November 23, 2017, 12:43:38 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd v Everton  (Read 16459 times)

April 03, 2017, 04:55:24 AM
Reply #45

Ramjam

You are a fucking idiot. Football clearly is not for you.

Obviously you haven't been around long enough to see quality Everton players, and to call any one an idiot for having an opinion really sums up your own IQ
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 03, 2017, 05:36:36 AM
Reply #46

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously you haven't been around long enough to see quality Everton players, and to call any one an idiot for having an opinion really sums up your own IQ

Tbh though.....it is kind of idiotic, especially at that price. We paid nearly that much for Bolasie!

Barkley has come on leaps and bounds since the turn of the year, he is a very sought after player. I've been critical of him in the past, not technically, but more questioning if he had the mental toughness to make it a top top player....so far he's come back from being dropped with us, booed by fans and the piss taken out of him by 3 or 4 England managers, so that goes some way to answer that.

We should never sell ross unless he really wants to go, and then we need to make sure we get he best deal for the club.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 03, 2017, 05:57:39 AM
Reply #47

Ramjam

I agree with what your saying there Dunc, My point is that if we get good money for him I think we could use those funds with a better replacement, he has come on as a player since he was dropped but I just can't see him being a consistent performer at the highest level. The England managers have taken the piss at least that's what I thought until I watched his performance against the RS. Is he a big game player? Not in my opinion.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 03, 2017, 06:02:34 AM
Reply #48

Major Clanger

To be fair, I don't think he called you an idiot for having an opinion. He called you an idiot for having an idiotic opinion, which I would say is fair enough.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 03, 2017, 06:16:04 AM
Reply #49

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with what your saying there Dunc, My point is that if we get good money for him I think we could use those funds with a better replacement, he has come on as a player since he was dropped but I just can't see him being a consistent performer at the highest level. The England managers have taken the piss at least that's what I thought until I watched his performance against the RS. Is he a big game player? Not in my opinion.
He played the game like a fan as shogun said. He tried way way too hard and was too pumped up

Selling him would be ridiculous imo.... But everyone has their own

Simply simply lovely

April 03, 2017, 06:19:28 AM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

Tbh though.....it is kind of idiotic, especially at that price. We paid nearly that much for Bolasie!

Barkley has come on leaps and bounds since the turn of the year, he is a very sought after player. I've been critical of him in the past, not technically, but more questioning if he had the mental toughness to make it a top top player....so far he's come back from being dropped with us, booed by fans and the piss taken out of him by 3 or 4 England managers, so that goes some way to answer that.

We should never sell ross unless he really wants to go, and then we need to make sure we get he best deal for the club.

Boss comment
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 03, 2017, 12:26:00 PM
Reply #51

BlueBeagle

I like Barkley amd want to keep him but the comment "He's very sought after" I question.

Is he? Who's seriously interested for the money we'd demand?

Wouldn't get into any 1st XI of a team currently ranked higher than us in the league.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:28:36 PM by BlueBeagle »

April 03, 2017, 01:13:24 PM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

I like Barkley amd want to keep him but the comment "He's very sought after" I question.

Is he? Who's seriously interested for the money we'd demand?

Wouldn't get into any 1st XI of a team currently ranked higher than us in the league.

Spurs

April 03, 2017, 01:41:05 PM
Reply #53

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 03, 2017, 02:14:14 PM
Reply #54

Macca77

To even consider selling Barkley is simply ludicrous, he's been superb since the turn of the year

April 03, 2017, 02:17:52 PM
Reply #55

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Who in our squad is a big game player though?

He played in the squad that best Arsenal at home earlier in the season, and the squad that beat city 4-1.
I can't think of any player in the current squad that has shown they are more or less of a 'big game' player than Ross.

It's your idea of 'good money' that I don't fully agree with. 30m to a club that isn't actually that far ahead of us in terms of quality of players, finances, ambition etc, is not good money.
Koeman said a few weeks ago that if a players leaves his contract to just 12 months remaining then they can expect to be sold, and I think that's right because the player obviously doesn't want to be here, but you would get far more than 30m for Ross, even with just 12 months on his contract.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

April 03, 2017, 02:29:25 PM
Reply #56

Macca77

Man United have been getting some stick again after the West Brom bore fest so will be come out firing in this, we need to be careful here, need to pick a our strongest 11 available, Mirallas has to start

April 03, 2017, 02:52:33 PM
Reply #57

Bluedylan

Who would they drop?

You don't drop anyone. It's a squad game now. You assemble as many good players as possible and worry about fitting them into a system later on. Poch loves his young English players, and all the paper talk for a long while now is that he'd love to sign Barkley. Anyway, we'll not sell him and he'll sign, so it's all academic.

April 03, 2017, 02:58:22 PM
Reply #58

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Man United have been getting some stick again after the West Brom bore fest so will be come out firing in this, we need to be careful here, need to pick a our strongest 11 available, Mirallas has to start

Zlatan back for this one, will be hungry as hell, it's got to be 4 at the back otherwise Koeman is taking the piss.

April 03, 2017, 03:08:42 PM
Reply #59

MmmBlueRamirez

We gonna win this one. Lukaku needs to get back up on his seat in the shop window so he will boss it.

2-0.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama