October 18, 2018, 11:42:28 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 14427 times)

April 05, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
Read 14427 times

Toddacelli

I am laughing my head off here!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 06, 2017, 12:05:09 AM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

The Vermin are offended (as usual)

Worth 48M on its own    :)

April 06, 2017, 12:47:34 AM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

has anyone read the THREE HUNDRED comments on the Echo article?

those reds aren't arsed are they?

This gives me the warm fuzzy feelings inside like -

April 06, 2017, 06:52:29 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Tell you what I can't wait for that.

The liver birds lit up in blue across the way for Bramley Moore's first game, an evening kick off befitting of the occasion.

Journo's swarming, desperate to get into the good books now the narrative has turned from plucky Everton who can't quite compete to the glorious Everton, 9 times champions retaking their place as one of the country's truly great clubs.

Farhad Moshiri waves to the crowd (55k not including corporate 😁) from the directors seat, and a selection of representatives from the everton fans forum, EITC and of course the glorious 2017 double cup winning side captain Phil Jagielka cut the ribbon on the tunnel.

The famous pipes call out, cutting through the crowd noise and shushing even veteran blues in the towering new Mersey Stand.

The call of the crowd rises to meet it..

Captain Steven Naismith leads out the mighty blues.

You had me up until Naismith!

April 06, 2017, 08:02:42 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

Apparently, buying the Liver Building was suggested to him by the same person who named the shop Everton 2...

April 06, 2017, 11:53:02 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

no it wasn't

Maybe not - but it's just as funny!

Do you know who did that? Was it you?

April 07, 2017, 12:02:16 AM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

the person who put the idea to the board will never - EVER - admit it, but it came from a forum post on here about two years before our shop was announced.  There was a rumour that we were opening a shop in Liverpool One, so I said it should be called "Everton Two" because of the address thing and obvious joke.  This was at a time when this person spent more time on NSNO than I did, from behind his computer above the Megastore (Everton One).

Yeah - I thought that rang a bell!

Haha! Either way - it was a brilliant move. Well done Si.

April 07, 2017, 12:07:58 AM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

You know what though - I find myself smiling every time I remember this has happened      nod

April 09, 2017, 02:52:55 PM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

He's NOT the messiah - he's just a very clever billionaire!

April 11, 2017, 07:43:03 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

Was laughing my head off at the opening credits to MOTD when the icon to represent Liverpool came up - yup - the Liver building!

Can imagine the fewm when MOTD starts in houses up and down the country!

lolol

September 21, 2017, 06:48:31 PM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

If they don't have a CGI video of a couple of angry birds using the liver birds as the arms of a catapult and firing into Anfield, destroying it completely, then Everton's marketing/PR team need sacking.

SCRIPT:

"We need to take down Everton's old ground to move into the new one."
Birds launched and Anfield destroyed.
"Not that one, bird-brain! They haven't played there for years! Never mind, it does look better though doesn't it?
Lots of chirpy sniggering.

FIXED!

September 22, 2017, 10:10:12 PM
Reply #11

Toddacelli

No I understand perfectly, and as I say I'm happy about them throwing us a few quid on the way down, but in terms of Everton acting like a big brand and associating itself with brands that reflect those values of success etc, this is not representative of that.

There was however about 5 pages of people talking about whether or not this works from our POV, and how big Rovio are now compared to their pomp.

At least we've all heard of Angry Birds.

What the fuck is a SportsPesa and can I have pepperoni on mine please?

September 26, 2017, 09:27:50 PM
Reply #12

Toddacelli

Wayne Rooney is already a globally-recognised footballer but the Everton striker could be set for worldwide stardom of a different kind with his potential immortalisation in the Angry Birds online game franchise.

The club expect the new shirt-sleeve sponsorship deal with Rovio, the game's developers, will produce both financial and exposure benefits to boost their profile to unprecedented levels.

One area could see Rooney appear in a Toffees spin-off version of the massively-popular online game.

Everton's partnership with the Finnish company may have brought howls of derision from certain sections of the fanbase due to the game's main character being a red bird - the colour of cross-city rivals Liverpool - but Press Association Sport understands in Premier League boardrooms up and down the country the club have been privately congratulated for securing such an innovative deal.

The club hope to boost their appeal in a different demographic in key growth markets, particularly the likes of China and the Far East, as Angry Birds has a global brand awareness third only to Disney and Lego, while Rovio are looking to capitalise on the immense global appeal of the Premier League.

'We have a history of doing Angry Bird homages of real-life characters so obviously now we are in collaboration (with Everton) we can work together to bring interesting characters and profiles into the games,' said Ville Heijari, Rovio Entertainment's chief marketing officer told Press Association Sport.

'Potentially Wayne Rooney would be involved.

'It is not just enough that we reach mobile players
; we want to reach sports fans, television spectators, so it is a big audience we are going after.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4920632/Wayne-Rooney-feature-new-Everton-Angry-Birds-game.html

Eh?

Who called him mobile? Can't run anymore and now he can't drive anymore either!