November 24, 2017, 12:11:29 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri buys the Liver Building  (Read 9768 times)

September 21, 2017, 10:17:21 PM
Reply #165

The Analog Kid

Sponsorship is about us getting money and them getting advertisement space. don't look at it as being the other way around.
They are not there to increase our "brand", they are there to pay us to increase theirs.

There has been a continual stream of cartoon series about angry birds. McDonalds toys. Normal toys, the lot.
Brand recognition is so high it is almost strange that they are advertising on our sleeves.

You're pissing on the naysayers chips here. Pack it in!

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 10:30:49 PM
Reply #166

DannyR

If they make Angry Birds Everton edition that would be boss.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 21, 2017, 11:33:58 PM
Reply #167

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

A Duncan Ferguson version of an angry bird
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 21, 2017, 11:52:39 PM
Reply #168

74Blue

A Duncan Ferguson version of an angry bird
That would be one awesome fucking pigeon!

September 22, 2017, 04:14:47 AM
Reply #169

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

They can use @Audrey Horne as the face of it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 22, 2017, 04:17:20 AM
Reply #170

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

September 22, 2017, 06:48:58 AM
Reply #171

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm glad that they have given us a few quid and I hope it leads to larger deals in the future, but as a brand in my opinion it is almost certainly not going in the right direction.

Search interest is the lowest worldwide in 5 years. Not a perfect metric as it doesn't take into account say social mentions or app searches (which you could imagine being the meat and drink) but I mean come on, it is clearly not the powerhouse it was a few years ago, misguided film franchise or no.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 22, 2017, 01:57:50 PM
Reply #172

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm glad that they have given us a few quid and I hope it leads to larger deals in the future, but as a brand in my opinion it is almost certainly not going in the right direction.

Search interest is the lowest worldwide in 5 years. Not a perfect metric as it doesn't take into account say social mentions or app searches (which you could imagine being the meat and drink) but I mean come on, it is clearly not the powerhouse it was a few years ago, misguided film franchise or no.

Finally someone gets it.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 22, 2017, 02:42:41 PM
Reply #173

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
What on earth are you two on about?
I genuinely don't get it by the way, not just being confrontational.

People who own billboards don't refuse advertisements because they're "not big enough"
Metrics about a falling brand IS THE EXACT REASON they are looking to give us some of their money.

Honestly, i think you guys need to go back to the drawing board and fundamentally reassess what you think these deals are all about.

September 22, 2017, 05:46:51 PM
Reply #174

MmmBlueRamirez

People who own billboards don't refuse advertisements because they're "not big enough"
Metrics about a falling brand IS THE EXACT REASON they are looking to give us some of their money.

Honestly, i think you guys need to go back to the drawing board and fundamentally reassess what you think these deals are all about.

Mick just hit a zinger out the park....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 22, 2017, 08:35:43 PM
Reply #175

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

No I understand perfectly, and as I say I'm happy about them throwing us a few quid on the way down, but in terms of Everton acting like a big brand and associating itself with brands that reflect those values of success etc, this is not representative of that.

There was however about 5 pages of people talking about whether or not this works from our POV, and how big Rovio are now compared to their pomp.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 22, 2017, 08:52:59 PM
Reply #176

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
No I understand perfectly, and as I say I'm happy about them throwing us a few quid on the way down, but in terms of Everton acting like a big brand and associating itself with brands that reflect those values of success etc, this is not representative of that.

There was however about 5 pages of people talking about whether or not this works from our POV, and how big Rovio are now compared to their pomp.

OK, i can sort of see that point of view.
I disagree with it as i think the point of selling advertising space is to get money. If it was about anything else then EiTC would be on our shirts and nothing else. (akin to what Barca did)
Considering we have just replaced a beer company with an online betting company as our main sponsor - a child friendly gaming/cartoon company doesn't seem that bad to me.

By the way, Rovio as a game maker may have seen a decline - but the IP of angrybirds far, far surpasses that now. It was only last week they were looking at a billion dollar IPO. The only downtick for them was when they failed to get on board with the IAP model and everybody overtook them. That's all small beans to them now though.
They would have had meetings with most of the clubs in the premier league. Found out what each one was after as a sponsorship package and then decided what we were asking for compared to our exposure/TV appearances suited their budget. Nothing more, nothing less.
If they had a 10m budget for a sponsorship deal they would be on the arms of United. Simple as that.

September 22, 2017, 10:10:12 PM
Reply #177

Toddacelli

At least we've all heard of Angry Birds.

What the fuck is a SportsPesa and can I have pepperoni on mine please?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 22, 2017, 10:14:57 PM
Reply #178

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
OK, i can sort of see that point of view.
I disagree with it as i think the point of selling advertising space is to get money. If it was about anything else then EiTC would be on our shirts and nothing else. (akin to what Barca did)
Considering we have just replaced a beer company with an online betting company as our main sponsor - a child friendly gaming/cartoon company doesn't seem that bad to me.

By the way, Rovio as a game maker may have seen a decline - but the IP of angrybirds far, far surpasses that now. It was only last week they were looking at a billion dollar IPO. The only downtick for them was when they failed to get on board with the IAP model and everybody overtook them. That's all small beans to them now though.
They would have had meetings with most of the clubs in the premier league. Found out what each one was after as a sponsorship package and then decided what we were asking for compared to our exposure/TV appearances suited their budget. Nothing more, nothing less.
If they had a 10m budget for a sponsorship deal they would be on the arms of United. Simple as that.

Yep I agree, if we're concerned about brand image when it comes to sponsors then I'm sure SportPesa the Kenyan betting company is a bigger concern. Not sure where I stand because I sort of think they go hand in hand - as you mention above when you reference rovio's budget. The bigger you are the more you can demand etc.

I don't particularly like just seeing it as ad space but clearly it isn't a concern for those in charge.

That said, I'm glad we didn't just totally not get one at all, which I wouldn't have been surprised about really.

September 26, 2017, 06:42:40 PM
Reply #179

Trowel

Wayne Rooney is already a globally-recognised footballer but the Everton striker could be set for worldwide stardom of a different kind with his potential immortalisation in the Angry Birds online game franchise.

The club expect the new shirt-sleeve sponsorship deal with Rovio, the game's developers, will produce both financial and exposure benefits to boost their profile to unprecedented levels.

One area could see Rooney appear in a Toffees spin-off version of the massively-popular online game.

Everton's partnership with the Finnish company may have brought howls of derision from certain sections of the fanbase due to the game's main character being a red bird - the colour of cross-city rivals Liverpool - but Press Association Sport understands in Premier League boardrooms up and down the country the club have been privately congratulated for securing such an innovative deal.

The club hope to boost their appeal in a different demographic in key growth markets, particularly the likes of China and the Far East, as Angry Birds has a global brand awareness third only to Disney and Lego, while Rovio are looking to capitalise on the immense global appeal of the Premier League.

'We have a history of doing Angry Bird homages of real-life characters so obviously now we are in collaboration (with Everton) we can work together to bring interesting characters and profiles into the games,' said Ville Heijari, Rovio Entertainment's chief marketing officer told Press Association Sport.

'Potentially Wayne Rooney would be involved.

'It is not just enough that we reach mobile players; we want to reach sports fans, television spectators, so it is a big audience we are going after.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4920632/Wayne-Rooney-feature-new-Everton-Angry-Birds-game.html
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news