us is their ability to turn tight games into narrow wins, primarily through not conceding cheap goals due to a quality centre back pairing and goalkeeper.

We've improved a hell of a lot this year at the back but they have taken it up another level and shown the value of a having top drawer players in that triangle back there.

I can think of half a dozen games this season where we've dropped silly points conceding cheap goals which, had we not, we'd be not far behind Spurs.

Getting back to being that miserly is a job for this summers rebuilding.

April 03, 2017, 03:22:14 AM
Reply #44

Tony Clifton

Wasn't mentioned much yesterday but Valencia yet again did well when on the pitch.

Time for him to start?

Although DCL played quite well tbh

I really expected Valencia to start yesterday, given how well he's done recently and his last performance against that lot.  Ronald dropped a massive bollock yesterday.

Stek
Holgate Williams Jags Baines
Gana Barry
Davies
Valencia Barkley
Lukaku