October 22, 2017, 08:50:29 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 8700 times)

September 17, 2017, 04:52:32 PM
Reply #120

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously it's good news but hasn't a trick been missed by not getting this signed off before we started selling this seasons kit?

No.

We hardly make any money from shirt sales.

And it won't affect the deal value, as the reason Angry Birds are paying us is to have their logo televised to tens of millions of consumers around the world, not to a few thousands scousers walking around Goodison wearing the shirt on match day.

deCoubertin

September 17, 2017, 04:58:14 PM
Reply #121

Jamokachi

It would be interesting to see what these numbers are so far in 2017. The club have tweeted a load about how many downloads etc. But I think the brand is probably on the decline. Not many people download the game anymore and the Angry Bird merchandise is nothing compared to what it was a couple of years ago.

How have you come to this conclusion?

September 17, 2017, 04:59:52 PM
Reply #122

Bally

Administrator
It would be interesting to see what these numbers are so far in 2017. The club have tweeted a load about how many downloads etc. But I think the brand is probably on the decline. Not many people download the game anymore and the Angry Bird merchandise is nothing compared to what it was a couple of years ago.

I'm not complaining though, 2m per annum is a decent income stream, and I have actually heard of this company, unlike Sportspesa.
Mate
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 05:16:18 PM
Reply #123

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Mate

I know I get all that, but It would be interesting to see what the figures look like so far for 2017 as the Angry Bird brand looks to be on the decline, it's nowhere near how huge it was a few years ago.
Every shop you went in had angry birds kids clothes or merchandise etc.
They had adverts on the TV every 10 minutes, it's nowhere near that big now, which is why those figures are slightly misleading, you can guarantee the vast majority of the downloads, YouTube views and Facebook followers were in the early days, it wouldn't surprise me if just 5% of them total numbers are from the last 18 months.

It's a good move for the club, but to think we're now going to get some massive influx of young fans and be on the lips of billions of people worldwide is overdoing it. They are coming to us for advertisement, not the other way round.
It kind of wreeks of old men thinking they know what the youth want.

Maybe we should take some inspiration from the Vikings. :)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2017/09/14/vikings-hire-18-year-old-generation-z-consultant/666848001/
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 17, 2017, 05:24:43 PM
Reply #124

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I think its great.  Dont understand how anyone could think its embarassing having a global brand as a sleeve sponsor, when you see the levels of shite other teams have got.

#AngryLiverBirds
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

September 17, 2017, 05:36:31 PM
Reply #125

SANA_DR0

Did Rooney endorse this deal?

Nope, I would say it was Colleen, as she's an angry bird. (or should be with Rooney)
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 17, 2017, 06:10:37 PM
Reply #126

Bluebridge

Nope, I would say it was Colleen, as she's an angry bird. (or should be with Rooney)
I think that's what he was getting at.

September 17, 2017, 06:37:51 PM
Reply #127

Macca77

Every kid at footy was buzzing about this earlier, I think it's great
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:39:39 PM by Macca77 »

September 17, 2017, 06:40:23 PM
Reply #128

Hesmenos

The sponsorship is with Rovio, not just Angry Birds. Angry Birds just happens to be by far their most recognised product.
Rovio seem to be planning some big moves at the moment. They have plans for an IPO and are trying to build up their brand recognition, which is what they will hope to get from our partnership. There are also rumours of acquisitions, so it is possible that Angry Birds won't be the only product linked with us.
There's also the 2nd movie coming out soon.

I think its a great opportunity for us and hopefully we have the organisation in place to take advantage of it

September 17, 2017, 06:44:06 PM
Reply #129

mikey_blue

Great sort of sponsorship for the little kids kits, especially when we've got a bookies on the adult kits.

September 17, 2017, 06:45:51 PM
Reply #130

Bally

Administrator

I know I get all that, but It would be interesting to see what the figures look like so far for 2017 as the Angry Bird brand looks to be on the decline, it's nowhere near how huge it was a few years ago.
Every shop you went in had angry birds kids clothes or merchandise etc.
They had adverts on the TV every 10 minutes, it's nowhere near that big now, which is why those figures are slightly misleading, you can guarantee the vast majority of the downloads, YouTube views and Facebook followers were in the early days, it wouldn't surprise me if just 5% of them total numbers are from the last 18 months.

It's a good move for the club, but to think we're now going to get some massive influx of young fans and be on the lips of billions of people worldwide is overdoing it. They are coming to us for advertisement, not the other way round.
It kind of wreeks of old men thinking they know what the youth want.

Maybe we should take some inspiration from the Vikings. :)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2017/09/14/vikings-hire-18-year-old-generation-z-consultant/666848001/
Angry birds 2 had a heavy release this year all the toys in burger King kids meals everyone knows what they are it's a good move
It's the roll I way

September 17, 2017, 07:28:44 PM
Reply #131

phillyt

There is apparantly another film coming out in 2019. So I would imagine the presence of the brand will be driven up considerably starting in the new year which I guess this is the start of.
At the end of the day a rumoured 2m per season is not bad and if we can use it to our advantage to grow our presence among impressionable young kids, get exposure within the game, maybe the film then it can't hurt can it.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 17, 2017, 08:29:34 PM
Reply #132

toffee_scot

Could we have not announced this deal until after the United game  :whistle:
Joking a side really like this idea, it's clever and should appeal to our younger fan base.

Yeah I hope we don't get thrashed by Man Utd or that could be pretty embarrassing especially if we are using Rovio as a conduit for greater exposure.

Apart from that I guess today is the perfect time to announce this deal since we are live on Sky and we are playing a football club which is an enormous global football brand so millions and millions of people will be tuning in to watch. No doubt the commentators will say something about it, the cameras will zoom in on the Everton shirt sleeves and perhaps Red will become our mascot for at least this game.

I also think this is a very clever move from the club, maybe the Angry Birds franchise reached its peak a few years ago but it still is very popular   franchise and as already mentioned on here, there will be a new Angry Birds movie in the works and there are still millions who play the Angry Birds worldwide.

September 17, 2017, 08:44:35 PM
Reply #133

Trowel

Looks a bit weird on the diamonds.

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 17, 2017, 08:49:00 PM
Reply #134

Ross

That looks ridiculous.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.